How good was Dan Henderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good.

Gave us this:

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

And his split second hesitation to do this the second time cost him his retirement fight championship title ... a fight Dan clearly WON and was robbed by the Judges.

That was yet another fight I had a ton of cash on Dan and he won the fight .. and again I was robbed by the Judges.

Great fighter but fell short multiple times in big fights and never had a title reign

Dan is a top 3 fav fighter of mine.

the dude is one of the toughest men of all time. He would fight anyone and is more than a legend of the sport.

that was a sick fight for wanderlei though, lol. dan did good to somewhat stay in that fight, but that version of wanderlei was just too much for him. he clearly did a lot better in their second fight.
Wand was not the same fighter in their second fight unfortunately, but dan never really had a peak did he? I’d say maybe around the second wand fight I guess

He had better wins then Randy Couture since he beated Fedor and Shogun same year back in 2011

he was very very good...actually got better with age. Sadly he never seemed to get the hang of combining his great wrestling with his powerful striking. Instead he tended to choose one or the other for fights. he either wrestle humped or did sloppy brawling. If he would have transitioned between these skillsets better he would have been even better.

I think his body was too shot to effectively wrestle in the later part of his career.

One of the best ever, used TRT to elongate his career for sure. Durable, scrappy Mofo. Him vs Fedor hurt to watch lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back