How I met your mother/Big bang

I truly don't enjoy them. I'm not just trying to sound cool.

You can check, I've never made a thread about The Wire. That's the prereq for hating on pop shows to be cool.

It's science.

Fair point. I never liked The Wire.

I hear you. You'll often see people doing the "I don't like it because its popular" thing on the web. Everyone is a contrarian. "Fuck sex and chocolate. That stuff is for the drooling masses!"

And yet, in this case, the shows just suck. I mean, bad. I'd tell you the same thing if you gave me truth serum. Pass a lie detector test with flying goddamn colors.

yeah that is a good point, i'm just a weird guy when it comes to entertainment, for instance i can't listen to rolling stones, Kiss, i personally don't find the bands enjoyable at all, i always get a weird look from people when i say that, usually those same people don't even have a kiss or rolling stones song on then ipods

yeah that is a good point, i'm just a weird guy when it comes to entertainment, for instance i can't listen to rolling stones, Kiss, i personally don't find the bands enjoyable at all, i always get a weird look from people when i say that, usually those same people don't even have a kiss or rolling stones song on then ipods

I never liked KISS, and the only Stones song I like is Sympathy for the Devil(although I preferred Guns n' Roses cover).

that's fair enough man, you said you've seen a couple eps and you didn't enjoy them which makes sense, but i'v had weird convo's with friends who hate shows/people which are popular to hate such as Dane cook and BBT, yet when i asked them for which episode they watched they couldn't name it, i myself don't really watch BBT it's one of those if nothing else is on shows, but HIMYM is a really good show, Barney is one of the best played Characters in the last ten years when it comes to comedy sitcoms

I don't think Dane Cook is fine art but his first album or two made me laugh. I have no problem admitting that. He became too self-aware at a certain point, not sure if that is a good way to put it, it felt forced. Then it becomes cool to hate his new stuff and no one will admit they liked the old stuff.

I couldn't name the episodes but I could tell you things that happened in them.

The most recent one I saw involved buying a movie prop time machine, one of the guys selling all his nerd gear because he wants to bone the chick across the hall who called them out on not being adults, the other guys fighting over the stuff, him then seeing the chick had a bf who happened to be everything he isn't, then some lessons were learned or something.

I don't think Dane Cook is fine art but his first album or two made me laugh. I have no problem admitting that. He became too self-aware at a certain point, not sure if that is a good way to put it, it felt forced. Then it becomes cool to hate his new stuff and no one will admit they liked the old stuff.

I couldn't name the episodes but I could tell you things that happened in them.

The most recent one I saw involved buying a movie prop time machine, one of the guys selling all his nerd gear because he wants to bone the chick across the hall who called them out on not being adults, the other guys fighting over the stuff, him then seeing the chick had a bf who happened to be everything he isn't, then some lessons were learned or something.

i do feel the same way about dane, after his troubles with his brother and his crazy rise to fame he didn't seem to handle it well on the mental side of things, but i kind of enjoy his over the top forced joke telling style, it's silly and it isn't the way you would tell a joke to your friends but he pulls it of imo,

and i don't think i'v seen that episode of BBT, i liked the show a little more before the Jewish guy got a girlfriend, he was the character on the show that really made me laugh, but now kinda like chandler and Monica becoming a couple it took something away from his comedy

i do feel the same way about dane, after his troubles with his brother and his crazy rise to fame he didn't seem to handle it well on the mental side of things, but i kind of enjoy his over the top forced joke telling style, it's silly and it isn't the way you would tell a joke to your friends but he pulls it of imo,

and i don't think i'v seen that episode of BBT, i liked the show a little more before the Jewish guy got a girlfriend, he was the character on the show that really made me laugh, but now kinda like chandler and Monica becoming a couple it took something away from his comedy

I think Dane Cook's material on shit from when I was a kid was funny and some of the job stuff. His delivery became too much after he realized people liked it, yes they did but it didn't need to go to 11. It's like how Pacino started overacting ten times more after he got even more popular for overacting in Scarface. He kept upping it and upping it. Lately it's just been too much.

I can't believe I just did a semi-comparison of Dane Cook and Al Pacino, I better get out of here before the regulars get wind of it.

I may have made a composite BBT in my head out of the episodes I attempted too watch, so that might be part of the why you wouldn't recognize it.

I can't watch the big bang theory for more than two minutes, because it makes me want to punch the tall guy.

