Social How ID politics and inequality is leading to the rise of White Nationalism

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by VivaRevolution, Apr 8, 2019.

1. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Platinum Member

How America's identity politics went from inclusion to division

We are at an unprecedented moment in America.

For the first time in US history, white Americans are faced with the prospect of becoming a minority in their “own country.” While many in our multicultural cities may well celebrate the “browning of America” as a welcome step away from “white supremacy”, it’s safe to say that large numbers of American whites are more anxious about this phenomenon, whether they admit it or not. Tellingly, a 2012 study showed that more than half of white Americans believe that “whites have replaced blacks as the ‘primary victims of discrimination’.”

Meanwhile, the coming demographic shift has done little to allay minority concerns about discrimination. A recent survey found that 43% of black Americans do not believe America will ever make the changes necessary to give blacks equal rights. Most disconcertingly, hate crimes have increased 20% in the wake of the 2016 election.

When groups feel threatened, they retreat into tribalism. When groups feel mistreated and disrespected, they close ranks and become more insular, more defensive, more punitive, more us-versus-them.

In America today, every group feels this way to some extent. Whites and blacks, Latinos and Asians, men and women, Christians, Jews, and Muslims, straight people and gay people, liberals and conservatives – all feel their groups are being attacked, bullied, persecuted, discriminated against.

Of course, one group’s claims to feeling threatened and voiceless are often met by another group’s derision because it discounts their own feelings of persecution – but such is political tribalism.

This – combined with record levels of inequality – is why we now see identity politics on both sides of the political spectrum. And it leaves the United States in a perilous new situation: almost no one is standing up for an America without identity politics, for an American identity that transcends and unites all the country’s many subgroups.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...tity-politics-went-from-inclusion-to-division

I have made this argument before, but not as well as the author here does.

If minorities, and women, are constantly having their identity celebrated, eventually white people were bound to ask, why can't our identity be celebrated.

People can call it racist, and xenophobic all you want, but as long as sub-group identity is celebrated in our media and political system, white indentity will rise. It is a for gone conclusion.

Discuss..........

2. Warlord Palis

Warlord Palis ♔ Free RR

Well... duh? It all comes down to playing identity politics and how hard people want to play them.

If you think this shift is going to last where white people are continuously shit on or dismissed because of 'privilege' (skin color) then this country is going to be in a world of hurt in the future with division.

Ball is in the lefts court. Leftists leaders all want reparations, like, for reals this time if they are made President, then you live with that choice when unprecedented civil unrest occurs.

No comparison to having a wall to stifle ILLEGAL immigration or a Muslim "ban" to block unvetted Muslim countries.

3. Cherry Brigand

Cherry Brigand Imagining defeating animals in hand fighting

Within 25 years whites will have their property seized just like in South Africa.

4. ShadowRun

ShadowRun error Platinum Member

Yea ppl saw this coming

5. vengeful

vengeful Purple Belt

lol how are whites close to being a minority when they still make up like 70% of the country?

japman40, mon, Higus and 1 other person like this.
  6. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Platinum Member

By minority they mean all minorities combined vs white.

That 70% number is bullshit. Anyone who thinks we actually know how many people live in this country, lives in fairy tale land.

7. 58miles

58miles Brown Belt

I was wondering how long it would take before somebody posted this kind of paranoid idiocy.

8. Cherry Brigand

Cherry Brigand Imagining defeating animals in hand fighting

If someone said 25 years ago that men could claim to be women and win all of the female sporting events, I bet you would have said the same thing.

9. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

I'm already a minority in Hawaii. Good thing most all the brown folks are pretty nice.

As for national identity, maybe it's time everyone reviewed the Constitution and we clean up whatever doesn't comport with current realities. Might be time for another round of Amendments.

Timmahhhh and uppercutbus like this.
  10. Fawlty

Fawlty Habañero Tampon

You mean my job with the census bureau was a conspiracy?!

Gandhi, HunterAcosta and BarryDillon like this.
  11. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Silver Belt

There is a current invasion and half the country celebrates it. Civil war must come.

