How I see Aldo/Mcgregor going

Yep, it's because when you walk forward you get caught too .
mcgregor-knockout.gif

For someone to beat him they need to keep it a smart fight, but still be aggressive to keep him back.

We haven't seen Conor move like that or even pull off that kinda fight since his knee injury. So I doubt he falls back on that against Aldo. Since everyone is saying Aldo won't take him down,
It's safe to say McGregor won't use a counter punching game plan.

Solid. I'm guessing Aldo TKO rnd 4...but all it is is a guess.

I don't think Aldo has such an amazing wrestling degree that he could enforce a take down on McG. I do think that Aldo will rely more on getting injure before the fight so he can win the shit-talking game, but honestly no I don't think they'll ever fight in the first place.

Aldo will pull out again, Edgar will jump in, Dana will strip Aldo, Aldo will cry like a typical Brazilian and get banned for being an ass and doing something really psychotic like not giving up his belt or spitting at Dana, and Edgar/McG will be for the belt.

its kind of sad, that this isn't out of the realm of possibility....

its kind of sad, that this isn't out of the realm of possibility....

No really it isn't. the fight will go on, if you believe this shit you're delusional as fuck.

There is more reason for why this will happen than not.

Stop being fickle child.

Striking defence: Aldo. Aldo get's tagged up a bit in his fights, but his superior head movement speed will help him avoid getting blasted like Chad did. Conor has gotten hit with big shots in most of his fights but his chin is granite and he fights long to avoid getting hit (Good example in the Brimage fight)
aldoheadmovement00.gif

Based on their fight against Aldo, Conor has superior defense.

As an aldo fan, this is one solid breakdown. You obviously arent going to please them all tho..

I have aldo winning by decision or submission... aldo is the most diverse fighter in mma today.. he can take conor down and work him on the ground, or keep it standing and hold his own..people just seem to exaggerate conors stand up while talking down aldos.. people say that it will be hard for aldo to get his lowkick going.. i completely disagree; if conor tries to plant his lead foot, aldo will start eating up that lead leg...

also, just how conor has that left cross over aldo. Jose has the right cross over conor.. conventional wisdom is that when a southpaw is paired up with an orthadox, the southpaw is susceptible to the right while the righty is suscceptible to the left...

I must admit that conor has a realistic chance at winning with his left, he has great power and solid timing... that being said, aldo has an impeccable jab, and a solid 1 2. Dropped hominick multiples times with it... also dropped chad with the 1 2 at the end of the first round..

Aldo is also a high level bjj blackbelt.. has submitted high level bjj in pure jiu jitsu compeition.. people argue when was the last time aldo subbed someone?
he hasnt subbed someone in years simply because he doesnt go there much. When he does tho, you see the brilliance... he mounted both lamas and mendes... if that isnt eyecatching, idk what is...

I could see aldo taking mcgregor down because conor showed massive holes in his fight vs mendes... im sure aldo is smart enough to capitalize on that, or at least mix it up..

All in all, i could truly see aldo winning anywhere the fight takes place... ground, standing, everywhere... conors avenue to victory is that vicious left hand... he could also mix in some solid body kicks...

Like i said, i have aldo by sub or dec... actually looking into putting money on aldo.... if anyone disagrees, i welcome your thoughts and a debate... i simply wont respond to bashers and shit talkers tho...

I agree with everything you are saying. I am probably going to make a play on Aldo myself.

Can't wait.

Last edited:
Let me just say that this is my opinion, I like both guys but don't favor one or the other so I looked at this as non bias as possible. There are more Aldo gifs than Mcgregors because I have a hard time finding gifs of his that relate to what im saying

Striking
Power: Conor Mcgregor. Conor gets this, he's been dropping people and has crazy power in his left. The way he's hurt Mendes, and Poirier really shows how dangerous his combinations are. It's been a while since Aldo's really dropped someone and hurt them, (his fight with Mendes he dropped him) but Chad easily recovered. If Conor finds his range I think he will hurt Aldo very bad a try to look for a finish
tumblr_nrcyjpgkWB1rofocqo1_500.gif

Speed: Easily goes to Aldo, Aldo is easily the most explosive striker in the UFC. Never telegraphs his punches and they always come out fast and unexpected, he's a counter striker so usually when guys come in the pocket, they get blasted with fast combo's that have them tentative later on.
aldo%2Bkd.gif

