How is colby going to beat usman?

This won’t look like their first fight. It won’t be as competitive, Colby sat for too long and Usman stayed active.

Colby would have to have the best fight of his career to take the rematch, Usman just as to be in shape, sharp, & precise. Colby was lucky he caught Usman just as he was making that turn around and he just couldn't catch him, now Kamaru is fully turned beast. Colby gets pasted even quicker this time around I feel a mauling finish...

Skill wise they match up well. The only issue is that Usman is far more durable and hits way harder. Colby isn’t as durable and doesn’t hit hard. Cant see it ending any other way than Colby starting to break down from the damage while Usman is still running at full speed.

This, basically. Colby did remarkably well, and his wiggly high volume standup is kind of underrated tbh, and he is pretty tough with good cardio.

But ultimately Usman is much more powerful, and a bit more durable, that's why he came out on top in the first fight and tbh there's no reason to think that he wouldn't win 10/10.

Plus he's been looking better and better.

do fans seriously think that colby can take usman down and keep him there?
or that he suddenly became a better striker than the champ and is going to knock him out?

even outpointing him will be extremely difficult now that usman polished his striking with trevor witman.

i just see no path of victory for him. Even masvidal had a bigger chance of winning with a miracle punch imo.
but with colbys pillow hands even that is not possible. if we take that freak rib injury tko out

then his last tko finish was in 2016 against max griffin. which didnt showed his knockout power either btw.

so colby fans do you guys actually believe he has a decent chance to win against usman?

If Serra can TKO/Sub GSP ... Colby has a shot vs Usman.

Also Usman isn't that young. Any day now he could start to show his age.

Colvmby is one if not the smartest fighter in the UFC when it comes to figthing intelligent so i think he has a plan. It's not like he is Cat Zingano.

How does Colby win? He actually was really close to winning several times and Usman fakes a groin strike when he was actually hurt badly by a body kick.
If usmna gets punched enough times in th head he will loose, that is it.

Colvmby is one if not the smartest fighter in the UFC when it comes to figthing intelligent

Really..? I thought him try to slam Warlley Alves off his neck was the dumbest moves ever

BlueAccurateBlackfly-size_restricted.gif
38riqc.gif

Not much advantageous, better he press him against the fence take away that deep sink...

Anyone know why Covington was so inactive? Was it really due to jaw surgery?

I mean the first fight was 2 to 2 or 3 to 1 Colby going into the 5th and while Colby has only fought once since then you would have to be a fool to think he hasn't improved as well.

Fighters train all the time not just when they have a fight coming up.

I think Usman wins but I expect it to be competitive again.

I do not like Colby's chances. He has fought almost a year apart since.

he's going to win a decision 49-46 losing only the first round to usman

They were even in the striking through 4 rounds and Colby had him hurt multiple times, so just do the same thing and mix in some wrestling to wear him out more.

wrestling is his best shot. I know usman has a TD 100% but what wrestlers has he faced, really? All the accredited wrestlers he's faced have turned into strikers when they fought.

I actually think if he wrestles him, he can open up shots if usman has to constantly think about the takedown and I think he can make usman tired. Usman's never been tired because he's plodding style. No one has ever really make him work.

Going by common opponents, RDA was able to take Colby down several times, but he couldn't even move Usman in the clinch. I don't think that wrestling is going to go much better for Colby, but Usman's knees are fucked up, so maybe it'll work for him.

They were even in the striking through 4 rounds and Colby had him hurt multiple times, so just do the same thing and mix in some wrestling to wear him out more.

Colby stunned Usman a few times when he was out of position. After seeing Usman take Burns' shin to the head and immediately recover, I don't think that Colby ever had him in any real trouble.

Usman is twice as good as he was at the time of the first fight, Colby is the same. Usman will finish him much sooner this time. He's better everywhere.

Back