How I see Aldo/Mcgregor going

Conors a southpaw and will Shut down aldos kicking game with his stance and have him backpedalling all fight he will throw constant kicks,high kickk,teeps to the knee and body and spinning back kicks.

I agree aldos gameplan will involve takdowns and top control but,conor has a tore mcl and didnt train wrestling for months and went up against the best wrestler in his divison.Stopped several takedowns and got up from every takedown.

You think a high level muay thai guy can't switch stance to attack the lead leg. Thats without attacking the lead from the inside.

Cool.

Last edited:
Aldo's been fighting southpaws, this is not the first time he fights a southpaw.

When he fought Brookins, he lit that lead leg up.

He can, just easier to hurt your foot and easier for your opponent to check. If you have fought or sparred against an opposite stance you'd know that.

Absolute nonsense, unless your not concealing your kicks behind your movement well enough, and you aren't being taught how to kick properly. Being southpaw leaves him open on the right side a lot more, and considering mcgregor likes to control the hand with his jab hand, it will leave him open a LOT more to the counter inside leg kick, and the right body kick.

Conors gonna be working hard on leg checks

Conor by Anderson Slivaesque legbreak

I think it's a bad match up for Aldo. It will still be a competitive fight for a round or two, but Aldo will fade when the power shots land, just like everyone does against McGregor. They're both very technically strong fighters. But Mcgregors power is by far the biggest factor here. If Aldo fights smart and goes for take downs, he has a very good shot. But standing out there and swinging (which we all know he'll do) is suicide.

I think it's a bad match up for Aldo. It will still be a competitive fight for a round or two, but Aldo will fade when the power shots land, just like everyone does against McGregor. They're both very technically strong fighters. But Mcgregors power is by far the biggest factor here. If Aldo fights smart and goes for take downs, he has a very good shot. But standing out there and swinging (which we all know he'll do) is suicide.

Aldo is far quicker and more dynamic than Conor.
He is far from a stationary target, I believe that Aldo's speed is the biggest factor here not the power of Conor.

But we simply have differing opinions.
I believe Aldo to be the favorite and I am certainly hoping that Aldo gets the W, however this a fight where either guy can take it.

No way in hell Aldo fades before Conor does.

Aldo has had problems with cuts in the past but has looked good in his past five.

Conor meanwhile has had terrible cuts in his last two fights and has shown signs of it some of them.

Also, no idea why everyone thinks that Aldo won't take this to the ground. He has said multiple times that he will do whatever it takes to win and obviously, grappling with Conor is the path of least resistance.

What's more, Aldo saying that the Mendes/Conor fight was 'good' for him, according to Pederneiras, seems to indicate that the weakness Conor showed in defending TDs and fighting off his back is something that piqued their interest.

Aldo is far quicker and more dynamic than Conor.
He is far from a stationary target, I believe that Aldo's speed is the biggest factor here not the power of Conor.

But we simply have differing opinions.
I believe Aldo to be the favorite and I am certainly hoping that Aldo gets the W, however this a fight where either guy can take it.

Like Roger said about boxing fans, its even more true for MMA fans, "you dont know shit about fighting."

There is no other way to put it. Go read my breakdowns on the last page and educate yourself: )

Conor is the FAR MORE dynamic, versatile, unpredictable striker...from Conor's lead hand game to his kicking game to his counter game to his leads - Conor does it all at a high level effortlessly while mixing it up like no one else; to the body, to the head, left straight off lead hand probes, left straight off the jab, left straight leads, spinning back kicks, deep teeps, tempo and speed changes etc. Opponents never know whats coming, when its coming and how its coming with Conor. Conor is one of the hardest fighters to read or time ever in MMA.

Aldo is not going to know how to react. He is going to have trouble ever knowing whats coming, when its coming and how its coming. Aldo will be rendered frozen and mentally defeated/lost like everyone else was against Conor. Like Mendes was. Like Poirier was. Like Holloway was. It will be no different.

Conor dictates, his opponents react to him. Conor makes his read and gets off first and avoids

Conor is the epitomy of "hit and dont get hit"

Aldo IS the complete opposite. Im now convinced you Aldo fanboys have not watched many of his fights. Aldo IS very stationary from his waist down (compare that to Conor's movement)

Also, Aldo always goes one speed and falls into a predictable pattern of "I explode, then you explode"

Thats WHY Aldo and Mendes had such a war against each other. Because both are one speed explosive fighters who fight in that same pattern. They were made for each other...YET you saw what happened when Mendes with his speed/explosiveness went up against Conor's control/timing/IQ/skill etc. It was scary the way Conor out classed Mendes. Conor wasnt having any of it. Conor would disrupt, dictate, react first then avoid or stiffle.

Conor doesnt play the Aldo and Mendes game of "I explode then you explode"

You are in for a rude awakening.

In fact, Aldo has been his least impressive against strikers..and Conor is the best striker. ..Not only is Conor a bad match up for Aldo, Conor is way more skilled, unpredictable, intelligent, versatile PLUS longer PLUS younger PLUS southpaw

Those who understand fighting can see the writing on the wall from a mile away!

