How in the hell did Guillard get 42K?

memoriesofrem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last edited:
Didn't he also get fight money when Varner got sick? Most of the time I get the pay scale but that seems like too much even for UFC's pay system.

Lol. You are the guy who is always complaining about fighter pay and how low it is. Why the hate for Melvin? Is he not a fighter?

melvin is tuf royalty. He wont be cut and he can get away with things alot of other people can't. As far as pay he's been around a long time!!

Damn man, they need to start poisoning guillard opponents or some shit

he's been fighting in the UFC for years, and as a former contender its not that surprising really

also to add - an exciting fighter and with some sick KO/TKO but highly disappointing when he loses too lol.

Eh, maybe I should have been more clear. My issue isn't how much he made compared to how it stacks up against other fighters. He doubled Varner including the win bonus and made more than Boetsch, Belcher and Lauzon.

Eh, maybe I should have been more clear. My issue isn't how much he made compared to how it stacks up against other fighters. He doubled Varner including the win bonus and made more than Boetsch, Belcher and Lauzon.

Varner is on his first contract since fighting in the XFC and XFO. That's why he isn't making much. He probably has one more fight on his current deal, if he wins that/is exciting, I'm sure he gets 40/40+ a fight.

No one you named has been in the UFC as long as he has or had as many fights. Varner just got into the UFC and was 1-1, what do you expect?

Melvin is a fighter people pay to watch.

Two last fight he lost, but both were close fights.
He almost finished Cerrone and then SD.

He has been with the UFC for a long time, the majority of his fights (win or lose) have been very exciting. I was surprised he only made $40k, to be honest.

I will try to type this slowly, for the Brainiacs in here:

That

is

what

was

in

the

contract

he

signed.

Obviously

both

he

and

Zuffa

feel

that

is

what

he's

worth.

He has been with the UFC for a long time, the majority of his fights (win or lose) have been very exciting. I was surprised he only made $40k, to be honest.

I agree.
40K for a guy who's been in the UFC since 6-7 years , and it is an exciting fighter , without sponsors these guys cant covers their expenses.

He should get minimum double.

the only thing i have a problem with is that he makes more then Lauzon before bonuses.

I could never think 42k is to much for someone that has so many fights that people have seen in the UFC.

Back