how i did at the us open 15

batman69

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i tired and sore, getting ready for back to back tournaments gets harder as i get older. this is what i wrote on my facebook page and it sums up how i did at the us open 15 in santa cruz yesterday. i couldn't do the absolute on friday because i have strained or torn intercostal muscles but i sucked it up and did my division. here's the write up.:

had two hard fights today and won both with a score of 4-0 and 16-0. screwed up in the first match and crossed my feet from the back. got ankle locked pretty good, but decided not to tap. the second was a war of attrition in which i prevailed. stayed one step ahead of my opponent and took the gold.

also my win gave my team first place in the masters seniors division. giving us the first place trophies in womens, masters seniors and overall team points. rocha jiu jitsu did well, and i am very proud of my teammates. i get a day off and it's time to get ready for the no gi worlds. i'm tired just thinking about it, so first i'm going to go enjoy jackass in 3d with my wife.

Did you have a cheese cake?
Congrats Jeremy.

d004.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy Jackass 3D, its pretty gross.

Great job man! Wish I could have been there, just didn't work out for me this year.

Congratulations!
Did you come up to Truckee to do the Truckee Open in August? I saw some Rocha guys up here.

Great job man! Wish I could have been there, just didn't work out for me this year.

thanks man, i had to go against q, one of your brown belts in the final. he was tough. i had to wear him down for the first two minutes before i could really start scoring points on him. even then, it was by staying just a step ahead of him. i always expect a battle when it's a cassio guy standing across the mat from me.

i thought i would post some pics and share a funny story. we just took some team pictures of the competition team and the team medals won at the us open 15. as a team we walked away with the adult, female and masters seniors titles. the picture of me and eduardo standing next to the single trophy has a small funny anecdote attached to it.

i had the last fight of the night at the second day of the us open. right as i was about to go on, the masters seniors results were announced. as a team we were in second place. eduardo then asked how many points separated second place from first. the answer was 5 points, at that point eduardo smiled and pointed out that i still had one more fight. a first place is worth 9 points, and my win pushed us over for first place. it was a good feeling to take my 5th gold medal at the us open and also clinch a team title for our team.

congrats!

is there anywhere that lists the team results?

congrats!

is there anywhere that lists the team results?

i think somewhere on gracie mag is a list, but it has us third in the masters seniors, and i know for a fact we came out on top.

Congrats man. You always do well in competition. Do you do anything special to prepare for one of these tournaments?

Back