How is colby going to beat usman?

ayaandirtyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
do fans seriously think that colby can take usman down and keep him there?
or that he suddenly became a better striker than the champ and is going to knock him out?

even outpointing him will be extremely difficult now that usman polished his striking with trevor witman.

i just see no path of victory for him. Even masvidal had a bigger chance of winning with a miracle punch imo.
but with colbys pillow hands even that is not possible. if we take that freak rib injury tko out

then his last tko finish was in 2016 against max griffin. which didnt showed his knockout power either btw.

so colby fans do you guys actually believe he has a decent chance to win against usman?

tenor.gif

Skill wise they match up well. The only issue is that Usman is far more durable and hits way harder. Colby isn’t as durable and doesn’t hit hard. Cant see it ending any other way than Colby starting to break down from the damage while Usman is still running at full speed.

or that he suddenly became a better striker than the champ and is going to knock him out?

even outpointing him will be extremely difficult now that usman polished his striking with trevor witman.

i just see no path of victory for him. Even masvidal had a bigger chance of winning with a miracle punch imo.
but with colbys pillow hands even that is not possible. if we take that freak rib injury tko out

then his last tko finish was in 2016 against max griffin. which didnt showed his knockout power either btw.

so colby fans do you guys actually believe he has a decent chance to win against usman?
wrestling is his best shot. I know usman has a TD 100% but what wrestlers has he faced, really? All the accredited wrestlers he's faced have turned into strikers when they fought.

I actually think if he wrestles him, he can open up shots if usman has to constantly think about the takedown and I think he can make usman tired. Usman's never been tired because he's plodding style. No one has ever really make him work.

I don't see it happening because he has no power in his hands. If it were to happen, I'd go with a decision because he holds him down for the majority of the fight.

His only chance is volume, even still I don't see him being able to handle Usman's power and improved striking. Colby had better been improving his ass off while sitting on the sidelines if he hopes to have any chance.

Honestly he won’t, but he fought his lil heart out and put up a good attempt last time before he got brutally finished. He was going to lose that decision regardless based on the 5th round.

I expect a more sound beat down from Usman this time, finish within 3 rounds imo.

He has to do a Randy Couture and clinch and attempt take downs the whole fight. Dirty boxing. Nothing from range. Make it a cardio battle. This is his chance. If he sticks to this gamplan its possible though unlikely.

Colby's only realistic shot of beating Usman is breaking Usman's hand with his face.

Seriously, Usman's striking has developed by leaps since Whitman starting training him.

Colby did well in their 1st fight, but the 2nd fight is going to be a 1-sided affair.

If Usman looks how he did in his last fight, I think Colby has a chance. Yes, Usman's striking seems to have improved alot. But in his last two fights, he has also seemed to be getting tired after a couple of rounds, something that was unheard of in the last Colby fight. If he tires against Colby then Colby will have a good chance.

If Usman looks how he did in his last fight, I think Colby has a chance. Yes, Usman's striking seems to have improved alot. But in his last two fights, he has also seemed to be getting tired after a couple of rounds, something that was unheard of in the last Colby fight. If he tires against Colby then Colby will have a good chance.
where did you see usman tired?
because he was sweating a lot?

People seem to forget in their first fight… Colby had Usman hurt with his liver shot.
Usman faked a nut shot to regain his endurance.

Colby CAN win. But usman is the favorite rightfully so.

I think it comes down to how much Colby's striking has improved since their last fight; which is hard to say given activity. He might come out and outclass Usman on the feet.

If that isn't the case though, he definitely needs to go the Couture route of clinching and dirty boxing. I think he could wear Usman down that way.

If he's going to win it's going to be on volume and movement..

He's going to have to set the rythum / pace of the fight, because Usman has the much high calibre weapons..

Colby has the best chance of the lot of em imo..

Back