How I pulled 700

Awesome read man. I was so happy when I pulled 4 plates earlier this week. Can't wait to hit the next milestone!

I love how much you explain things with terms like "do it," "handle it," "take it."

I'm going to go to the gym and start screaming at people while they're lifting to "handle it." Awesome.

I love how much you explain things with terms like "do it," "handle it," "take it."

I'm going to go to the gym and start screaming at people while they're lifting to "handle it." Awesome.

LOL!

"Handle it!" - The manly version of the metro "One more!" or "It's all you!".

Awesome thread, Carnal. I notice you mention your body weight a lot... can I ask what you're weighing these days? It doesn't matter really, just curious.

Simple exhortations FTW. A good read.

Oh yeah, I rest like a motherfucker dude. .

That's something I noticed too. When I was looking at the posted times for my last two deadlift PRs, the easy one was about 3:50, the one that was a real struggle was about 3:20 or so. Start time was the same (2:00-2:10). So ya that extra 30 mins of rest total between sets helped a lot I think.

I really do yell shit like that too. "this is yours if you want it baby, so TAKE IT!"

Monger, I am 246. My first meet ever I barely made the 275 class, so it's a trip to be this small.

Monger, I am 246. My first meet ever I barely made the 275 class, so it's a trip to be this small.

That's sweet man, dropping 30lbs and still pulling 700. Awesome stuff. I thought you were around the 300lb mark when I first started posting on Sherdog.

I think its a bigger fluctuation than that, and hes been as heavy as 330 if I remember right.

LOL!

"Handle it!" - The manly version of the metro "One more!" or "It's all you!".

There was 3 guys in the gym today and one of then kept shouting "pump it, pump the weight!" to the others. Whatever gets 'em going I guess.

I'm bigger than Carnal, but weaker on every lift.

*Kills self*

How many consecutive weeks in a row would you suggest trying to up your 1 rep max before taking a week "off" for volume and a cns rest?

Oh, and thanks for the new sig, Carnal!

Thanks for the write up. Always very inspiring!

That's what she said! Errrr... Wait, that's what I told her, yesterday, in bed, having sex, with her... Nevermind.

How many consecutive weeks in a row would you suggest trying to up your 1 rep max before taking a week "off" for volume and a cns rest?

As many weeks as you can still make progress. And unless you're totally, totally fried, you shouldn't stop pulling limit lifts, just switch which ones.

Grats on the milestone pullage, big man.

Meh. 700 at 246 is not even 3xBW.

1181892.jpg

Back