How in the hell did Guillard get 42K?

I agree.
40K for a guy who's been in the UFC since 6-7 years , and it is an exciting fighter , without sponsors these guys cant covers their expenses.

He should get minimum double.

you can't like off of 120K a year? --that's if you lose every fight you are in too.

If he wins any of those / gets any bonuses / any sponsorship money / any appearances / any seminars / anything else

I bet Guillard makes around a million a year.

:eek:

you can't like off of 120K a year? --that's if you lose every fight you are in too.

If he wins any of those / gets any bonuses / any sponsorship money / any appearances / any seminars / anything else

I bet Guillard makes around a million a year.

That is only $240k if he won all three fights. You might add sponsorship money and so on, but you also have to take out the typical 15-30% agent/management fees and then whatever his training camp costs which might be a decent amount. A million seems unlikely.

42k is definitely not too much for a guy with about 20 fights in the UFC.

That is only $240k if he won all three fights. You might add sponsorship money and so on, but you also have to take out the typical 15-30% agent/management fees and then whatever his training camp costs which might be a decent amount. A million seems unlikely.

42k is definitely not too much for a guy with about 20 fights in the UFC.

even if it's 500K...that's more than some NFL players make.

Yeah but those NFL players will play like 4 times all season

Just like fighters fight 2-3 times a year. Both train a long ass time. Melvin deserves the $. He is exciting win or lose.

definitely deserved.....he has always been a great addition to the ufc....these fighters need all they can get....whats he going to do when he retires???

42K? Damn I feel like he got robbed, wtf you talkin bout TS?

Well, it's actually because Melvin Guillard and the Ultimate Fighting Championship agreed on a contract that saw him be paid $42,000 per fight, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship is honoring that contract.

It actually is a difficult concept to grasp, and i can totally understand why youre having difficulty understanding it, but I hope I was able to provide you some insight.

Back