How in God's name can a noobie beat a purple belt in BJJ? (Punk V Gall)

reminding you that this is the bisping era. stop thinking logically.

I train MMA recreationally..I cant begin to explain to tell you how much respect I have for REAL fighters. I train BJJ as well and the purple belts destroy my life easily. I'm considered to be in great shape in my class, I have great power, my coach says I am very impressive for a noob at BJJ. I have 4 years of boxing experience and let me tell you...the few purple belts easily nuke my life within seconds.

How in God's name will CM punk beat Gall? I just dont see it...am I missing something here? I am not a hater at all..I like CM Punk but this is not a sport you just adopt and conquer in. Brock was a legend at wrestling and thats the best sport to have a base in to do well in the UFC.

EDIT: Thread title meant to say how can a noob beat a purple belt in an MMA fight.
lol - noob? The guy beat the Rock.

/thread

I train MMA recreationally..I cant begin to explain to tell you how much respect I have for REAL fighters. I train BJJ as well and the purple belts destroy my life easily. I'm considered to be in great shape in my class, I have great power, my coach says I am very impressive for a noob at BJJ. I have 4 years of boxing experience and let me tell you...the few purple belts easily nuke my life within seconds.

How in God's name will CM punk beat Gall? I just dont see it...am I missing something here? I am not a hater at all..I like CM Punk but this is not a sport you just adopt and conquer in. Brock was a legend at wrestling and thats the best sport to have a base in to do well in the UFC.
Two problems with this thread.

1. Your underrating Gall's BJJ. He got his brown belt in 2015 (he's not a purple) and his coach (David Adiv) is one of Roylers best students. Gall has competed in a ton of Jiu jitsu tournaments and trains all aspects as well (wrestling, gi, judo, and no-gi). Gall could swap his brown belt with a black and I doubt anyone on the mats would notice (he's not some recreational purple).

2. Punk already had a couple hundred hours of mat time before he join Roufus. For the better part of 2 years he's spend 3-4 hours a day training at a top level gym. It's not far fetched to say he could at least hang with purples (lets be real, at most gyms if you do an hour long class 3x a week you can get a purple in about 4 years). It's pretty easy to close the skill gap when your at a high level gym and putting in the hours he's putting in

ufc85_04_burns_vs_carneiro_.jpg

Ask Kevin Burns

All jokes aside, CM Punk has been training full time at a well respected gym for what seems like a lifetime , he's probably a lot better than we're giving him credit for.

A purple belt becomes a white belt once they get rocked
so what happens to a professional wrestler with no amateur background, who's had 0 actual fights once he gets hit?

At least Gall has been in an actual fight.

Back