How good were the Mayweathers

EleazarI**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the only losses I can think off hand were against good fighters, SRL Chavez, Whitaker etc

Floyd is actually the least talented Mayweather

Good but not great. Roger had a bit if a glass jaw. You can see him get blitzed by Rocky Lockridge in 1 round. But when his chin held up he did well, like being able to drop Whitaker and give him fits throughout the fight.

Roger was pretty good. He did lose but the fight against Pernell is an underrated classic.

He was pretty well past it by the time he fought Tszyu.

I think you see more Roger in the current version of Floyd.

lol I always forget about Pernell cracking the ref with a stray left hand....

God that is sad to see. I was never able to laugh at that.

Only problem with it for me is boxers probably have to deal with this kind of shit alot. The guy on the floor however,simply got what he asked for.

I've only seen a handful of Floyd Sr's fights but I was impressed by how fast he was. I feel like Floyd was beating Leonard to the punch quite a bit, or at least throwing just as fast, but didn't have the fire power to make Ray respect him in there. I guess you can argue he was taking power off to be faster and Ray was sitting on everything making him a little slower.

But regardless Floyd Sr. was faster than his brother and his son. Then again both his brother and his son are the technically superior and better boxers.

Roger Mayweather was really Floyd Jr's prototype:

*well if you have faith that Floyd Jr is fighting the better competition.

Roger Mayweather was really Floyd Jr's prototype:

*well if you have faith that Floyd Jr is fighting the better competition.

Thats a good fight too. Never cared for Pazienza.

Roger didn't stop Paz but he did manage to KO Lou Duva at least.

Thats a good fight too. Never cared for Pazienza.

Roger didn't stop Paz but he did manage to KO Lou Duva at least.

I actually met Vinny Paz once; he was pretty nice to us but you can definitely tell the guy has lots demons and a hair trigger for a temper. Makes him a slightly nerve racking guy to be around.

Greg Haugen talks about him like he was a child though. lol

They were good. Floyd Sr. had a pretty serious drug problem and active social "street" life that probably kept him from reaching his full potential.

Roger was probably too mean for his own good. Boxing was very much a fight for him and if he had approached it differently he might have been even more successful.

Jeff was good, but maybe wasn't mean enough.

All of the Mayweather's despite how they may act have really brilliant boxing minds. Their personalities are difficult.

Jeff wasn't that good. He lost to my boy Joey Gamache.

I actually met Vinny Paz once; he was pretty nice to us but you can definitely tell the guy has lots demons and a hair trigger for a temper. Makes him a slightly nerve racking guy to be around.

Greg Haugen talks about him like he was a child though. lol

I liked Greg Haugen. Not the best fighter out there but he gave his all.

and hes still knocking fools out even to this day

I don't think that's Lockridge. The Intervention episode showed he had a stroke and was partially disabled. Dude in the video looks fully functional. Probably another former boxer though.

Back