How is it embarrassing with Bisping being champ?

Jet Li

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I think Weidman is truly deluded, first of all thinking he should get the next shot after getting stopped in his last fight then making these silly comments about the fact it's embarrassing Bisping is the champ? What's so embarrassing about Bisping's record? I'm not discounting Weidman's record or saying Bisping's record is better but lets compare...

Weidman 13-1

Notable wins:

Anderson Silva (2 Controversial wins)
Vitor Belfort (Non TRT version which is awful)
Lyoto Machida (If I remember correctly, Machida came back strong in that fight)
Demian Maia (was a terrible fight)

Bisping 29-7

Notable Wins:

Anderson Silva (controversial win but imho he won 3-2, still more convincing then Weidman's Silva wins)
Luke Rockhold (Knocked him out)
Cung Le (beat him in the stand up)
Brian Stann (at the time was a big and convincing win)

In terms of defeats obviously Weidman has only lost once so will be interesting to see how he bounces back.

Bisping has arguably many controversial losses due to the amount of fighters using PEDS which include

Dan Henderson (the reason why Bisping gets disregarded as a top fighter?)
Wanderlei Silva (was a closer fight then people remember)
Chael Sonnen (very close fight)
Vitor Belfort (this Vitor was a killer, ask Rockhold too)

He lost a split to Rashad at light Heavyweight
Got out wrestled by Kennedy (Bisping was coming back from a year long lay off and eye surgery)
And obviously losing to Rockhold which he avenged

Hardly embarrassing? ...cue Bisping haters and H-Bomb Gifs...

Regarding Weidman's Silva wins...yes he stopped Silva twice but the second fight hardly counts...come on guys that was a freak injury. Regarding the first fight, Silva had no respect for Weidman and was literally toying with him (way too much) Weidman was in a shell then landed a big punch....anyone would have knocked out Silva that day including Bisping, not taking anything away from him but that's just how I saw it. Technically yes it was more impressive then Bisping's win over Silva but take that knee out (where Bisping lost concentration over his mouthpiece) and no one can argue Bisping won the majority of that fight

Last edited:
The fan base has critically underrated him his whole career. I've always said in threads about underrated fighters that he was the most underrated. Granted I never thought he would be champ, I knew it was possible and he was a legit contender. Chris just underrated him like everyone else

It's not embarrassing
credit where credit is due

He took out Luck Rockhole in round one

Luke would like that one back

It's amusing because Weidmans coach is Matt Serra; The go to answer for fluke champions.

Because Bisping's a career gatekeeper that got a gifted titleshot and ended up becoming champion while being on the downside of his career.

It is pretty damn embarrassing especially when you consider the fact that he could never earn a title shot during the Silva era, and you had these so called MMA experts on here proclaiming Silva's MW era to be weak compared to this "new breed." Now you have someone from the old breed as champ, that couldn't even get past "gatekeeper" level during the Silva era.

Because Bisping's a career gatekeeper that got a gifted titleshot and ended up becoming champion while being on the downside of his career.

It is pretty damn embarrassing especially when you consider the fact that he could never earn a title shot during the Silva era, and you had these so called MMA experts on here proclaiming Silva's MW era to be weak compared to this "new breed." Now you have someone from the old breed as champ, that couldn't even get past "gatekeeper" level during the Silva era.
Gifted? He stepped up on short notice after beating the GOAT MW

It's embarrassing to Weidman because Weidman doesn't like him and he beat the guy that beat Weidman. So by the transitive property Bisping can beat Weidman.

I was glad Bisping got his shot! He deserved it he has been a top guy for many years. That being said I don't think of Bisping as great! As far as a fan goes it isn't embarrassing as a top guy at 1865 I get what Weidman is saying! Listen A lot came into play for bisping to get his title and so be it good for him, but He will lose to Jacre, Weidman or Rockhold handly and the odds will show this and the result will prove it. I think as an elite fighter in the division it would be a bit of a let down that the weakest champ in the UFC is your weight class. No offense to Bisping I would have him down as a Hall of Fame guy before the title, but it is what it is. Just a consistent guy long career with solid stats! And it is also a little embarrassing that hendo and bisping are fighting for the belt next also. another devalue to the division

Gifted? He stepped up on short notice after beating the GOAT MW

Yeah, that's a gifted titleshot, he didn't earn it, he was just fortunate enough that the Weidman got injured, Jacare was injured, and Romero was suspended. He was the 4th option.

