How great is Cain? (Really)

JudoThai92

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Cain is a beast. Anyone doubting that didn't see him destroy JDS, Bigfoot, Browne, or Lesnar. With that said, he's fought 4 people since beating Broken in 2011. 3 fights with JDS, 2 with Bigfoot, once against Browne and now a rematch with Werdum. He's obviously a great fighter, but I've always wanted to see him fight someone new. Seeing him smash Browne was nice, and maybe think Werdum is the right fight to make, but holy shit for as often as the guy gets hurt, when he decides to call it a career, the top 75%of his fights are going to be against the same four dudes over and over. Personally, add much as I like him I don't know that it puts him in the conversation for the legendary or HW GOAT status that some people have given to him

Cain is tremendous fighter but with very fragile body and too many injuries which kinda ruined his greatness

He's a victim of injuries and career mismanagement. Whether be his management or the UFC. He keeps fighting the same guys who so he never really had a chance to learn new styles. I knew the first time he fought someone with Muay Thai and a good ground game he was going to be screwed. It's pretty crazy someone can be 14 fights deep and get exposed because they finally fought a style they've never seen.

I root for Cain but at some point his team should have turned down all of these rematches.

Cain is an all time great. People point to his inactivity and the fact that he's only faced a handful of opponents in the last 5 years without recognizing that there was nobody else with the resume to challenge him at the time.

With regard to his resume he is a victim of circumstance. But anybody who knows anything knows that he's a destroyer.

He's so awesome he fights once every two years against the same 3 guys

Nobody would be a favorite against s healthy prime Cain. Too bad his injuries and inactivity barely created any legacy.

Cain is an all time great. People point to his inactivity and the fact that he's only faced a handful of opponents in the last 5 years without recognizing that there was nobody else with the resume to challenge him at the time.

With regard to his resume he is a victim of circumstance. But anybody who knows anything knows that he's a destroyer.

Yea.. like they look up fight finder and take notes of his record, 0 memory or didn't watch MMA back then.

He's a victim of injuries and career mismanagement. Whether be his management or the UFC. He keeps fighting the same guys who so he never really had a chance to learn new styles. I knew the first time he fought someone with Muay Thai and a good ground game he was going to be screwed. It's pretty crazy someone can be 14 fights deep and get exposed because they finally fought a style they've never seen.

I root for Cain but at some point his team should have turned down all of these rematches.

Cain was coming off a 2 year lay off due to injuries and was fighting above sea level against a active career peaked Fabricio Werdum ..... lets see how Cain does in the rematch .....

He's faced 4 opponents in last 5 years, and lost to 2 of them.

Batting . 500 against a weak division

Back