Chin/Recovery: This one goes to no one, both guys seem to maintain their composure when hit with big shots and never seem to get rocked. Aldo's been dropped only by Chad Mendes but managed to get up unfazed and was hit by a huge upper cut that didn't take him off his feet. Chad also blasted Conor a few times on the feet, and Mcgregor also looked like he was fine.
ThoughtfulImpracticalJay.gif

Striking defence: Aldo. Aldo get's tagged up a bit in his fights, but his superior head movement speed will help him avoid getting blasted like Chad did. Conor has gotten hit with big shots in most of his fights but his chin is granite and he fights long to avoid getting hit (Good example in the Brimage fight)
aldoheadmovement00.gif

Prediction: I think whoever can impose their style best will win the striking exchanges, Conor's stance concerns me against someone like Aldo, his leg has been kicked out a few times by Siver and Dustin, both guys who kick nothing like Aldo. Aldo should try to take Conor's leg out to slow him down and take a bit of power off his punches. Conor will catch Aldo with some huge shots imo, and it's all about if he can recover. If Aldo uses his leg kicks and doesn't stand in front of Conor, he could win a UD.

Grapplng
Wrestling: Aldo. I doubt this fight goes to the ground at all, but if it does I think Aldo could take Conor down. As a wrestler myself, Conor's hips are good, but Aldo's are just crazy. Conor's wrestling is severely lacking to his striking in my opinion, he was taken down once by Siver...who wasn't much of a wrestler and toyed around by Chad before Conor lit him up on the feet. Conor's offensive wrestling is never seen, and if Chad has problems taking Aldo down and even holding him there. I don't think Conor will ever think about taking him down. If it goes to the ground, Conor will be on his back

Submissions: Aldo. Aldo is a BJJ black belt and when Conor was on his back against Chad, it didn't look like he was comfortable there, he was trying to get stood up, didn't go for submissions and much prefers to strike. Smart thing for Aldo to take him down and batter him there, maybe threaten him with subs.

Prediction: While Aldo has gotten more nods in the criteria, it doesn't really say much about how the fight is going to go, Conor's got the most technical striking in the division, and Aldo never goes to the ground.Both guys don't crumble under pressure and keep moving forward, Conor really shut a lot of people up when he was wrestle f--cked by Chad, but got back up and took him out. Both guys have heart and a solid chins. Conor's lead leg imo will get battered, and I think Conor will capitalize on Aldo in the later rounds when his gas tank fades. If Aldo utilizes leg kicks, takedowns, top control, and comes in with a good gas tank I easily see him winning a Unanimous Decision. If he comes in angry and tries to stand in front of Conor...we'll have a new FW Champ. I think Aldo's smarter than that so i'll call it, Jose Aldo def Conor Mcgregor via Unan Dec.

Give me your thoughts guys!

Sure hope it goes better then JJ vs DC

McGregor has the power to finish Aldo, but I think Aldo survives on the feet and manages to gain top control, which eventually leads to a finish.

Im sorry but this was one of the worst, most shallow breakdowns I have ever read. Its fitting you posted it on sherdog. The majority of uneducated fans post on sherdog. They will lap it up and "agree."

(Also because you gave Aldo the extreme benefit in most cases, and they cant accept the cold hard truth that Conor is superior and that thats simply what the footage and REAL analysis shows. Youre only telling them want they want to hear. It comforts them)

You posted a gif of Aldo making Harmonick miss. Nothing special. BTW, I can post gifs of Harmonick TAGGING Aldo plenty. Youre a chery picker. But here is what is disgraceful. What do you compare that gif of Aldo to -from Conor's end, to come to the "conclusion" that Aldo has "better defense?" NOTHING. What a complete joke. The newbs will call this a fair breakdown, but not the real analysts like me.

Your only "proof" of Aldo having better defense then Conor is your "words" that "Conor gets tagged a lot, but oh...his chin saves him." That same old hater BS.

Yeah, "Conor gets tagged a lot," yet you couldnt show any examples and prove it. Conor getting "tagged a lot" is one of the biggest myths in combat sports, along with GGG having bad defense, even though GGG has some of the best defense in boxing.