I love Big Bang, Im sure some people on here dont like it but Im equally sure a lot are just e-hating. Its a really funny show, for me its the best of the sitcom style comedy shows in a long time. These shows arent high art they are based on set up the characters, and have some running gags, and I think it works really good. HIMYM on the other hand, I really dont like that show. It seems to me they just tried to play on Doogie Howsers appearance in Harold and Kumar and made him in to this womanizing guy, but I dont think it works at all.

HIMYM is alright though the plot is utterly dreadful. The show has good character development and employs subtle humour as well as over the top comedic elements to bring laughs yet at the same time it is very hit and miss and some of the characters are either just unlikable (Lily) or irrelevant (Zoe).

TBBT is absolutely dreadful. I watch the show on a regular basis with friends and I have yet to laugh once. Initially the plot seemed to focus on the love interest between Leonard and Penny but when the writers realised that wasn't funny or interesting they decided to focus on Sheldon who is a) not funny and b) autistic, and personally I don't find characteristics of mental disorders all that funny. Howard, Raj and Bernadette are the only good things about this The thing is with TBBT is that it tries to be funny and smart when it is neither, it throws in the occasional nerd culture reference and hipsters and fans of garbage like reddit eat it up while people who actually love comics and science fiction hate the show. The jokes also just fall flat plus the actors (particularly Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki in particular) constantly pull faces or look away during scenes where the "audience" *cough*laugh track*cough* are in raucous laughter which irritates me.

Both just seem lazy and relying on buzzwords like "bazzinga" or Sheldon's quirks or in HIMYM's case relying on "Suit Up" and Barney acting ridiculous. The worst thing about them is the laugh tracks, in good comedies that are well written like Arrested Development people can pick up the jokes and laugh on their own without the need for a laugh track to say this is the joke start laughing. TBBT is the worst offender between the two and coincidentally is the least funny.

Big Bang Theory is atrocious. I've only seen HIMYM in passing and that seemed pretty bad too.

More like Barney Stinson Show vs Sheldon Cooper Show*.
The problem with HIMYM and Big Bang is that they each have two extremely funny characters, surrounded by a large cast of meh. There is no dynamic. Except, occasionally, between Sheldon Cooper and Hot Blonde Piece Of Ass. So Big Bang Theory wins.

*Sheldon Cooper And Hot Blonde Piece Of Ass Show.

HIMYM is alright though the plot is utterly dreadful. The show has good character development and employs subtle humour as well as over the top comedic elements to bring laughs yet at the same time it is very hit and miss and some of the characters are either just unlikable (Lily) or irrelevant (Zoe).

1. TBBT is absolutely dreadful. I watch the show on a regular basis with friends and I have yet to laugh once. Initially the plot seemed to focus on the love interest between Leonard and Penny but when the writers realised that wasn't funny or interesting 2. they decided to focus on Sheldon who is a) not funny and b) autistic, and personally I don't find characteristics of mental disorders all that funny. Howard, Raj and Bernadette are the only good things about this The thing is with TBBT is that it tries to be funny and smart when it is neither, it throws in the occasional nerd culture reference and hipsters and fans of garbage like reddit eat it up while people who actually love comics and science fiction hate the show. The jokes also just fall flat plus the actors (particularly Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki in particular) constantly pull faces or look away during scenes where the "audience" *cough*laugh track*cough* are in raucous laughter which irritates me.

Both just seem lazy and relying on buzzwords like "bazzinga" or Sheldon's quirks or in HIMYM's case relying on "Suit Up" and Barney acting ridiculous. The worst thing about them is the laugh tracks, in good comedies that are well written like Arrested Development people can pick up the jokes and laugh on their own without the need for a laugh track to say this is the joke start laughing. TBBT is the worst offender between the two and coincidentally is the least funny.

1. Big Bang Theory did have a rather refreshing, genuine focus on science and engineering. That has become very superficial in laters seasons, unfortunately. Overall, the show never evolved.

2. Actually, I find autistic people very funny. They should make more autism jokes.

BBT sucks a fat dick. Annoying characters, "hot girl" is not hot, and jokes are pseudo-nerdy, written for people who aren't actually nerds.

HIMYM started out OK, Barney was basically the only reason to watch the show, Ted is an annoying bitch, and Robin is definitely hot... but then after a few seasons it got super repetitive.

Last Man Standing with Tim Allen has been pretty damn good so far. And Modern Family is generally above average, although it's getting a little played out at this point.

The fuck is wrong with you people?

HIMYM was really, really good the first three seasons. I have laughed out loud more at that show than any other tbh

But, even though I still enjoy it, it has gone downhill ever since. I hope this is the last season.

Actual best comedy in the past few years (or peep show)

250px-The_Inbetweeners_cast.png

Back