*How hard is for a guy like Conor to improve drastically his gas tank?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Considering Conor's gas tank was an issue on the first fight and would/could be a turning point in tne second, how hard is to improve your gas tank so it would turn from a "con" to a "pro"? I mean, could Conor train in a such a way, from UFC 196 to UFC 202, so he could last 4-5 rounds with no problem?

He was throwing absolute haymakers in the first fight, trying to take Nates head off with every shot.

He can pick his shots more wisely, and not load up as much.

That being said, he will never out-cardio a Diaz brother.

Not hard, dude had a long time to train right for this time.

If anything it's better that the fight didn't happen before.

Cardio machine Conor could be a force at LW if he can keep his pace for 5 rounds.

It takes a lot of energy to play touch butt in the park with a goofy looking guy with a pony tail.

i think his cardio was fine, i think he was just too sure of his finishing ability and was chasing a knockout that wasn't coming (he missed loads of big power punches) and got hurt in the fight

i think the issue may have been pace rather than fitness

It's probably not hard, in and of itself with training. The hard part is keeping the power and strength at the same time. Unless, maybe you have help.

Conor's problem isn't so much a bigger gas tank, it's using his gas more efficiently. Setting big shots up with jabs might help. Coming in with spinning back kicks and wheel kicks tend to drain you of energy.

All that said, "Dias" has cardio for days (pun intended)...

Conor's best shot will always be early... He can't out cardio or out volume Nate..

Of course he can improve his cardio, and can pace himself better than he did in the first fight. But if Conor indeed does have cardio problems, as you're suggesting, then it's unlikely that he'd ever turn it into a "pro." He'll certainly never be a cardio machine like Nate.

Getting hit in the face effects cardio, he should try not to do that.

Life isn't just a video game. Conor didn't just gas because his gas tank meter was too low. Conor is obviously in shape.

He gassed because of things that happened in the fight. He had to work hard constantly to get inside Nate's reach, eating shots along the way. He was going hard for the finish. And he probably suffered mental fatigue after Nate ate his shots and kept coming. Cardio training won't do much to help this stuff. He needs to take a different approach to the fight and adopt a different strategy.

All that said, "Dias" has cardio for days (pun intended)...
giphy.gif

Connor seemed tired in Mendes fight as well but Chad was in Concrete

I just don't think he's a Cardio machine with his pressure style. Most of his fights didn't go the distance so its hard to say.

Going up in weight and Muscle wont help IMO

Nate will test him again in the clinch, people forget he had problems there even before he was tired. Nates clinch is underrated !

I'm sure both made adjustments but Connor will be on borrowed time again if he cannot get the KO, Nate will keep coming after him like a wild dog nipping away until he's done !

he only ever gassed in one fight lettuce not act like the guy has no tank, if he fights a little more conservatively and not eat like a pig like he did before im sure he can go more than 5 rds

Life isn't just a video game. Conor didn't just gas because his gas tank meter was too low. Conor is obviously in shape.

He gassed because of things that happened in the fight. He had to work hard constantly to get inside Nate's reach, eating shots along the way. He was going hard for the finish. And he probably suffered mental fatigue after Nate ate his shots and kept coming. Cardio training won't do much to help this stuff. He needs to take a different approach to the fight and adopt a different strategy.

I agree it was a lot of work. He will have to fight very tactical. He pretty much looked like Overeem before he started game planning. Will be funny to see Connor spamming kicks to win on points ha ha. Nate at 100 percent will be very tough for him.

He is who he is, he's a sprinter and some fighters are long distance runners.

he only ever gassed in one fight lettuce not act like the guy has no tank, if he fights a little more conservatively and not eat like a pig like he did before im sure he can go more than 5 rds

Go look at the Mendes fight. He was beyond tired at the end. And that was not even close to a long fight.

it was not an issue of gas tank, he did very well against Max.
It is just ;Nate happened

I think Conor lasts 18-20 seconds longer this time, but some of that will be because he's too embarrassed to tap so quickly again

Back