How I beat insomnia

I just stopped caring about whether I sleep enough. Luckily, I get by well on limited hours.

ZMA used to work for me. gotta get me hands on some more of them magic vitamins.

I think Chamomile/Sleepytime Tea is the best for relaxing someone. There are also a lot of health benefits to drinking Chamomile.

ZMA used to work for me. gotta get me hands on some more of them magic vitamins.

Ive had a bottle of that sitting next to my bed for like a month now, but Im too scared to try it out. Im scared of pills.

Ive had a bottle of that sitting next to my bed for like a month now, but Im too scared to try it out. Im scared of pills.

I think ZMA is basically just a nutritional supplement. There is no risk in taking it.

I think sleep meds is the only route for me. I'm 30 and have slept like shit since I was 19. Between 20-21 I had insomnia so bad I considered offing myself--my life was just pain. I eventually "cured" myself of it. I actually read the same book and made some other changes in my thinking/life. Nonetheless, sleeping has never been easy and I never consistently get more than 2-3 good nights of sleep a week. As soon as I start my new job and get on insurance I am going straight on Ambien or something. No passing go, no collecting $200.

dude it's just zinc and magnesium. the only side effect is very vivid dreams, which is a bonus in my book.

I think sleep meds is the only route for me. I'm 30 and have slept like shit since I was 19. Between 20-21 I had insomnia so bad I considered offing myself--my life was just pain. I eventually "cured" myself of it. I actually read the same book and made some other changes in my thinking/life. Nonetheless, sleeping has never been easy and I never consistently get more than 2-3 good nights of sleep a week. As soon as I start my new job and get on insurance I am going straight on Ambien or something. No passing go, no collecting $200.

Do you exercise? I got a little depressed when I wasn't working out. Also, try to get sun in the morning, I think there is a strong link to lack of sun in the morning and depression/anxiety/insomnia.

I'm really anti-medication so personally I would avoid ambien if you can solve it naturally. I also noticed in the states I always slept well because I was so busy. Maybe take a class or something to keep your mind occupied.

Do you exercise? I got a little depressed when I wasn't working out. Also, try to get sun in the morning, I think there is a strong link to lack of sun in the morning and depression/anxiety/insomnia.

I'm really anti-medication so personally I would avoid ambien if you can solve it naturally. I also noticed in the states I always slept well because I was so busy. Maybe take a class or something to keep your mind occupied.

I might need to exercise more. I probably do too much of the bolded already, and I give it precedence over everything else (programmer, and gearing up for a new position soon). Over the last month, 90% of the time that I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm mentally going over some lines of code in a half-waken state--I literally dream it. It's probably the feeling that I always have more to "digest" and more problems to work out that keep me from falling to sleep. I never feel "done".

Yea, I have insomnia too, sometimes I browse sherdog when I can't sleep... the layout is easy on the eyes at night. I used to take ambien, but I stopped taking that. Used to drink to put myself to sleep too, stopped drinking alcohol. Lately it hasn't been too bad, I've been taking melatonin which seems to help a little bit (not nearly as much as ambien did).

I've always had trouble sleeping but after my accident, I became disabled with Complex regional pain syndrome it is extremely hard for me to sleep.

I've taken, Ambien, Xanax, Tramdol, Tylenol PM, nyquil ZMA, vico, Percs, ect...

Right now I take
Ambien x 2
1 to 2 oxycodone
3 zma

And I still don't sleep. My issue is falling asleep. Once i'm out, i'm sleeping fine.

I've always had trouble sleeping but after my accident, I became disabled with Complex regional pain syndrome it is extremely hard for me to sleep.

I've taken, Ambien, Xanax, Tramdol, Tylenol PM, nyquil ZMA, vico, Percs, ect...

Right now I take
Ambien x 2
1 to 2 oxycodone
3 zma

And I still don't sleep. My issue is falling asleep. Once i'm out, i'm sleeping fine.

That sucks. Getting to sleep is my problem too, once I'm out I stay asleep.

You probably already know this but be careful with the ambien and oxy, probably ok just the two in normal doses, but adding alcohol or some other cns depressor to the mix would be bad.

That sucks. Getting to sleep is my problem too, once I'm out I stay asleep.

You probably already know this but be careful with the ambien and oxy, probably ok just the two in normal doses, but adding alcohol or some other cns depressor to the mix would be bad.

Yeah, I never mix pills and drinks. I've had a few friends die that way. Be nice to find something, less dangerous for the body

It's hard living in Japan and explaining how alcohol causes insomnia to most people out here. Trying not to drink tonight but they take offense to it. I try to just have one beer and lots of water because I'm definitely not sacrificing my sleep again.

I am on Melatonin and this drink called "Drank" or "Purple Drank"...

it's getting harder for me to sleep - im accustomed to the Melatonin (20mg) it seems now.

I just get super hyper around 10-11pm and I work at 6am... I workout now and would LOVE to have 8hr rest.

anyways - im starting to become delirious lately on melatonin. I am not sure if I am sleeping / dreaming or not but it's fucking trippy (and I like it).

It feels like, I went to sleep. It feels like I am dreaming and the scene is my bedroom and im trying to sleep within my dream and shit gets wonky... weird thoughts, images comes in.. and when I do fall asleep (literally or within my dream) - I get some insane nightmare/dreams

When I wake up or "wake up" - I feel like shit, as if I just watched myself "sleep" in my head but I was awake for the past 4-6hours.

anyways, those having issues of sleeping - may I suggest - Marijuana.. get the munchies and fall asleep.

i didnt sleep tonight

i made music instead

Yea, I have insomnia too, sometimes I browse sherdog when I can't sleep... the layout is easy on the eyes at night. I used to take ambien, but I stopped taking that. Used to drink to put myself to sleep too, stopped drinking alcohol. Lately it hasn't been too bad, I've been taking melatonin which seems to help a little bit (not nearly as much as ambien did).

Or you could just watch C-SPAN.

Back