(BTW, even in the gif you posted of Aldo making Harmonick miss, Aldo's movement looked very stiff and akward - like erratic. Conor is so much smoother, more fluid and natural - in not just his defense but his offence)

Conor has far superior defense to Aldo. Conor's defensive skill set is far more complete and nuanced. Conor parries, rolls, shoulder rolls, slips, utilises head control and arm control, utilises range control with hop steps and side steps to make miss, hits angles taking his head off the center line etc

Anyone who truly knows what they are watching can see that Conor's defensive skill set is far far superior to Aldos.

If anything Aldo relies on nothing but speed/reflexes to evade, and we all saw how that turned out for Anderson. Aldo isnt as smooth in his head movement either. Conor is far more defensively responsible with a far superior complete defensive skill set. If anything, when talking defense. Aldo (and Anderson to a greater extent) were like Roy Jones. Roy could make people miss with speed, BUT he also had a knack for getting tagged often and clean by fundamentally sound punchers. Conor is more like Floyd in that opponents get off on Conor and Floyd, and yet still cant ever really fully penetrate Conor and Floyd - because of their awareness, defensively responsibility, defensive skills and mentally sharp reactions etc.

Unlike you, im going to legit breakdown a legit example with real meaning to offer a NO PC, truthful breakdown

3%2Buppercut.gif

-Mendes fients.Aldo gets drawn out to jab.Mendes slips low.Aldo drops hands thinking to defend a double.Mendes slaughters him with an uppercut follow up.Aldo's hands were down and he was leaning into it.
Takeaways: poor defensive responsibility. The wrong over reactions. Poor IQ as the same set up landed SEVERAL times on Aldo.
SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Here Mendes uses the same set up against Conor. In fact Mendes sells the fake even better against Conor (but Conor is simply on another level)

-Conor subtley brings hips back and shoots a counter left down as Mendes fakes the level change. Already Conor's reads and reactions are far superior

-Conor pre-emptively ducks to his right knowing Mendes would return. Conor slips out of range from the follow up uppercut. Conor's awareness and defense are far superior to Aldos

-Conor uses a stiff arm on Mendes bicep as hes exiting to deflect Mendes chasing right widely off course

-Conor stops, plants his feet, DUCKS to his left to duck Mendes left hook, and then Conor comes up with a HARD counter to the body

Fucking flawless from Conor. Simply BEAUTIFUL.There is NO ONE IN MMA on Conor's level in striking skill, IQ, reactions, defense, movement, reads, countering etc
Takeaways: Conor wasnt paralyzed in his feet like Aldo seemed to be. Conor realised he could move his head unlike Aldo. This is a direct correlation of how each reacted to the same set up and Conor's IQ, reactions, movement, defense, head movement, countering, skills WERE FAR SUPERIOR to Aldos
Conor's skills are on another level plain and simple. The footage doesnt lie.

It doesnt stop there. We can also talk about Aldo's same predictable patterns and over reactions to fients vs Conor's unpredictable patterns, lead hand game/probes/fients/set ups....

Or Aldo's basic movement vs Conor's angles, feet positioning, hop steps, lead foot step ins and step outs/distance deception methods to create more countering oppurtunitues

Again, Conor is far superior to Aldo in every respect of striking skill, defense, offence, IQ etc...and on top of that Conor is a bad match up for Aldo. I.e Aldo's tendencies to ocer eact to fients or over commit plays right into Conor's lead hand game which he uses to occupy, control, set up and or draw off balance etc.

Leave the real breakdowns to pros like Jackslack and I.

Youre the average sherdogger who just posts gifs and knows nothing else. Thanks

Aldo in all his fights has shown bad tendencies to over-react to fients, over-commit (or under commit) and get countered. Even against Harmonick shown here (Harmonick tagged Aldo a ton)

JA_7_medium.png

Meanwhile compared to anyone else Aldo has ever fought,

We have the sophisticated of Conor's lead hand game, who specializes in drawing opponents off balance, and who better utilises fients, plus more sophistocated lead hand tactics like probes, to draw out and counter, like here:

Buchinger_medium.gif

Conor probes with his lead hand. The best result being to draw out a response. Buchinger responds. Conor anticipates, slips and counters. One of the most flawless pull away counters you will ever see in MMA

Or to distract and land, like here:
CreamyConsciousJenny.gif

1. Conor probes lead hand. Gif starts as both are tangled up jocking for lead hand dominance. Both pull away. Conor uses the distraction to sneak the jab. Jab opens up the left straight. Nice work. It stumbles Mendes.

