How Great is Eddie Bravo?

buy his book, it will help you. it helped my half guard game one class after i bought the book, no joke. i knew the "lock down" position but thought it was only good for stalling, boy was i wrong...love him or hate him, his shit is ice cold

does he talk alotta shite? yeah, but if he can make me hit half guard sweeps like i was yesterday on a mere 30 pages of reading, he can say whatever he wants as far as i'm concerned....oh yeah, and i was at gi practice yesterday

FutureBxer said:
eddie had just received his black belt which would suggest that he hadnt been black belt level for very long - unlike his opponents in adcc who have been BB's for years.
Now, that's what I call an argument! But you still owe me another 14 - 15.

ha sells stuff from jj machado as his own inventions...and got ONE win against a top opponent...thats what real champs are made off

I got Jiu-Jitsu unleashed for Christmas and I have to say it's a pretty damn good book. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Frodo said:
This is very true. I think his book is good; even though, the beginning is too wordy. I haven't completed the whole thing, though. However, some Eddie Bravo worship is a little too much.

But let's have some fun anyway. Little known facts about Eddie Bravo:

According to the ancient Sumerian text, the oldest version of the bible, there is a tenth planet in our solar system called Nibiru where a highly advanced human-like civilization lives. Just before their planet exploded, the lone survivor was rocketed away to Earth. He is Eddie Bravo.

Eddie Bravo's jiu jitsu is off the hook.

In fine print at on the last page of the Guiness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Eddie Bravo, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone has ever come to matching him.

When Eddie Bravo visited the Moscow, the Soviet Union fell. Eddie invented Sambo. He later taught it to Fedor Emelianenko.

Eddie Bravo puts the laughter in manslaughter.

A Handicap parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Eddie Bravo and that you will be handicapped if you park there.

:-D

My life finally has meaning!! Thanks Eddie!!

Dr. BadAss said:
Get this 10 minutes instructional on how to pass in more then 3 ways Eddie's guard (once, simply by grabbing his ankles and pulling them across), how to pass his half-guard in a blitz, how to control the side-mount by cupping the chin with one hand and blocking the hips with the other, how to flip him thru the air from turtle, how to setup an arm triangle, how to pass with the cartwheel right into side mount, how to mount from half-rubber guard, how to avoid such dangerous techniques like sloppy single legs or the "I'm gonna stand up just to try to pull the half guard on you" takedowns and finally how to make all this look like a cat is playing with a mouse...
ADCC 2003: 149,95 $
Shipping: 15 $
Getting a glance at the scoreboard at 0 - 13: PRICELESS!

Does it show you how to become Leo Viera too?

tudor_bjj said:
I don't have one, but you are just the kind I would like.

if you like your women with cock and balls then fair enough, but why the hate for eddie?

yeah he got schooled by leo viera, one of the best guard passers in the game, marcelo garcia choked out shaolin in under 15 seconds. my point is that at ADCC the standard is so high that even very good grapplers can be made to look extremely ordinary by complete badass fighters.

so what if he wants to sell dvds and books? it's not some matt furey style crap, the stuff is actually pretty useful and pretty damn cheap.

i saw his house in the twister video and if he wants to earn some $$$ from something he's good at then fair enough he's just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. pretty lame of you wasting so much time hating on him on the internet IMHO.

and i promised myself i wouldn't post in this thread

That video rocks. Leo is so under rated.

Moving Shadow said:
if you like your women with cock and balls then fair enough, but why the hate for eddie?

yeah he got schooled by leo viera, one of the best guard passers in the game, marcelo garcia choked out shaolin in under 15 seconds. my point is that at ADCC the standard is so high that even very good grapplers can be made to look extremely ordinary by complete badass fighters.

so what if he wants to sell dvds and books? it's not some matt furey style crap, the stuff is actually pretty useful and pretty damn cheap.

i saw his house in the twister video and if he wants to earn some $$$ from something he's good at then fair enough he's just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. pretty lame of you wasting so much time hating on him on the internet IMHO.
Schooled it's not equal with being guard passed, my dear sister.
If you just had the time to read all the posts in this thread you could find where is the problem with Eddie. I don't hate him, I hate people that claim he made a revolution, invented techniques, is the greatest etc.

Back