How good was Michael Jordan's era?

Your dumbfuck opinion is neither factual nor objective. If you hadn't skipped school to escape your bullies, you'd know the difference between fact, objectivity and dumbfuck opinion.

Not going to address any of your dumbfuck opinions. We've been through this several times over the years in several threads. You are in the intelligence spectrum of Ryan Hollins, the only other dumbfuck to say MJ is not the GOAT. Yeah, that's how dumb you are. Ryan Hollins level of dumb, but you are uglier than that dumbfuck. Sad.

Lmao when Shaq refers to the modern era as "cupcake basketball".

Hand checking among other things. The thread was about how good Jordan's era was. He would have scored much more under the current rules. Hand checking makes defending a quicker player much, much easier. The greater spacing in today's game, more players out on the perimeter would have opened the middle up. More space and easier to drive without the hand checking would have made Jordan even more of a force. This is just one aspect of it but I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

Is this what you were asking?

I sorta mentioned it when talking about the physicality and that vid but yeah they did more than hand checking they would body you (press up), bump you, whatever to take you off your game. You're absolutely correct that it was man to man coverage by the rules back then but that did not mean you couldn't help. Jordan would be double, tripled teamed especially on his weaker teams and if that failed they took you out.

1-1 defense also meant you wanted athletic players. There wasn't really room to hide so this idea that today's athletes are better doesn't hold weight. Today a weak defender can be protected in a scheme so you can draft a player like that.

Btw I learned from this thread that Jordan could not compete with today's super athletes like Kyle Kuzma, Gonzo Ball, Rajon Rondo, JJ Redick, Steph Curry, Clay Thompson, Draymond Green, Ricky Rubio, Jokic, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard...and going back a little further Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Ginobili, Tony Parker, Tim Duncan. I could continue the list but you get the picture.

That's no disrespect to them as players, except maybe Gonzo.

This shit's hilarious. Jordan would have lit up today's league for 40-50 pts a game.

Hand checking among other things. The thread was about how good Jordan's era was. He would have scored much more under the current rules. Hand checking makes defending a quicker player much, much easier. The greater spacing in today's game, more players out on the perimeter would have opened the middle up. More space and easier to drive without the hand checking would have made Jordan even more of a force. This is just one aspect of it but I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

Is this what you were asking?

Changing the argument lmao

Hand Checking was always illegal,

Part 2 in the thread

Basically, you're a fucking moron. I fucking despise the fact you don't know a god damn thing about basketball but pretend you do. It's like arguing with my dad who hasn't watched a fucking game since 1998. Even the fucking metrics show that it is not the case. Just fucking stop.

It was a tough era. Jordan of course benefited from star treatment, like any other mega star, but he was still legit. Guy could do it all.

It was a tough era. Jordan of course benefited from star treatment, like any other mega star, but he was still legit. Guy could do it all.

except shoot 3s and make others around him better

Lmao when Shaq refers to the modern era as "cupcake basketball".

Cupcake basketball is the perfect term for this modern era. Also, “Rodman and Pippen played like men,” let’s you know what Shaq thinks of the “men” playing modern “basketball.”

Only old fruitcakes or dumbfuck millennials defend this era over the 90s. Which one are you @Bamboozled ?

Here's a hilarious video exposing this nonsense that Jordan played iso ball and that he couldn't hang with today's supposedly complex defenses. This guy took the voice of another video praising Kobe and who was making those same arguments against Jordan and he overlays it on Jordan's plays where he's getting double triple quadruple teamed. Fucking gold.

Here's a hilarious video exposing this nonsense that Jordan played iso ball and that he couldn't hang with today's supposedly complex defenses. This guy took the voice of another video praising Kobe and who was making those same arguments against Jordan and he overlays it on Jordan's plays where he's getting double triple quadruple teamed. Fucking gold.

Thanks for wasting my time. That video was fucking dumb. Neither guy played successfully in todays league. Later in Kobe's career, a criticism was that he wasn't adapting to what other teams were doing.

Yes
He played in a weak expansion era, where team defense was against the rules.

