How is conor so good at striking?????

Its more that everyone is more or less terrible...like really bad

You could even tell by his reaction when Nate hit him that he'd never been hit before in his life. Conors eyes looked like he became instantly retarded after being hit

Conor gets hit ALL the time. His chin is solid, unless he is gassed. My guess to Conor keeping his hands so low is to bait people in and to have his shots come from weird angles. Conors chin, sense of timing and precision is his biggest strengths.

Last edited:
Conor has a lot of great qualities, but it's his composure while under fire that makes him a special striker.

Neoesque.

Except half a dozen elite level grapplers who've rolled with him have said he's great. But you surely know better, you're from the internet.

Thank you. So many people shit on Conor's ground game because he wasn't good enough to survive after being rocked.
Let's not forget that Diaz currently is #2 in UFC history for submission wins... behind Gracie who submitted 6 people in the first 2 UFC events.

Except half a dozen elite level grapplers who've rolled with him have said he's great. But you surely know better, you're from the internet.
How about you name those elite level grapplers who said such a thing? I don't doubt that people training with him are likely to say that, but I'm really curious as to who these half dozen elite level grapplers saying he's great are.

How about you name those elite level grapplers who said such a thing? I don't doubt that people training with him are likely to say that, but I'm really curious as to who these half dozen elite level grapplers saying he's great are.
Ryan Hall, Dillon Danis, Eddie Bravo, Rener Gracie, Gunnar Nelson, Luke Thomas come to mind immediately. And they haven't just said it's "ok", they've used words like "amazing", "surprised how good he was", "very, very good."

The "lol but they've trained with him" cop out is just that, a lame cop out. How would someone who hasn't trained with him know how good he is, first of all? And second, no one forces his training partners to praise his BJJ -- common courtesy doesn't involve going out of your way to mention Conor and how great he is, it's more than possible to be non-committal and say something like "yea he's OK/pretty good/improving fast" if you're not impressed but don't want to be mean and you're asked about it.

Ryan Hall, Dillon Danis, Eddie Bravo, Rener Gracie, Gunnar Nelson, Luke Thomas come to mind immediately. And they haven't just said it's "ok", they've used words like "amazing", "surprised how good he was", "very, very good."

The "lol but they've trained with him" cop out is just that, a lame cop out. How would someone who hasn't trained with him know how good he is, first of all? And second, no one forces his training partners to praise his BJJ -- common courtesy doesn't involve going out of your way to mention Conor and how great he is, it's more than possible to be non-committal and say something like "yea he's OK/pretty good/improving fast" if you're not impressed but don't want to be mean and you're asked about it.
Who the fuck is Luke Thomas? And Hall, Danis and Nelson are his training partners so I'd take what they say with a huge amount of salt.

Who the fuck is Luke Thomas? And Hall, Danis and Nelson are his training partners so I'd take what they say with a huge amount of salt.
You're right, random people on the internet who've never trained with Conor know so much better. Conor was probably holding Hall's girlfriend hostage at gunpoint to make him praise his BJJ.

You're right, random people on the internet who've never trained with Conor know so much better. Conor was probably holding Hall's girlfriend hostage at gunpoint to make him praise his BJJ.
That's the spirit. Avoid answering any questions or factoring in that his training partners obviously are going to tell everyone he's awesome.
I'm not even saying his ground game is shit, I'm just asking you to elaborate on who these mythical "half dozen elite level grapplers" are. And as it would turn out 3 of them were his training partners and one completely unknown to me. I'll give you Bravo and Rener though, and speaking of which I'd love to read what Rener had to say about it.

He's not great at striking, he's good at striking.

He's severely aided by his size and his naturally gifted power.

When it comes to pure technique, I could name 20-30 fighters who are better.

haters-gonna-hate-futurama.gif

That's the spirit. Avoid answering any questions or factoring in that his training partners obviously are going to tell everyone he's awesome.
I'm not even saying his ground game is shit, I'm just asking you to elaborate on who these mythical "half dozen elite level grapplers". And as it would turn out 3 of them were his training partners, one completely unknown to me. I'll give you Bravo and Rener though, and speaking of which I'd love to read what Rener had to say about it.
Yeah, super relevant questions innit, ask about 1 out of 6 people (that you can google yourself, he's not really an elite elite grappler, "just" a black belt expert analyst) while disregarding the people who aren't Conor's training partners.

And no, "obviously" people who have trained with Conor won't sing his praises. I don't know what kind of ass-kissing gym you come from, but people don't usually say OMFG HES SO AMAZING just because they've trained with someone.... unless they actually think that person is amazing. Especially a ton of different people with different personalities. Ryan Hall especially is someone who wouldn't bullshit about things like that.

But sure, let's pretend all those people are flat out lying through their teeth and have no integrity whatsoever, while taking the word of random people on the internet that Conor's ground game is "soooooo bad." Can't change someone's mind who has an agenda and has already decided what to think.

Out of interest please name 30 better strikers.

I'm sure he does fine in practice but inside the cage not so much. 3 losses all via sub. He really hasn't shown much improvement in his ground game since he tapped out to Irish Joe Duffy. He's probably like Chael in that regard.

He's fearless. Keeps his hands low. Has absolutely no fear of someone counter striking him. WTF? He definitely picks his shots but still. Damn impressive...
this HTML class. Value is

Maybe being fearless and having no fear make you a good striker...

Yeah kayos are all power and speed, nothing to do with timing and accuracy.

Is Aldo on your list?

Back