Relationship How important is a sense of humor when you choose your partner?

How important is a sense of humor when you choose your partner?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's extremely important for me. Someone who can laugh at your lame jokes is a good sign imo.

MarriageinaBoxBlog-SenseofHumor.png

Being able to enjoy life is important. It doesn't necessarily have to be through humor.

It's pretty much the most important thing, IMO. Or at least right there with being a responsible adult in general.

I have to:
  • Be able to make her laugh
  • Get butterflies when I make her laugh
  • She has to share my somewhat dark sense of humor. If she ends the relationship over a joke like the following then she ain't the one.
  • What kind of pizza did the people in the Twin Towers order on 9/11? Two large planes.
  • Or:
  • Man these Sandy Hook jokes are getting kinda old... Unlike those kids.

Very important. Not extremely though.

My wife and I both have great senses of humor, but there are things we find funny that the other doesn’t. Such is life.

Somewhat important. Better a humorous chick then a dry dull boring 1

Extremely important, because I'm hilarious.

Here's a true story: About 20 years ago I was treeplanting up in Northern Ontario. I was dating a girl I had met there and we were talking.

She said "You know why I like you? Because you're funny!"

I said "Yeah, I'm hilarious."

She said "No.... but you're funny."

<DCrying>

I later decided that it's better to be funny than to be hilarious. Being hilarious must be exhausting!

Nah. Let me make the jokes. As long as they keep it right and keep it tight it's all good to me.

Very important. Life is too short to not laugh once in awhile. Fuck being too serious!

Back