How he handles Siver will dictate McGregor's move to Lightweight

standandtrade7

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A lot of fans, as well as McGregor himself are calling for his move to Lightweight, which is his natural weight-class. Many fans are saying he would dominate and have equal or greater success. I believe his fight with Siver will give us a solid indication of how McGregor will stack up at LW.

Siver is a solid guy who had some success, but LW is full of vicious strikers. When facing them, Siver was dismantled by Cerrone and Guillard with absolute ease.

If McGregor beats Siver, but struggles with him or fights competitively for most of the bout, will it change your opinion on his eventual move up to LW?

Lightweight is a different monster with strikers like Cerrone, Pettis, Barboza, Dos Anjos. Etc. Lets be honest, Poirier would get cremated by any of those guys.

3.gif

pettis would drop weights if McGregor entered the weight class

as would dustin poirier.

i dont think Sivir is a good litmus test if he'd do well at LW. sure he's competed at it, but so has Clay Guida. a better indicator if he wins the title, would be if he fought Edgar lol so make it happen and stop ducking

i dont think Sivir is a good litmus test if he'd do well at LW. sure he's competed at it, but so has Clay Guida. a better indicator if he wins the title, would be if he fought Edgar lol so make it happen and stop ducking

Edgar is such a bad ass, I think Conor is 120% legit but Edgar would still smash him IMO.

MMAth at its finest. Fighters improve and styles make fights, so I say no

Edgar is such a bad ass, I think Conor is 120% legit but Edgar would still smash him IMO.

That's the thing, there seems to be no middle ground with most people on here, he either beats Edgar/Aldo etc or he fucking sucks or "got exposed" or whatever, doesn't really say much for the skills of the guys he's beating or possibly loses to.

That's the thing, there seems to be no middle ground with most people on here, he either beats Edgar/Aldo etc or he fucking sucks or "got exposed" or whatever, doesn't really say much for the skills of the guys he's beating or possibly loses to.

Yeah, thats because they can't separate thought from emotion. lol.

I think Conor looks outstanding so far. But even if his TDD is good, Edgar is one of the best MMA wrestlers of our time. In addition, he would give him his money's worth striking as well.

Yeah, thats because they can't separate thought from emotion. lol.

I think Conor looks outstanding so far. But even if his TDD is good, Edgar is one of the best MMA wrestlers of our time. In addition, he would give him his money's worth striking as well.

this i think edgar has the speed and cardio to just shut down mcgregors game entirely hard to land anything flashy backing up against someone that covers more ground than you do or with a td being a constant threat. and b/c of the aforementioned td i dont see his kicking game quite showing up.

The Goat should prove himself at fw first. He get's mauled at lw.

Would be the worst mistake of his career thus far if he went to LW. Why sacrifice his big-fish-small-pond aura at FW to go up and get destroyed/continue fighting for contendership at LW?

While I don't disagree... part of this is a direct reaction to his self-promotion, which by its very nature is polarizing... you can't simply suggest that Conor is a good, emerging FW... you have to either hate him with passion, or believe that he will be the first time 3 weight division champion... and when all said and done... he has really only beaten one fighter of consequence...

The UFC for their part, are playing right into it... I am sure Conor and his legion of followers will take issue with this.. but I am not sure hey are doing him a great service by rushing him into a fight with Aldo... because this is no doubt, he is a damn fine prospect... but he has simply not put in enough rounds, against enough top tier competition, that I can see any way he is ready for the likes of either Edgar or Aldo.. but perhaps he could be... I guess we will see... Siver is going to be a tough fight, against a tough veteran... if Conor loses, it shouldn't mean the end of a hype train.. it should simply be the evolution of a fighter...

A lot of fans, as well as McGregor himself are calling for his move to Lightweight, which is his natural weight-class. Many fans are saying he would dominate and have equal or greater success. I believe his fight with Siver will give us a solid indication of how McGregor will stack up at LW.

Siver is a solid guy who had some success, but LW is full of vicious strikers. When facing them, Siver was dismantled by Cerrone and Guillard with absolute ease.

If McGregor beats Siver, but struggles with him or fights competitively for most of the bout, will it change your opinion on his eventual move up to LW?

Lightweight is a different monster with strikers like Cerrone, Pettis, Barboza, Dos Anjos. Etc. Lets be honest, Poirier would get cremated by any of those guys.

3.gif

what a stupid post, this is why you shouldn't be allowed to post threads

Back