How good was Michael Jordan's era?

You answered your own question. Comparing the competition for Team USA before, world has obviously caught up. You can now easily make a Team World that can challenge or actually beat Team USA, unlike before. Have you forgotten how Team USA lost in FIBA last year? That Team was composed of NBA players. Everyone was an NBA player on that team, and they still lost. You could point that that wasn't USA's Team A or something, but still the fact that they were consisted of pros from the best league in the world and still lost has something to say about the competition. While teams like Spain, Brazil, Serbia, Greece didn't have that advantage of having a team FULL of NBA players, they still had a few with them.

You can see it every Olympics/FIBA, the world has always been catching up. Even in 2008, when Team USA had its best team with the likes of prime Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo, Dwight, etc. and Spain still managed to make it a very competitive game, despite having the inferior talent. It was obvious. Remember when Dream Team were owning every damn country in Olympics, and then every after the game the opposing players wanted to take pictures with their idols lol, that sht doesn't work today anymore. These international teams look at Team USA as fellow competitors, a team that is NOT impossible to beat.

Dream Team inspired players all over the world and it's improved the NBA. I think about 25% of the players in the league are foreign born. I think you need to look at more info than just the FIBA tournament. Plus, it comes in the summer after the NBA payers just had an 82 game season plus playoffs.

The rest of the world has caught up to the US? Which country can beat a team of the US' best players? Seriously, could a professional Euro team beat a D-league team?

I used to be so into bball back then. favorite team was the Bulls. Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Paxton, Armstrong & I forget the rest.

Jordan would literally fuck with rival teams, as if he would never take them seriously. I remember that game where all he did was just keep hitting 3s.

I used to be so into bball back then. favorite team was the Bulls. Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Paxton, Armstrong & I forget the rest.

Jordan would literally fuck with rival teams, as if he would never take them seriously. I remember that game where all he did was just keep hitting 3s.
Game 1 1992 Finals vs Blazers. Hit 6 threes in the first half. I'd just started following the NBA and Clyde Drexler is my favorite player in NBA history. It was a rough night

{<shrug}

Game 1 1992 Finals vs Blazers. Hit 6 threes in the first half. I'd just started following the NBA and Clyde Drexler is my favorite player in NBA history. It was a rough night

{<shrug}

dude I literally was thinking about "The Glide" when typing that up. that motherfucker had me shitting bricks during that rivalry haha

Weak era, some great individual players but shitty defenses and shitty teams with mediocre coaching.

If you think George Mikan would be good in the 90s is basically the equivalent of Jordan being good today.

But Jordan apparently was so competitive every thing was serious.

Jordan fuckbois have zero logic.

Weak era, some great individual players but shitty defenses and shitty teams with mediocre coaching.

If you think George Mikan would be good in the 90s is basically the equivalent of Jordan being good today.

what the fuck would imply that I'm a "Jordan fuckboi"? considering I literally mentioned how "I was into bball back then" & that this is probably my first post ever in the sports section ever - which would imply I don't follow basketball anymore, & I'm going off by my memory from when I was.

why the fuck would that upset you? you have qualities of a little babybitch. aka, a true "fuckboi".

Lol. All the respect in the world to Mikan for being a pioneer, but he would have been a bench warmer(at best) in the era of Hakeem, The Admiral, Malone, Ewing, etc. MJ would pawn physically gifted, but mentally weak, players today. There's only a handful of guys today that would even be competitive against MJ; and that's 20+ years later.

what the fuck would imply that I'm a "Jordan fuckboi"? considering I literally mentioned how "I was into bball back then" & that this is probably my first post ever in the sports section ever - which would imply I don't follow basketball anymore, & I'm going off by my memory from when I was.

why the fuck would that upset you? you have qualities of a little babybitch. aka, a true "fuckboi".

umad

Lol. All the respect in the world to Mikan for being a pioneer, but he would have been a bench warmer(at best) in the era of Hakeem, The Admiral, Malone, Ewing, etc. MJ would pawn physically gifted, but mentally weak, players today. There's only a handful of guys today that would even be competitive against MJ; and that's 20+ years later.

Jordan would be shot out of the gym in todays leeg

Dream Team inspired players all over the world and it's improved the NBA. I think about 25% of the players in the league are foreign born. I think you need to look at more info than just the FIBA tournament. Plus, it comes in the summer after the NBA payers just had an 82 game season plus playoffs.

The rest of the world has caught up to the US? Which country can beat a team of the US' best players? Seriously, could a professional Euro team beat a D-league team?
I literally just mentioned evidences of how the world has caught up to USA, and here you are asking the same question lol can you read or what?

So your excuse that Team USA lost because their players played 82 games plus playoffs? So you mean there were no 82 games in the past which is why USA was winning blowouts after blowouts? lmao what an excuse. You act like these international teams don't have NBA players on their team as well.

Spain, Australia, Serbia "CAN" beat Team USA. But of course you won't agree because for you, it is impossible to beat USA. We are no longer in the 80s/90s. World has caught up and they sure can beat Team USA. Talent alone doesn't always win you championships or gold medals. The way international teams play with ball movement and shooting has proven to be Team USA's nightmare. Stop with your denial and ignorance.

AFrReIs.png

What? You can't even talk shit at a 3rd grade level.
if you think that's '3rd grade level' then you must be in preschool.

or English must be your second language.

probably both.

I literally just mentioned evidences of how the world has caught up to USA, and here you are asking the same question lol can you read or what?

So your excuse that Team USA lost because their players played 82 games plus playoffs? So you mean there were no 82 games in the past which is why USA was winning blowouts after blowouts? lmao what an excuse. You act like these international teams don't have NBA players on their team as well.

Spain, Australia, Serbia "CAN" beat Team USA. But of course you won't agree because for you, it is impossible to beat USA. We are no longer in the 80s/90s. World has caught up and they sure can beat Team USA. Talent alone doesn't always win you championships or gold medals. The way international teams play with ball movement and shooting has proven to be Team USA's nightmare. Stop with your denial and ignorance.

AFrReIs.png

Caught up to the US in basketball? WTF??? You really think Spain, Australia and Serbia are equal to the US in Basketball? Fuck you are stupid.

Caught up to the US in basketball? WTF??? You really think Spain, Australia and Serbia are equal to the US in Basketball? Fuck you are stupid.
This proves your lack of reading comprehension. Go back to high school you old fart stuck in nostalgia

The 90's are an overrated era. Jordan was also that much better than everyone he was playing against. He'd still be better than everyone today.

This proves your lack of reading comprehension. Go back to high school you old fart stuck in nostalgia

Come on kid, saying the world has caught up to the US in hoops? That as just too silly man. Bring a ball next time and I can show you this old fart still has game. I'll be surprised if you could even get a shot off against me.

Did Michael Jordan play in a weak era, or was he just that much better than everyone else?
There’s a pretty solid NBA Analyst/expect on Twitter that says he played against used car salesmen. So there’s that.

Michael Jordan’s era was filled with janitors, fast food workers and mail men. Most of the cans in that era wouldn’t even be able to make a G level roster today. Could only imagine the numbers LeGoat could put up being guarded by the likes of Hornacek, Marjerle or Gminski

Back