How high would you mount in a street fighting scenario?

Luger

Rabbi of Platinum Nation
Banned
Reaction score
I remember rolling around with a Gracie JJ instructor once and he said that he held the mount fairly low for control in grappling.
If he was in a street fight, he would go as far up as he could.

Anyone here considered it?

Fairly high. Control the use of his arms and try to talk him down if the situation can be calmed down. Works like a charm as most street fights are just a bunch of people drunk talking shit and then getting pulled apart. Mount, control, talk, and de-esclate.

If the guy can't be calmed down, elbow his head into mush and then run.

High enough to dangle a loogie over the face of my attacker to make him renounce his criminal ways.

high enough to turn around and knee bah him boston style. i drove 3 friggin howers to this street fight.

I think going to high would be a mistake. Most times when someone gets mounted in a street fight, there first reaction is to give there back so they can get to there knees and get up. Going to high seems like you wouldn't be able to counter and get to their back...

Low enough so you won't get your bollocks bitten ;)

dont even get in guard he could have knife

High enough to wear I can punch his face and he can't punch mine

neon belly. i'm not letting anyone's chompers that close to los huevos de verde

I think going to high would be a mistake. Most times when someone gets mounted in a street fight, there first reaction is to give there back so they can get to there knees and get up. Going to high seems like you wouldn't be able to counter and get to their back...

S-Mount > Gift Wrap > Back Take

HA! You believe this nonsense about mount being the best position for controlling someone in a street fight. Clearly the best position is gun control, unless they do Ameri Do Te...then even god can't help you.

S-Mount > Gift Wrap > Back Take
Maybe, but it could result in you losing the position or ending up on their back but you on back.
Safer just to take a lower mount and when they turn just take their back while still being on top.

The feeling of flattening someone out who doesnt know anything in a street fight is just soo good. You end up with scratched up gravel-knees though

I think those vids outline a good basic strategy for using your bjj in a fight. Drilling that would be pretty handy. Wish our club that sometimes.

Back