How important is self belief for you in achieving your ambitions?

karatekick1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As the title says.

When you examine a lot of popular lyrics and inspirational quotes it appears that self belief is very important to the average person.

Case in point, the karate kid theme tune;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE

From this inspirational quotes website, the first link I clicked on Google you see the famous quote by Theodore Roosevelt:

http://mobile.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_inspirational.html

"Believe you can and your half way there".

Yet in my everyday life I see many examples of people who seemingly think they are better than they actually are. Over confidence breeds laziness.

I would say the main times I've struggled with self belief is when I've been a victim of a corrupt system. Say I go to a job interview and the guy conducting the interview hires his friend who is less qualified - that makes me less likely to try my hardest next time as I think subconsciously the system is corrupt and there's no point bothering.

80%.

Achievement is not beholden to self-belief, but it absolutely helps pave the way. What self-belief does is bolster perseverance and reduce inaction. Higher self-confidence gives you a higher quality of life. I'm not saying Ronda'll ever defeat Cain, but confidence is a terrific boon.

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

The philosophers Fort Minor

It can work in your favour to over-estimate yourself. It can also work against you.

Half of everything is luck.

It depends if that's something you need psychologically. Some people thrive on thinking they are gods, but they don't always deal well with failure when it comes. Others thrive on trying to better themselves, but may never believe they are there so they constantly push forward.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how you get there, it's finding the tools that work for you.

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

The philosophers Fort Minor
Fuff. That shit has me.... crawling in my skin.

12017818.gif

Under the influence of drugs I believe I can achieve anything. This just makes me want more drugs but the important thing is I really do believe I'll get more.

I think believing in yourself and the way you see yourself are two different things

Its the most fundamental factor for success.

Back