How have we gotten to the point that Porier could face Khabib?

You might have some little hierarchy in your head but Poirier has actually gone out there and beaten top fighters. I don't think he'll beat Khabib but he has proven himself as the best of the rest.

Not a porier hater but....he is not that good. The following fighters would beat him.

Khabib, Tony, Lee, Barbosa, Gacje.

He is wasting a Khabib fight. We all know he will get smoked, he looked half dead vs max

Poirier IS good. He's just not flashy, that's where morons get confused.

You do realize he beat Gaethje though right, or is Gacje some new up coming fighter? Not to mention that Kevin Lee's going up to 170.
Exactly! Come on TS......if you cannot check that Poirier beat Gaethje almost exactly a year ago....then......how closely are you following things?

Poirier just beat Max who was on a 13-fight (5 years!) win streak and if you can do THAT then you have a good chance at beating anybody.

Poirier has done everything to earn his shot at Khabib. So I REALLY hope the UFC follow-through on this and setup Poirier vs Khabib to unify the belts.

Fucking lol at another casual fan caught out. He already beat the fuck out of Gaethje.

Yeah he's not an ideal challenger, will get dominated by Khabib and would lose to Tony and Conor, so he's not even the best challenger regardless of the Khabib match-up. But Max didn't get it done, isn't big enough for LW, so his limits were shown as well. Just based on the Aldo fights and how he's dominated FW Max vs Khabib sounded like a good one. Since he's half the LW as he's a FW, Tony's out, Conor's future is up in the air and because Poirier already beat Gaethje he's next, even if it is a pointless fight.

Max not big enough for lightweight? He towered over Poirier. The problem is, he can't rely on his chin at lightweight because guys are packing alot more power in this division. It's no different than Conor, who was knocking people out at featherweight, but at lightweight, still has power, but he's not dropping people with one shot anymore.

Not a porier hater but....he is not that good. The following fighters would beat him.

He is wasting a Khabib fight. We all know he will get smoked, he looked half dead vs max
lets see how we got here. oh right - tony opted out, lee got beat up, barbosa got knocked out, and gaethje got finished by someone almost a year ago to the day.....can't remember what his name was.........

so yeah, feel bad about this thread. not too bad (#frankie)........

Max not big enough for lightweight? He towered over Poirier. The problem is, he can't rely on his chin at lightweight because guys are packing alot more power in this division. It's no different than Conor, who was knocking people out at featherweight, but at lightweight, still has power, but he's not dropping people with one shot anymore.
why are people commenting on his chin though? his chin held up fine.

Eddie being gifted a title shot
Conor being gifted a title shot
Conor taking a huge two year vacation while top contenders kept getting bounced by Khabib and Tony
Tony tripping over a wire
Tony becoming a vampire slayer
Max being dare I say it, overrated. I know the term gets thrown around a lot but Dana clearly anticipated this fight going very different so doesn't that mean he overrated Max? Tony rejected the Max fight doesn't that mean he overrated Max too?

That is how we got here. Wasting time is what the 155 division is all about.

why are people commenting on his chin though? his chin held up fine.
Because if he gets dropped like that he's gonna keep losing decisions, and at some point his chin will crack.

If you don't even know he already beat Justin Gaethje, you should probably withhold comment until you aren't so powerfully ignorant.

Eddie being gifted a title shot
Conor being gifted a title shot
Conor taking a huge two year vacation while top contenders kept getting bounced by Khabib and Tony
Tony tripping over a wire
Tony becoming a vampire slayer
Max being dare I say it, overrated. I know the term gets thrown around a lot but Dana clearly anticipated this fight going very different so doesn't that mean he overrated Max? Tony rejected the Max fight doesn't that mean he overrated Max too?

That is how we got here. Wasting time is what the 155 division is all about.
Eddie wasn't gifted a shot though.

Gacje.

If that is Justing Gaethje, well...you need to watch fights more often.

He kind of was, he was 2-1 in the UFC prior to that fight, his wins were both split decisions, i think he robbed Pettis, not exactly a "streak" worthy of a title shot.

Poirier is the 3rd best LW in the world. Put some damn respect on his name.

He got it off a two fight win streak where both were controversial split decisions. Compared to Conor that was merit based but I don't think so. Think he got it cause the UFC was so invested in him at that point.

Delete your account and start over ts. You can't come back from this one.

He got it off a two fight win streak where both were controversial split decisions. Compared to Conor that was merit based but I don't think so. Think he got it cause the UFC was so invested in him at that point.
The fights were close but he won them, and over big names at the time. Then when given the shot he won the title too. And by KO. Eddie is underrated around here. He's had a good career and a lot of big wins before he ever got to the ufc.

I used to think Dustin was just at the right place at the right time, which was why he ranks so highly, but I don't think he can be denied after his latest performance.

The fights were close but he won them, and over big names at the time. Then when given the shot he won the title too. And by KO. Eddie is underrated around here. He's had a good career and a lot of big wins before he ever got to the ufc.

Part of why I'm underrating him is I didn't think too highly of the guys he barely beat. Dude made more money for less results than any man in MMA history. Including Conor who at least had to run his mouth which I guess is a weird type of merit. But look at all the 155 runs that were so much more impressive that didn't get title shots. Dude still cut in front of the line. Not as blatant as Conor who just walked right in but Eddie also had the loss to Cerrone.

Dustin has earned this. Alvarez, Pettis, gaethje and Holloway. Those are crazy wins .

I give him a shot against khabib. Standing he would knock khabibs head off imo.
He will get taken down but his bjj is pretty solid

Back