He played in a low paced era in the 90s which makes his numbers impressive

He played in a high pace era in the 80s which made him less of an offensive threat than James har_en, but he was a great defender

Things change, and the NBA has changed. Because of him. We now have more talent than ever. Because of him

If Jordan was dumped into todays game, he would be Demar DeRozan.

If Jordan grew up and trained like today's athletes, he would be Demar DeRozan..

People don't seem to grasp the fact that the GOAT playing in an era when basketball was niche, the talent level was low, would have trouble with 100x the level of people playing worldwide.

You can rule an era of a niche sport, doesn't make you LeBron in an era, of a worldwide sport
GTFO!!!! The ignorance of this comment. Michael Jordan nearing and at the age of 40. FORTY!!!! The man was still holding his own in the league. At 40 dropping 40. In the same era that Kobe, T-Mac, A.I. thrived

Cut the shit.

Weak era, some great individual players but shitty defenses and shitty teams with mediocre coaching.

If you think George Mikan would be good in the 90s is basically the equivalent of Jordan being good today.

But Jordan apparently was so competitive every thing was serious.

Jordan fuckbois have zero logic.
You're ignorant and I'll in no way a fan of basketball. Silence yourself

only those who watched back then can judge and compare
there definitely isn't anybody like him. one that reminded of him was kobe.
players today can have good statistics, but they aren't dominators and not as mentally strong as him
i also think the defense back then was much harder, todays game is maybe faster because the defense is weaker and passing around is easier
he was also the definition of a team leader
Well the NBA basically removed defense from the game. The offensive player has ALL the advantages including the ability to carry and travel. Higher scoring equals more viewers equals more $$$$.

The San Antonio Spurs vs. The Detroit Pistons NBA finals I believe was 2005.
Two defensive power houses in the "semi modern era".

Lowest ratings EVER!!!! The NBA looked to fix that right AWAY!!! Believe me.

Changing the argument lmao

Hand Checking was always illegal,

Part 2 in the thread

Basically, you're a fucking moron. I fucking despise the fact you don't know a god damn thing about basketball but pretend you do. It's like arguing with my dad who hasn't watched a fucking game since 1998. Even the fucking metrics show that it is not the case. Just fucking stop.

LOL man, not changing nothing. You though team defense and help defense were illegal, shows how much you know. I was trying to be nice earlier but given that you thought this you obviously don't understand the game and have not played. You can still body players in the NBA BTW. Good defensive players use their chest. Watch a game and keep and eye out for it.

Keep up with your youtube studies and you'll eventually learn a little maybe.

LOL man, not changing nothing. You though team defense and help defense were illegal, shows how much you know. I was trying to be nice earlier but given that you thought this you obviously don't understand the game and have not played. You can still body players in the NBA BTW. Good defensive players use their chest. Watch a game and keep and eye out for it.

Keep up with your youtube studies and you'll eventually learn a little maybe.

No you dumb mother fucker, illegal defense is illegal defense. You are arguing semantics because you don't even know what team or "help" (which I didn't use but understood but another poster meant) is. NOBODY EVER SAID YOU CAN OR CANT BODY UP PLAYERS YOU DENSE OLD FUCK. THE SPACING MAKES DEFENSIVE POSTURING LIKE THAT RETARDED.

Fuck you're dumb. You refuse to learn when I have given you my opinion, based on facts, others opinions, using examples based on fact, and even VIDEO EVIDENCE and you continue to try and change the argument claiming I don't know what the fuck I am talking about.

You're ignorant and I'll in no way a fan of basketball. Silence yourself
Not an argument but typical from brainlets who post here about basketball.

No you dumb mother fucker, illegal defense is illegal defense. You are arguing semantics because you don't even know what team or "help" (which I didn't use but understood but another poster meant) is. NOBODY EVER SAID YOU CAN OR CANT BODY UP PLAYERS YOU DENSE OLD FUCK. THE SPACING MAKES DEFENSIVE POSTURING LIKE THAT RETARDED.

Fuck you're dumb. You refuse to learn when I have given you my opinion, based on facts, others opinions, using examples based on fact, and even VIDEO EVIDENCE and you continue to try and change the argument claiming I don't know what the fuck I am talking about.

