Media How GOOD was Khabib Nurmagomedov Actually? (Video)

he may have fewer title defenses than some, but his dominance is unmatched

He'd probably lose to any top 15 lightweight in today's era, the sport has evolved too much

Reactions: TR1
Was utterly dominant and retired an undefeated champion, and was never into PEDs (;)).
Pretty good, methinks.

Unbeatable by any man in the world under 155

Good but wasted his talent by retiring early

Unfortunately we will never know how good he is. He retired once he started facing top competition. Sure his last three fights were impressive but he also started losing rounds.

This guy has what? 4-6 top wins??? How the fuck is he the GOAT??

Khabib trained with the best of the best since day 1 while Conor started much later, only had yes men in his team, won two belts, went up the weight class and made the sport more popular.

Yeah, what Conor achieved is more impressive for me.

Conor was also given a favorable path to the title, whereas Khabib beat striker, grappler, you name it. He also defended his title and cleared out his division. Khabib has beaten everyone in the current top 5 of his division + Conor when he was ranked. Also, Conor towered over most of his FW opponents, Brimage is 5'4, Mendes 5'6, Siver 5'5 (I think), whereas McGregor is 5'9. Marketing wise McGregor did more for the sport and his overall contribution may be greater, but in terms of pure fighting, Khabib takes it any day. If training partners hindered Conor, he could have done something about it.

Unfortunately we will never know how good he is. He retired once he started facing top competition. Sure his last three fights were impressive but he also started losing rounds.

Hasn't he only lost 1 round?

"How good was XXX" - one of the most retarded questions in mma community.

LOL what?

This is bizzaro land.

He lost a round to Conor and a round to Justin. According to the official scorecards.

Lost a round where Conor cheated non stop you mean.

Khabib ran over Justin.

His fights with Tibau, RDA and Healy were less dominant overall.

The best ever

Another few wins and he's goat

However, imo I would rather be the best in my prime than have the most title defences

Khabib is number 1
Agree.

people get “best ever” and “greatest ever” mixed up. Imo, khabib is the BEST ever(dominance, skill) but he’s not the greatest ever because his resume isn’t quite as good as some other fighters.

khabib is TBE, not GOAT

Agree.

people get “best ever” and “greatest ever” mixed up. Imo, khabib is the BEST ever(dominance, skill) but he’s not the greatest ever because his resume isn’t quite as good as some other fighters.

khabib is TBE, not GOAT

100% brother

Back