How I met your mother/Big bang

The thing I don't get about The Big Bang Theory is how are people laughing to their jokes? I'm willing to bet $100 that 99% of their viewers don't even understand 95% of what they are saying. I don't get how people laugh to the show. It is the snarky face they make after making said "nerdy" joke? Or is it because a laugh track tells them when to laugh?

Someone needs to answer these questions.

The thing I don't get about The Big Bang Theory is how are people laughing to their jokes? I'm willing to bet $100 that 99% of their viewers don't even understand 95% of what they are saying. I don't get how people laugh to the show. It is the snarky face they make after making said "nerdy" joke? Or is it because a laugh track tells them when to laugh?

I dont get it, my friends laugh like Hyenas at every line and im sure they havent a clue whats going on, must be that zany Sheldon.

BBT sucks a fat dick. Annoying characters, "hot girl" is not hot, and jokes are pseudo-nerdy, written for people who aren't actually nerds.

HIMYM started out OK, Barney was basically the only reason to watch the show, Ted is an annoying bitch, and Robin is definitely hot... but then after a few seasons it got super repetitive.

Last Man Standing with Tim Allen has been pretty damn good so far. And Modern Family is generally above average, although it's getting a little played out at this point.

so robin is hot, but the girl from bbt is not?

the fuk? :eek:

one of those things where its so stupid it becomes funny.

i only remember the sheldon dude and he says off the wall crap, him and the dude from roseanne are funny, other 2 no lol.

big bang is one of my fav shows, i thought it was dumb at first but then it grew on me.

watch this tell me u didnt laugh

Last edited:
BBT was funny to me at first, but started to get old after awhile. It started to feel like a lot of the jokes were just supposed to be, 'nerds use big words, then explain it in small words and crowd laughs.'

How I Met Your Mother... I don't get that show at all. I've seen maybe 10-15 episodes, and I don't think I've laughed a single time. HIMYM isn't funny at all to me.

I liked HIMYM when it was called "Friends" and I was a kid but they replaced Joey with Barney, Ross with Ted, Rachel with Robin, Chandler and Monica with Marshall and Lily and wrote off Phoebe altogether and the coffee house became a bar it got less funny.

Big Bang is straight garbage.
HIMYM is bad as well but 2 1/2 men is even worse than these two.

These 3 shows are worse than the worst movies I've seen and they're the most popular shows out there. I find this truly amazing.

Why would people not understand what they are saying? I am well educated and grew up playing video games and reading comic books so admittedly I guess I am their target audience. But even if you don't understand every reference to science or psychology, or geek culture or whatever, I would guess that most jokes are understandable to most people.

On another note Penny is not hot. Very average IMO. Robin is hotter but I'm not a huge fan of HIMYM. Just started watching it on Netflix because I am really bored.

I liked HIMYM when it was called "Friends" and I was a kid but they replaced Joey with Barney, Ross with Ted, Rachel with Robin, Chandler and Monica with Marshall and Lily and wrote off Phoebe altogether and the coffee house became a bar it got less funny.

hahah pretty spot on.

Big Bang Theory is fairly funny but its funny in a "watch it once in a while" way. i could never picture sitting down and watching a bunch of eps from the first few seasons in a relatively brief period.

to the people who are saying "i dont understand why its funny to people. most of the mass audience probably doesnt even get it." i think you're giving the show too much credit. while the writers do a very solid job of having the characters rapidly rattle off lines that show a strong command of some sort of knowledge base in ultra-quick fashion, i dont think the show is particularly smart, high brow or what have you. at it's core, most of the gags are pretty easily relatable.

in my opinion, How I Met Your Mother had some strong episodes in the past but really went downhill. i could see how it might have annoyed people from day one though.

neither show is good enough to carry seinfeld's jock. theyre not even on par with friends really.

BBT uses referencial lines as their humor, they just mention some nerd/geek thing and people instantly recall it and have a chuckle at getting the reference. It's similiar to how family guy uses cut away of random 80's nostalgia for the cheap pop it brings as people dredge up that fond memory.

I love them both to be honest :p I would sit with my parents and watch them when the shows first came out and they just grew one me. I guess it's not for everyone though. I do find workaholics and community to be way better shows though.

Side note. Anybody watch apartment 23? I find that show to be hilarious

Back