Yeah, that's a gifted titleshot, he didn't earn it, he was just fortunate enough that the Weidman got injured, Jacare was injured, and Romero was suspended. He was the 4th option.

So he's lucky Yoel is a cheater??? He still stepped up with no training to fight the number 1 MW in the world who had already beaten him.

post-23752-now-youre-just-embarrassing-yo-fcgS_zps5801a1fe.gif

he's something like 2 and 7 against top 8 opponents. Stann and Miller were ranked 9 and 10 i believe, those were decent wins, as was Belcher. and he did great against Sonnen.

look, power to him, he made the most of his opportunity. every reasonable fans believes this. but until then he was the epitome of a gatekeeper. he make millions beating guys ranked 15-30 two or three times in a row, then losing to a top 10, rinse, repeat. reasonable fans admit this too.

he's a perfectly adequate, solid fighter, there is no question about it. usually 'solid fighters' aren't champs. Griffin and Bisping are the exceptions which prove that rule is all.

Last edited:
Lol at saying Bispings win over the gawd was more convincing than Weidmans. Weidman actually fucked Silva up for the majority of both their fights. Bisping had one solid round and got KOed

I think when you just listed Bisping's notable wins you answered your own question. 36 fights and one good win. <6>

So he's lucky Yoel is a cheater??? He still stepped up with no training to fight the number 1 MW in the world who had already beaten him.

Yes... Congratulations to him, still doesn't change the fact that he was the 4th option in the division.

He's also lucky he got the decision over Thales Leites. He's also lucky that the Silva fight wasn't stopped after that flying knee.

Yes... Congratulations to him, still doesn't change the fact that he was the 4th option in the division.

He's also lucky he got the decision over Thales Leites. He's also lucky that the Silva fight wasn't stopped after that flying knee.

And he's unlucky he has had to fight a shopping list of steroid cheats which resulted in him losing an eye. He also has a couple of close losses too like Chael and Rashad.

I think Weidman is truly deluded, first of all thinking he should get the next shot after getting stopped in his last fight then making these silly comments about the fact it's embarrassing Bisping is the champ? What's so embarrassing about Bisping's record? I'm not discounting Weidman's record or saying Bisping's record is better but lets compare...

Weidman 13-1

Notable wins:

Anderson Silva (2 Controversial wins)
Vitor Belfort (Non TRT version which is awful)
Lyoto Machida (If I remember correctly, Machida came back strong in that fight)
Demian Maia (was a terrible fight)

Bisping 29-7

Notable Wins:

Anderson Silva (controversial win but imho he won 3-2, still more convincing then Weidman's Silva wins)
Luke Rockhold (Knocked him out)
Cung Le (beat him in the stand up)
Brian Stann (at the time was a big and convincing win)

In terms of defeats obviously Weidman has only lost once so will be interesting to see how he bounces back.

Bisping has arguably many controversial losses due to the amount of fighters using PEDS which include

Dan Henderson (the reason why Bisping gets disregarded as a top fighter?)
Wanderlei Silva (was a closer fight then people remember)
Chael Sonnen (very close fight)
Vitor Belfort (this Vitor was a killer, ask Rockhold too)

He lost a split to Rashad at light Heavyweight
Got out wrestled by Kennedy (Bisping was coming back from a year long lay off and eye surgery)
And obviously losing to Rockhold which he avenged

Hardly embarrassing? ...cue Bisping haters and H-Bomb Gifs...
its almost as embarrassing as having a champion who is 9-0 and their best win being a fat Mark Munoz

oh shit, kinda like Weidman ;)

Back