2. Conor probes again. Mendes reacts. Conor having felt it out knows something is coming. Conor uses his right arm to push and disrupt Mendes while leaning away from the right. The right misses or barely hits Conor's left elbow. But pay attention to how Conor simultaneously had shot a left counter as he used his right arm to control and stiffle. Brilliant. Hard to see if it lands clean but the left certainly causes Mendes to stumble off balance deadening any presuit. Just beautiful awareness and defensive responsibility by Conor. Conor transitions from offence to defense to offence like no one else in MMA also

Here is another example of: distracting with a probe to land by Conor:
giphy.gif

This time in this example, Conor gives a different look off his lead hand probe distraction. Holloway bites. Conor shoulder fients the left, but comes with an up-rising jab instead followed by the left. Conor is as hard as it gets to read or time, because hes always switching it up; even giving different looks off the same set ups etc

Heres another example showcasing Aldo's flaw, plus how in a direct apples to apples comparison - how Conor showcased far greater skill, IQ, defense, and countering

3%2Buppercut.gif

-Aldo bites on Mendes fient and commits hard to a jab with poor defensive responsibility

-Mendes slips it.*

-Mendes slips low. Aldo drops his hands prepared to defend a double

-Aldo gets blasted with his hands down and head leaning in as clean as possible by Mendes follow up uppercut.*

(You will never see Conor get blasted like that with his hands down or head leaning in)

Mendes actually landed THE same set up REPEATEDLY ON ALDO. Even landing the fake shoot to uppercut set up twice in a row on Aldo at one point. Aldo has poor fight IQ

On the other hand here is what happened when the same fighter Mendes tried the same set up against Conor
SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Pay attention to how Conor subtly brings his hips back to pre-emptively avoid any grabbing of his legs, then shoots the left counter down as Mendes attempts the level change fake. Brilliant*

(How Conor pre-empetively brings his hips back and shots the left spells good news against Edgar's thigh tap takedown set ups)

- After shooting the left, Conor pre-emptively ducks to his right knowing Mendes was likely going to return with a right hand anything. Conor entirely slips Mendes follow up uppercut

-As Conor ducks the follow up uppercut, and is exiting, Conor places a stiff right arm on the inside of Mendes bicep to parry/deflect his chasing right hand widely off course

- Conor quickly stops to regain his feet and with his feet planted he leans low to his left and DUCKS the LEFT from Mendes.*

- After ducking the left, as Conor is coming up he counters with a HARD BODY SHOT

I mean, are you kidding me? That was fucking flawless from Conor. Conor is on a whole other level intellectually defensively and skill wise (to not just Aldo but EVERYONE else in MMA)

Sure anything can happen in MMA. Upsets can happen. But If you actually know what youre watching, its clear as crystal that Conor is the MUCH MORE advanced, technically skilled, more intelligent, far SUPERIOR striker in defense, offence, counters, leads, IQ. The evidence doesnt lie. Aldo NEEDS to grapple.*

Conor's skills, IQ, defense, movement, control, set ups are on another level

Aldo's weaknesses; over reactions/over commitments play right into Conor strengths; fients+lead hand probe game to draw out and counter, distract and land or dictate

Most Aldo fans havent even watched his fights. Aldo is reactive. With Aldo its: "I go, then you go, I react to you, then you react to me." Conor doesnt go into any set patterns like that/like Aldo does. Conor dictates. Switches up speeds, looks, and tactics. Gets off first then avoids. Counters and exits or uses arm control/head control to stiffle after landing and prevent anything else. Conor does so many more advanced things then Aldo. Thats the reality and what the footage shows. Conor 100% has all the skills to massacre Aldo and make it look easy

IF Aldo wants to stand a chance, there is something he can do.

Based on the footage, we saw Siver time a kick as Conor spun and was on one leg.

If Aldo wants to have success with leg kicks he has to time them exquisitely as Connor is on one leg or spinning

IF Aldo comes with his usual kicks or punch kick combos, Conor is going to be hard checking the kicks or steping in and countering. Conor also wont be there at the end of Aldo's combos standing still to eat a kick. Conor will be gone. If you watch Conor's fights hes always dictating with lead hand probes, he makes his read, then either disrupts or is gone. Aldo will be open for counters mid combos etc

You see im always objective. Im telling you what Aldo can do on the feet, but reality is reality and I only speak on what the footage shows. Conor is the far superor striker. Aldo has looked his least impressive against other strikers (Aldo fans havent even watched most of Aldo's fights) and Conor is the best striker in the game.