Not an argument but typical from brainlets who post here about basketball.

Dang, tried to school you a little on the game and you throw a tantrum. Kids these days.....

Dang, tried to school you a little on the game and you throw a tantrum. Kids these days.....

You didn't do shit, you didn't provide any actual analysis just some bullshit emotional notion that defense was somehow better when it objectively wasn't. I gave you every resource available and you just continue on with the bullshit. It's frustrating when someone is trying to educate and others refuse to learn. I took a half day from work and wasted part of it trying to discuss this issue with you and it was wasted time. I fucking HATE the current state of the NBA and how its played but its objectively more difficult to score and its an entirely different league than the 80s and 90s.

You didn't do shit, you didn't provide any actual analysis just some bullshit emotional notion that defense was somehow better when it objectively wasn't. I gave you every resource available and you just continue on with the bullshit. It's frustrating when someone is trying to educate and others refuse to learn. I took a half day from work and wasted part of it trying to discuss this issue with you and it was wasted time. I fucking HATE the current state of the NBA and how its played but its objectively more difficult to score and its an entirely different league than the 80s and 90s.

LOL! Don't you understand that the current defensive rules in the NBA were created specifically with players like Jordan in mind? David Stern pushed for these changes because of Jordan. The rules are designed to make it easier for players like him. Stern has said one of his greatest regrets was not pushing for the changes sooner.

Jordan would have crushed it in todays league.

LOL! Don't you understand that the current defensive rules in the NBA were created specifically with players like Jordan in mind? David Stern pushed for these changes because of Jordan. The rules are designed to make it easier for players like him. Stern has said one of his greatest regrets was not pushing for the changes sooner.

Jordan would have crushed it in todays league.

In 2001, when he was coming back on a retirement tour to play with the Washington Wizard, before teams started utilizing more zone defense concepts and Tom Thibodeau was the only one really using these defensive schemes, and the league didn't utilize the 3 as much as they started to in 2011. Where the scoring average went down 5 points from the previous decade? Those rules? Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Honestly, you don't know shit about basketball, and its ironic you said I never played.

You can't objectively look at players and their skill sets nor the data proving people like me right. Take a step back and ask yourself if Jordan was a better scorer than a guy like Durant. He isn't. He never would be. He's a marketing wonder and a great for his time. Luka is better than Jordan, plays in a tougher era, with more talent, and more skilled opposition. Stop with this make believe shit. You and that fucking moron @robertcop2 live in a fantasy land where you want Jordan to fuck your wife or something ridiculous.

Jordan OBJECTIVELY had a poor 3 point shot, OBJECTIVELY played against worse athletes, schemes, and talent, and he OBJECTIVELY had a better team for 8 years than the rest of the league but he's credited for all of the success.

Jordan couldn't make it out of the first round when he had to carry a team. That's an OBJECTIVE fact.

Nobody was blaming Jordan for their lack of playoff success early in his career, he played on awful teams (other than Charles Oakley you couldn’t name a teammate before Pippen got there). I figured this up not too long ago and prior to the first title he averaged (at worst, in the playoffs) 35 ppg on 50%+ FG, 6 reb, 7 ast, 2.5 stl, and 1 blk. He’d already been league MVP, DPOY, and scoring champ 3 or 4 times on top of hitting one of the most iconic shots in college b-ball history to win a national championship

Durant’s one of the best scorers the league has ever seen, is he better than MJ - I don’t know, it’s close. He’s certainly not a better overall player or competitor, he made the biggest dick tuck move in NBA history to join the Warriors for his rings

In 2001, when he was coming back on a retirement tour to play with the Washington Wizard, before teams started utilizing more zone defense concepts and Tom Thibodeau was the only one really using these defensive schemes, and the league didn't utilize the 3 as much as they started to in 2011. Where the scoring average went down 5 points from the previous decade? Those rules? Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Honestly, you don't know shit about basketball, and its ironic you said I never played.

Dude, you are the one that confused help defense with zone defense. What's embarrassing is you had to research it and look for sources to explain it. The you suggest I don't know hoops???? Your the one needing to do research man. lol.

Back