How I met your mother/Big bang

Honestnathaniel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Two of the biggest comedies of the last few years are how I met your mother and the crazy huge Big bang theory, both are horrible imo, wassup wit dat?

My ex used to make me watch HIMYM, it was funny sometimes.

I have some friends who like BBT. I checked it out a few months ago. It was terrible.

Chuck Lorre makes shitcoms.

Both of them are kind of funny. The fact is, most shows like this suck. All of them. They must have these simple formats and patterns, or people will lose interests. I'd actually say these are 2 of the better ones in the past few years.

It's simplistic, formulated sitcoms with a laugh track that appeals to a wide demographic.
Not too mention characters (Barney, Sheldon) that tend to steal the scenes they are in and creat fans.
Just because they are the most popular means little to me; they are alright but I'll take comedy shows like Community and Workaholics over it anyday

I still haven't given HIMYM a shot, but I've seen a good number of episodes of BBT; it's one of those shows that's really good if nothing else is on.

Dont care for either one, but Im not a big comedy guy anyways. I laugh more when a friend falls down the stairs than when watching a comedy.

big bang had its moments in the first couple of series.

gone are the golden sitcom days of the 1990s though.

Never seen how I met your mother.
The 6 or so episodes of big bang theory I've seen are some of the worst TV I've ever seen.

Pretentious thread is pretentious...so T/S what comedies from the last couple of yrs would u recommend? Gems like Arrested Development don't count as they don't fit the "recent" criteria.

BBT sucks a fat dick. Annoying characters, "hot girl" is not hot, and jokes are pseudo-nerdy, written for people who aren't actually nerds.

HIMYM started out OK, Barney was basically the only reason to watch the show, Ted is an annoying bitch, and Robin is definitely hot... but then after a few seasons it got super repetitive.

Last Man Standing with Tim Allen has been pretty damn good so far. And Modern Family is generally above average, although it's getting a little played out at this point.

Big Bang is a very funny show imo. I've seen a few episodes of HIMYM & could never get into it.

Pretentious thread is pretentious...so T/S what comedies from the last couple of yrs would u recommend? Gems like Arrested Development don't count as they don't fit the "recent" criteria.

Its not pretentious, its my opinion. What recent comedies do I recommend? English inbetweeners, peep show, community.

HIMYM is okay. Sometimes funny. I like the characters.
Mostly loathe BBT

Back