12. uppercutbus

uppercutbus Red Belt

I think some people cooking all this agenda up want a divided country or even civil war. Any form of pushback would be welcome to introduce "see!" and new laws. "Something needs to be done about these CIS white males"!

Wouldn't be surprised if they have early stage in-line with new laws and media narratives. Remember the Jussie Smollet thing with the lynching they desperately wanted to be real.

13. WTF2008

WTF2008 Black Belt

Because they have it so good, they're being convinced to not reproduce and import other races/cultures into a majority white country.

This will of course end well.
    All the other non-white countries do so well.

If you say anything about it, you are a racist.

14. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Lol I'm a minority here too as a white dude. I'd actually recommend it to most of the hillbillies out there for a bit. I find most white supremacist types get their "culture" from youtube.

Also I'm a little curious Cubo, does that mean you would be okay with the 2nd being reviewed as such? And if so would you accept the outcome?

15. WTF2008

WTF2008 Black Belt

The Jussie Smollett thing got some weird lynching bill passed to make Kamala Harris look good.

God I hope she runs. Gonna bring up a lot of shit.

16. NoDak

NoDak God Is An American Platinum Member

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0185389

The United States is undergoing a demographic shift in which White Americans are predicted to comprise less than 50% of the US population by mid-century. The present research examines how exposure to information about this racial shift affects perceptions of the extent to which different racial groups face discrimination.

In four experiments, making the growing national racial diversity salient led White Americans to predict that Whites will face increasing discrimination in the future, compared with control information. Conversely, regardless of experimental condition, Whites estimated that discrimination against various racial minority groups will decline.

Explorations of several psychological mechanisms potentially underlying the effect of the racial shift information on perceived anti-White discrimination suggested a mediating role of concerns about American culture fundamentally changing. Taken together, these findings suggest that reports about the changing national demographics enhance concerns among Whites that they will be the victims of racial discrimination in the future.

Now in absolute decline "for the first time in US history" (some people 'weren't white' at different time periods? But yeah, I guess). Only marginally for now, but that's going to accelerate exponentially. There are too many old fucks, incels and cucks - the rise might be a little limp.

[​IMG]

17. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Red Belt

We've been told that "the majority will be the minority" for over 30 years now. No one thinks it's that big of a deal.

What has changed is that politicians are clearly courting a division in regards to demographics with more gusto than I remember.

We are no longer seen as individual voters, but as demographic voting blocks.

18. Happy Man

Happy Man Brown Belt

I’d believe the numbers we are being told are huge damn lies.

Who would target white people?

Wasn’t it two isrealis who were leaders of the ACLU or some similar group that kept celebrating every time the percentage of whites in America declined? They kept a chart showing their “progress”

Anyone know for sure?

uppercutbus likes this.
  19. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Uphold it or change it. I prefer option A and can live with Option B. Unless there's a choice. I think it's a good time to let states leave if that's what the people want. Let's all be in together because we want to be. Compromise will become more appealing.

Higus likes this.
  20. NoDak

NoDak God Is An American Platinum Member

I doubt it was the ACLU. Anyone who doesn't support it is either a god damn fool or woefully misinformed and better wise up fast.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/aclus-longstanding-commitment-defending-speech-we-hate

The ACLU, the nation’s oldest and largest civil liberties organization, has always had its share of critics. Many condemned us for defending Nazis’ right to march in Skokie in the 1970s. Some, like former Attorney General Ed Meese, labeled us the “criminals’ lobby” for advocating for constitutional rights for those accused of crime.

We earned few friends when we represented Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen suspected of terrorist ties and killed in a drone strike by the Obama administration. After we represented a white supremacist denied a permit by the city of Charlottesville, we were criticized for defending white supremacists.

Such criticism comes with the territory, and does not dissuade us from defending the Bill of Rights, no matter how unpopular our clients may be.

Lol, they caught mad shit for this. Funny thread.

Jackie Blue, Higus, splendica and 4 others like this.