His name is 120Wrestling and yet hes trying to break down the striking

Its clear he knows nothing about striking.

To even use speed as a main factor is a clear indicator of newbism. Anyone legit in boxing will tell you, timing>>>>>>speed. Conor's timing/skill/fast reactions>>>>>>>>>>Aldo's speed.

Regardless Conor himself is very fast too. Aldo 100% doesnt have a big "speed edge," but Conor does have a big edge in timing and IQ while having comparable speed.

Conor mixes up his tempo to be even more unpredictable, but when he wants to lead he can lead faster then anyone.

The fact you didnt know that or take that into account (that would be an unpredictability advantage for Conor too) proves how clueless you really are. Your thread is literally awful. Like I said, leave the real breakdowns to pros like me.

As for this imposter also saying "Conor gets tagged a lot"

Here is an excellent post from one of my buddies I've had bookmarked.

Was Chad landing clean and hard in all of these? You have to watch Conor's defense in slow motion or else you'll be misled into believing shots landed that simply didn't or didn't land cleanly at all. Here are most of Chad's "best" moments on the feet in their fight.

Chad lands clean and hard as Conor is scrambling back to an upright position with his back against the fence. Chad's follow up punch is caught in mid air and parried away. Rogan and fans think it lands because it looked like it may have due to Chad's hand speed. Rogan goes bananas of course.

Chad misses his overhand right, which lands on Conor's shoulder, and Conor actually clips Chad in the head around his temple as he's on his back foot countering.

Chad missing some more after Conor staggers him first. Note Conor looking for that same counter left from over the top again.

Here is Chad missing literally everything and Conor clearly avoiding it. This same feinted takedown attempt to uppercut setup caught Aldo repeatedly and had him hurt.

Chad lands hard here but not cleanly, it doesn't hit Conor's chin at all but instead the side of the neck (collar bone area) and the second punch to follow it up actually misses completely as Conor retreats just out of its range.

Porous striking defense? More like high level defense through the use of range control, footwork, framing out with arm and head control, slips, parries and dips. Conor also rolls with punches very well too. His understanding of distance and timing far exceeds Aldo's and Mendes'.

Now hereis an old post of mine that I feel is also appropiate here. A little harsh but the truth. Its tiring how people downplay Conor's slick skills and slick defense. The whole Conor gets tagged a lot talking point has become one of the biggest myths in combat sports history

Conor didnt "walk" through any of Mendes punches. Conor AVOIDED, delfected, parried, shoulder rolled, or rolled most of them.

Mendes did NOT land more then 2 clean shots on the feet against Conor across 2 rounds period (Mendes actually tagged Aldo more in 1 minute of 1 round)

"Mendes tagging Conor a lot" has turned into one of the biggest ugliest myths in MMA.

Conor has great under rated subtle D and takes great pride in it.

As mentioned Mendes ACTUALLY DID TAG ALDO AT WILL though

The double standards are insane

Mendes MANGLES Aldo's face = "what a warrior"

Yet some how Conor out classing Mendes while blocking or avoiding the vast majority of shots Mendes threw = "Ate shots. Relied on chin"

Its laughable. Its also sad to see that so many people are truly delusional or just have no idea what they are watching. That also segways perfectly into this post from the poster below

It's over for Mcgregor.

Look out on Ebay for a job lot of badly fitting suits as Mcgregor is forced to move to a higher weight class.

We haven't seen Conor move like that or even pull off that kinda fight since his knee injury. So I doubt he falls back on that against Aldo. Since everyone is saying Aldo won't take him down,
It's safe to say McGregor won't use a counter punching game plan.

WE haven't seen that because ever since that fight he's always been on the front foot. He showed some brilliant movement and angles against Brandao when he bull-rushed in.

Look at the GIF, when Brandao is pushing forward Conor is light on his feet and bounces in and out of range, then lands a well timed counter left.
AngryPossibleEkaltadeta.gif

boxinglife is actually Conor
get of sherdog Conor, go train for the fight of you're life

If aldo comes with a TD mixed with his striking anything can happen

Back