-2000 1st place at Light Middleweight at European Championships
- 143-10 record as an amateur

-Robbed in a controversial loss against future latino great Oscar De La Hoya
-Went toe-to-toe against the rugged Javier Castillejo in two epic wars
-Annihilated the son of the great Thomas Hearns, Ronald Hearns
-Ducked by German powerhouse boxer Arthur Abraham

-Known for his elite 'piston-like' jab.
-Involved with doping allegations and Bosnian mob connections
-One of Germany's most popular and premier boxers of the 00s ruling the middleweight division with an iron fist for two decades, fending off stiff competition including the likes of:

Oscar De La Hoya, Maselino Masoe, Javier Castillejo, Sebastian Sylvester, Khoren Gevor, Ronald Hearns, Matthew Macklin, Martin Murray, Sebastian Zbik, Daniel Geale, Sam Soliman, Darren Barker, Robert Stieglitz, Fedor Chudinov

Where do you guys rate Felix Sturms greatness?

I only saw the dlh fight which he deserved so I can only say he was pretty good. Great is a special designation. As far as I know, he wasnt in that league.

The return of stoker, been a while.

Macklin was robbed against him, but Sturm himself was on the end of a few questionable decisions in his career.

Good to see a Stoker thread.

Sturm was a good, technical, yet not exciting fighter. Following the trend of Abraham and the Klitschkos of fighting near exclusively in Germany made him a mega star there but not so much on the world.

One thing he was not good at is tax evasion. He’s currently in prison for it.

u can do dope and be a good guy at heart

Some cheats can be decent people I’m sure

also he got gifted the macklin decision. Decent champion, nothing more. And the doping puts a cloud over his career

Some cheats can be decent people I’m sure

also he got gifted the macklin decision. Decent champion, nothing more. And the doping puts a cloud over his career

aside from the cheating he is still a good fighter. looked educated in the ring.

aside from the cheating he is still a good fighter. looked educated in the ring.

Yeah i agree. The problem I have with guys that get caught juicing is whether this has skewed their career. It doesn’t make you a better boxer, but it can have a large effect of stamina and power, which are both incredibly important factors

It’s frustrating because there are fighters that I like that have cheated (Tyson fury). I’ll still support him in most fights but there should be a question mark over how valid his achievements are/were. And it’s why canelo is not p4p no1 in my personal opinion

German bot?

great and Felix Sturm don’t belong in the same sentence

Back