How have you "failed" your younger siblings?

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If you're an older sibling, what are moments with your younger brother/sister ,where you think "damn, I failed them growing up". For example, I went and saw Mission Impossible:Fallout, with my 24 year old brother last weekend. There was a preview for the new Creed movie, at the end when they show "Drago" on the robe, I was like "oh shit!" and his response was "what?". I said "Ivan Drago's son!"..(still nothing)..."from Rocky 4"...(still nothing).."I know you've seen it". His reply "I'm pretty sure I've only seen the first one".

Skip to the next day, everyone met up for breakfast at Bob Evans, and my other brother(28) was there. I told him about the movie, and then asked if either had seen the Cobra Kai series? My middle brother had not, the youngest again gave a blank look. I said "from the Karate Kid?"...(nothing)..."wait? You haven't seen that either?".

I mean, I know I moved out when he was 9 years old but wtf? I definitely failed him.

Yeah, but not in the same way, a big brother ideally should be a role model of sorts.

By being born before him, I made sure his birth would be easier than mine. He owes me.

i'm the youngest and my brothers did not fail me.

except, one time when i was in junior high and my brother was either a senior or first year college, he wanted to bond and took me out to a movie on a school night. but he didnt look past the actors in it, this was the 90's so not the internet age, and the movie we ended up seeing was called Sleepers. which is you dont know is about 4 boys who are sent to juvenile detention, and habitually raped by the prison guards.

so i gotta give my brother a fail on that one.

If you're an older sibling, what are moments with your younger brother/sister ,where you think "damn, I failed them growing up". For example, I went and saw Mission Impossible:Fallout, with my 24 year old brother last weekend. There was a preview for the new Creed movie, at the end when they show "Drago" on the robe, I was like "oh shit!" and his response was "what?". I said "Ivan Drago's son!"..(still nothing)..."from Rocky 4"...(still nothing).."I know you've seen it". His reply "I'm pretty sure I've only seen the first one".

Skip to the next day, everyone met up for breakfast at Bob Evans, and my other brother(28) was there. I told him about the movie, and then asked if either had seen the Cobra Kai series? My middle brother had not, the youngest again gave a blank look. I said "from the Karate Kid?"...(nothing)..."wait? You haven't seen that either?".

I mean, I know I moved out when he was 9 years old but wtf? I definitely failed him.
It sounds like you're still failing him by trying to get him to watch this shit and find some relevance in it.

I have 2 older sisters and 1 younger so I guess my failure was not ending up being gay.

Bro, that level of failure would cause half of Japan to commit harakiri :(

Back