How I see Ferguson vs Khabib

71LlK.gif
love britney haynes

ferguson only way in my opinion to win, is if he survived 4 rounds of mauling, comes the 5th rounds and khabib is gasses so he can make sloppy takedowns and expose his neck, but this theory only works if :
1 - tony survived the mauling, which I doubt
2 - if khabib gass, that is very unlikely but still possible

Also for number 1 to work Ferg must still be fresh after a Khabib mauling which means riding him like a Dagestani mule for 20 minutes. We know Ferg has amazing cardio, but has it been tested vs a draining smothering wrestling style like Khabib? That's a big question. The only 5 round fight he had was against RDA.

TS, another thing that could be tested is how the eagle deals with getting sliced by a 'bow.

TS, another thing that could be tested is how the eagle deals with getting sliced by a 'bow.

Yes I wrote about that. A TKO by doctor stoppage is possible. Khabib has never been cut, so how will he handle bleeding?

I have fight pass, so I just watched this again.

Lee was on top landing some big shots for exactly 30 seconds, yes Ferg got out from under the mount with 3 seconds left on the round while Lee was still pounding on him. Lee also landed some after the bell.

Joe Rogan describes it as Lee "Dropping bombs". Look let's try to be objective here.

They landed on Tony's chest and arms. I have fight pass too, and have rewatched that round probably 5 times. Lee did no damage, none. (Unless you are counting shots to the chest as damage in which case yeah he hit him with a few good shots.)

Rewatch on slow mo and see how no clean hard shots ever land on Tony's face. Which is why Tony showed zero damage.

I can absolutely be objective even though I'm obviously a fan of Tony. I argued with other Tony fans here after the Lando fight about how hurt he was. They claimed he wasn't hurt, I said BS he was clearly rocked for a couple seconds before he recovered.

As i wrote previously, Castillo fight is 5 yo.

Lee is more explosive and has better double than Khabib.
Khabib has better cardio and overall grappling.

I see Khabib taking rnd 1-3 by takedowns and control, but Tony keeps very active,
scrambles, slices him with elbows, fuks up in stand up.

Rnd 4-5 Tony yakes over with pressure and tempo and TKOs Khabib late in rnd 5.

I think that Khabib has to be smart and not try to "smesh" Tony on the ground and gas himself out.

Tony cardio is legendary and the dude has a huge offensive arsenal. You can't take rounds off against him and come out unscratched.

If Khabib goes full GSP with a gameplan to win but not to impress is 50-45 all day. But if he does not he will be in danger every second he is not imposing his advantages.

Only 2 of his past 12 opponents lasted less than 3 rounds, and only 4 of Tony's last 12 opponents haven't been finished in less than 3 rounds. Good luck with all kinds of shit coming at his face for 5 rounds.

Back