You sound just like the Anderson fanboys who were adamant that Weidman wasn't on Anderson's level and that Anderson was going to run through him

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense, unless your not concealing your kicks behind your movement well enough, and you aren't being taught how to kick properly. Being southpaw leaves him open on the right side a lot more, and considering mcgregor likes to control the hand with his jab hand, it will leave him open a LOT more to the counter inside leg kick, and the right body kick.

Guess you didn't see the fight where Aldo fractured his foot on one of his first leg kicks against the Korean Zombie? Its well known that its trickier for orthodox fighters to leg kick southpaws. Its also easier to get injured. Aldo has fought southpaws in the past and didn't use his leg kicks as much. Leg kicks are one of his most dangerous weapons. Not seeing how this might favour Conor makes you sound ridiculous.

Guess you didn't see the fight where Aldo fractured his foot on one of his first leg kicks against the Korean Zombie? Its well known that its trickier for orthodox fighters to leg kick southpaws. Its also easier to get injured. Aldo has fought southpaws in the past and didn't use his leg kicks as much. Leg kicks are one of his most dangerous weapons. Not seeing how this might favour Conor makes you sound ridiculous.

KZ is not a southpaw tho. When he fought Brookins (southpaw) he used legkicks. When he fought Florian (southpaw) he used legkicks.

Always with succes. Conor is not gonna be any different.

Please stop sputtering nonsense. KZ isnt southpaw, and because a fighter decides not to low kick means he is afraid of hurting his foot? That is just stupid logic. Explain to me how its easier to hurt your foot on the inside leg kick with proper technique, so I can shoot you down

I see how this favours Mcgregor, I also see how it favours Aldo, I'm questioning the "you wouldn't understand unless you've sparred brah" logic.

Chad had a guillotine almost in

chad didn't even have his arm fully under when he went for it, nor did he have any other control of conor's body during the attempt either, so he left about an acre of space.

''almost in''

yeah okay shit for brains.

Reasonable post. One of the most important things in this fight I feel is that Conor is probably the best at cage cutting and pressuring opponents to the fence. Aldo also likes to be on the front foot but he's been comfortable sometimes to stay back and counter. Conor hasn't been a predominantly counter fighter since Brimage. He charges forward with no regard for his opponents because of his chin. That could either be very stupid in this fight or help to make Aldo get very anxious. Everyone can see how badly Aldo wants to beat Conor up, emotions could come into play if he finds himself with his back to the fence for a little too long because when Conor has his opponents there, his combinations are outstanding. His shot selection and accuracy is really good.

I'm just really interested to see how Aldo will react because everyone knows Conor will sprint towards him as soon as the fight starts and start attacking the body straight away as he usually does. I want to see if Aldo will press forward to meet him, or decide to counter back on the fence.

This will be one of the best fights of all time. I pray for a 5 round war.

Can't believe people are still saying you can't leg kick a south paw. We've seen a couple of fights just this year that ended via leg kicking a south paw.

Can't believe people are still saying you can't leg kick a south paw. We've seen a couple of fights just this year that ended via leg kicking a south paw.

They probably think if they say it enough times it becomes truth

It amazes me how much confidence people have in McGregor vs the man who owns everything at 145. Conor has never seen anything like Jose Aldo. Aldo' s kicks and speed will break Conor down. Aldo finishes this inside 3 rounds via TKO.

Lol@Boxingislife getting ignored.

That's what happens when you ruin your credibility with made up shit!

Lol@Boxingislife getting ignored.

That's what happens when you ruin your credibility with made up shit!

Im impressed that most people refuse to even reply to him. He lost all cred with me in his last aldo vs mcgregor breakdown thread.. dude brushed off fightmetric stats while saying his opinion was objective....

I was very impressed with sherdog in that thread as well... virtually noone backed him up in that thread, considering this site is very pro mcgregor...

That thread consisted of 75% of people talking smack for his ignorance, 24% was conorislife replying to as many people as he can.. and 1% was a white belt named jimmy james(or something like that) agreeing with boxing....

the funny thing is that white belt only had like 18 posts. and all the posts were in two threads made by boxing is life lol..

anyways, kudos sherdog...

Im impressed that most people refuse to even reply to him. He lost all cred with me in his last aldo vs mcgregor breakdown thread.. dude brushed off fightmetric stats while saying his opinion was objective....

I was very impressed with sherdog in that thread as well... virtually noone backed him up in that thread, considering this site is very pro mcgregor...

That thread consisted of 75% of people talking smack for his ignorance, 24% was conorislife replying to as many people as he can.. and 1% was a white belt named jimmy james(or something like that) agreeing with boxing....

the funny thing is that white belt only had like 18 posts. and all the posts were in two threads made by boxing is life lol..

anyways, kudos sherdog...

Surprising right? The kid is so delusional that Sherdog itself is ashamed.

he's probably making a new analysis now, to shut us all up :icon_lol:

Back