How interested would you be in BJ Penn Vs Aldo

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If BJ can get past Edgar, which i think he does this time around. And after Aldo dismantles Chad, do you think the UFC would give him a shot after one win at fw?

Depends how BJ looks against Edgar. On paper, if BJ was in shape and looked sharp, I'd love the fight.

Just a question. Would BJ even fight aldo with thier Nuova uno ties?

BJ Penn has zero chance of getting a title shot unless he looked completely spectacular against Edgar. This TUF gig was a gift from Dana based on BJs long history of making him money.

I cant believe anyone thinks BJ is going to be competitive against any top 10(20?) fighters ever again.

If BJ can get past Edgar, which i think he does this time around. And after Aldo dismantles Chad, do you think the UFC would give him a shot after one win at fw?

Edgar is gonna destroy him. Aldo would murder him. Get fucking real. Holy shit.

He will get beat by Edgar, (again!) and I really hope he retires after this. He was one of the greats, but now he just loses to everybody and loses badly.

So, no, not interested in Penn vs Aldo

BJ Penn has zero chance of getting a title shot unless he looked completely spectacular against Edgar. This TUF gig was a gift from Dana based on BJs long history of making him money.

I cant believe anyone thinks BJ is going to be competitive against any top 10(20?) fighters ever again.

^^this

BJ is soooo done. BJ will retire for good after Frankie destroys him. Can't believe people think he is actually still relevant.

Penn hasn't fought at 145 yet and people are already talking about title shots against his team-mate...

I need to see Edgar/Penn III first, but if I had to say now my answer would be "not very." Aldo via anything. I doubt they'll fight anyways since he's training with Aldo...

If this fight happened Aldo's would light up BJs front leg. BJs stance is like a red rag to a bull for Aldo. I'd be surprised if BJ could walk after 2 rounds.

Not interested at all. BJP is not going anywhere near a title shot. He would have almost zero percent chance against Aldo.

Came into this thread expecting it to be from 2009-10

Too skeptical to even think Penn would be competitive in this division. If he gets past Edgar which I doubt very much, Then he will have a good chance. Edgar is a huge obstacle maybe a more difficult fight for Penn than Aldo.

Join date: May 2014. I see you know what you are talking about and have watched all of BJ's fights.

BJ is an absolute killer. The only LW he has lost to might be the best LW in the world in Edgar. Penn still destroys everyone else at LW. Edgar just had the style to beat him.

I'd say mendes has a better shot than people are giving him. But whether he wins or loses, if penn beats edgar, I could see ufc trying to hook up penn vs aldo.

And bj is not done...getting outfootworked by edgar and manhandled by top ten welterweights doesn't mean much, he's an animal. How do you think aldo would fare against rory mac or nick diaz? Or even fitch?

About as excited to watch another Edgar fight...Which is 0.0% interested...I've always thought BJ was a tad overrated to be honest

~Jack Sears

Back