How have fighters not learned from Stipe and Derrick?

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously, both Blaydes and Velasquez went full Overeem against Ngannou... How did they not know that defence alone makes Ngannou fold past the 8 minute mark?

It's all you gotta do, just stay away from Francis at first and attack when he is gassed.

How did they not know that defence alone makes Ngannou fold past the 8 minute mark?
How do you not know what happened in the stipe fight?

It wasn't this

Stipe is a far better striker than these guys. He picked Francis apart from the opening bell. Made him look silly standing, landed the most meaningful shots of the fight.

Stipe had a skill set these guys do not have. Simple as that.

Seriously, both Blaydes and Velasquez went full Overeem against Ngannou... How did they not know that defence alone makes Ngannou fold past the 8 minute mark?

It's all you gotta do, just stay away from Francis at first and attack when he is gassed.

Easier said than done. Cain's style has never been patient and defensive either. He's always come forward and pushed the pace on his opponents and nobody expected him to be any different against Francis. It was actually a good way to ware Francis down and overwhelm him it's just that Francis is 280lbs Cameroonian fury with off the charts power

Easier said than done. Cain's style has never been patient and defensive either. He's always come forward and pushed the pace on his opponents and nobody expected him to be any different against Francis. It was actually a good way to ware Francis down and overwhelm him it's just that Francis is 280lbs Cameroonian fury with off the charts power

Agreed, and I thought the plan to throw kicks was a good one as well, stay away and kick or close distance and grapple. His body let him down that was all.

Bro, most of these dudes are lacking head movement compared to Stipe.

Name anyone who could do this.

giphy.gif

emlcr6uaokx11.gif

Cain has nowhere near the boxing defense of Stipe and "staying away" isn't in his vocabulary.

Round 1 of Stipe vs. Ngannou was so scary. All those whiffed punches and evasive head movement was too much for me to handle.

How do you not know what happened in the stipe fight?

It wasn't this

Stipe is a far better striker than these guys. He picked Francis apart from the opening bell. Made him look silly standing, landed the most meaningful shots of the fight.

Stipe had a skill set these guys do not have. Simple as that.

So you're claiming Ngannou wasn't gassed out then?
How do you not know what happened in the Stipe fight?

So you're claiming Ngannou wasn't gassed out then?
What the hell? What gave you that idea?

He gassed because Stipe outclassed him in every aspect. Stipe cleanly out struck him, owned him standing and was eventually able to take him down due to that. Francis got beat up, that's why he gassed out.

Same thing that happened in the Cain/Werdum fight. It's easy to gas when you're losing a fight.

What the hell? What gave you that idea?

He gassed because Stipe outclassed him in every aspect. Stipe cleanly out struck him, owned him standing and was eventually able to take him down due to that. Francis got beat up, that's why he gassed out.

Same thing that happened in the Cain/Werdum fight. It's easy to gas when you're losing a fight.
meh. stipe ran away for the whole first round. he was also more busted up after the fight. ngannou lost that fight rather than stipe winning it.

meh. stipe ran away for the whole first round. he was also more busted up after the fight. ngannou lost that fight rather than stipe winning it.
Stipe out struck him. Landed the biggest punches of the fight. Out classed him. Did more damage. Completely owned him. Stipe was the far superior fighter in every aspect with no exception.

Now I understand...

I saw the post fight interview, Cain was faking with that poker face. He didn't demonstrate any kind of FRUSTRATION AT ALL. He was LYING for sure. This was a set up.

They are trying to force Cormier to fight another contender and duck rematch with Stipe. Doesn't make sense Cain "back" and this happens so easily, although I hate him I acknowledge he is a dangerous fighter.

Simple doesn't make sense. I would not amaze if Cormier's injury vanishes tomorrow and he call out Ngannou. The drama is set up, wait and see. Stipe will be ducked again and forever.

Last edited:
One of, if not, the best pieces of head movement in UFC history.

Everything about it was slick and classy.

Only other one that comes close was Holm on Rousey making her take a knee.

Considering what was at stake, it might just be.

Being on the receiving end of Ngannou's punches must feel like this:

2px8pz.jpg

Back