How good was this Korean Taekwondo teams kicking by todays standards,?

The TKD fighters kick better and faster. Now let's not compare to a K1 fighter who kicks without much technique aiming at just strength

The TKD fighters kick better and faster. Now let's not compare to a K1 fighter who kicks without much technique aiming at just strength
You win the award for dumbest post in a dumb thread. Congratulations.

Why are there so many stalkers in here? Do you really have nothing better to do than dig through my post history and follow me around here?

Stay with the subject. The subject is the Olympic Korean Taekwondo team of 1988.
Sorry I am in the hospital right now I was sparring a local muay Thai champ and he blocked a super powerful kick I threw with his forearm needless to say my shins are pretty much destroyed. As a warrior and fighter I am not used to the pain bruising and swelling brings. Naturally at the hospital I requested fentanyl, the doctors wouldn't give me any I doubt they understand the the of pain of slight bruising.

Snubnoze707,

At least my post is better than your asshole

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Last edited:
The introduction of padding into taekwando changed the whole game. Knockouts and inflicting attritional damage was much harder. This affected the style of kicking used.

Quick kicks that would score points became preferred to slightly slower kicks that deployed higher levels of power.

Ya know, like when your grandmother gives you an ugly ass sweater for your birthday and it goes into the trash later that evening. Thanks, but no thanks.
Lol, nearly choked on my beer reading that.

The introduction of padding into taekwando changed the whole game. Knockouts and inflicting attritional damage was much harder. This affected the style of kicking used.

Quick kicks that would score points became preferred to slightly slower kicks that deployed higher levels of power.

Lots of KO's in padded Taekwondo 80-90s. What killed it was point detectors on the vests in the 2000s. People stopped aiming for knockouts.

Buakaw, sittichai, superbon, yodsanklai, petrosyan, petpanomrung, kaew, Cro Cop and some of the other good kickers during the golden heavyweight kickboxing days.

Just because TKD kicks are more flashy and look good doesn't mean they're more effective than muaythai kicks.

tea kwon do kicks are more about precision and speed, muai thai kicks are about pure damage.

tea kwon do kicks are more about precision and speed, muai thai kicks are about pure damage.
Muaythai kicks can be all those things depending on the person. Just like how some boxers are faster or more powerful than others.

Back