How good were the Mayweathers

I agree with a previous poster that said Sr had the talent but was too involved in extra activities that hurt his career.

Roger was a tough durable fighter. Always came out in the Mexican cowboy hat and had a lot of good battles.

All have great boxing minds even though they sound special when they talk. I enjoy the entertainment.

Well, the article doesn't do a very good job confirming that in my opinion, but whatever. Hopefully it is him because that means he's cleaned himself up and done some physical therapy for his ailments. He looks in much better condition than on Intervention. Snappier dresser too.

snappy dresser indeed

I've only seen a handful of Floyd Sr's fights but I was impressed by how fast he was. I feel like Floyd was beating Leonard to the punch quite a bit, or at least throwing just as fast, but didn't have the fire power to make Ray respect him in there. I guess you can argue he was taking power off to be faster and Ray was sitting on everything making him a little slower.

But regardless Floyd Sr. was faster than his brother and his son. Then again both his brother and his son are the technically superior and better boxers.

Combo at the end was sick. You don't get many of them for a pound.

I actually met Vinny Paz once; he was pretty nice to us but you can definitely tell the guy has lots demons and a hair trigger for a temper. Makes him a slightly nerve racking guy to be around.

Greg Haugen talks about him like he was a child though. lol

Paz is a great rapper.

[YT]BsK-OxJQJP8[/YT]

Good but not great. Roger had a bit if a glass jaw. You can see him get blitzed by Rocky Lockridge in 1 round. But when his chin held up he did well, like being able to drop Whitaker and give him fits throughout the fight.

Whitaker dropped him too if i remember correctly. That's how you know you're chinny.

Paz is a great rapper.

[YT]BsK-OxJQJP8[/YT]

geico.hecko_.dance_.gif

God that is sad to see. I was never able to laugh at that.

It's depressing as hell but I cant help it. The cry itself is too funny for me. I am stupid simpleton and perhaps my sense of humor is very simple as well.. Maybe it's not ethical to laugh at that but damn. Is there funnier cry anywhere in the world?

That street fight of his was beatiful. Made short work of his opponent. Dont fuck with retired boxers!

Roger was a big underachiever. Very talented physically talented and fairly skilled, but he allegedly had a terrible work ethic, and he didn't take a good punch. He still showed a fair amount of heart in most fights (he did quit against JCC, but only after a bad beating when he was more or less done). He had a lot of power considering his seemingly poor physical shape, and he was world class when he was on (he won a few titles here and there). Floyd Sr. gave Leonard a reasonably challenge for a few rounds, but he was in prison for most of what would have been his prime. Floyd Sr. couldn't punch for much, but he was very quick, and relatively skilled from what I've seen. Neither were close to being in the same class as Floyd.

Where's all the love for The Great Jeff Mayweather?

I liked Greg Haugen. Not the best fighter out there but he gave his all.

The first Camacho fight was a robbery.

The ref even took a point off for not touching gloves, IN THE 12th ROUND!

The first Camacho fight was a robbery.

The ref even took a point off for not touching gloves, IN THE 12th ROUND!

Shit. I forgot all about that.

Fighters actually are supposed to touch gloves in the 12th though.

Still pretty ridiculous.

Roger was pretty good. He did lose but the fight against Pernell is an underrated classic.

He was pretty well past it by the time he fought Tszyu.

I think you see more Roger in the current version of Floyd.

To me Floyd looks so much like his father even without his trademark defence that he has from his father. Their jabs looks similar, they fight similar on the inside they have even the same facial expression when they punch nowadays Floyd throws less combinations than Sr but in his earlier career he did and they still are very very similar it's quite obvious that it was Sr who taught his son boxing from the beginning and not Roger

Back