How good was Dan Henderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't. Before PEDs he won boring decisions, many of which he clearly should have lost; and after PEDs he was getting KO'd. The only time he was consistently dangerous was when he was juiced up.

He had some boring fights due to his wrestling base and fighting a Pride murderers row. He also put Renzo’s lights out to the point of concern when he was very young in his career.

Strangely Ped Vitor>>>>>Ped Dan

But it feels wrong?

He wasn't that good for quite some time, received tons of BS split decision wins that makes his record look good on paper. But then, got on TRT and had a crazy resurgence where he was actually super scary. Before that, he mostly just decision'd people.

Best win list in MMA history. Pretty fucking good.

Last edited:
P4P one the best the sport has ever seen

Resume is top notch, fought the best of the best

Is he the GOAT MW/LHW/HW? Not even close, but he's the epitome of fighter and what fighters should be.

Exactly.

I call it “Hendo-weight GOAT”

He’s really unique in that. Belts at 183 (GP) and 205 and beat two of the best HWs ever. But not exactly a legend in any of them.

No one else comes close.

Depends on when you first watched Dan fight. The first I watched of his was Hendo vs. Wanderlei 1, i was amazed by his ability to take damage. He pretty much started out at 170 and fought as high as heavyweight. He's on all time great, given the first Shogun fight is in the HOF. Hendo also has the greatest one punch knockout in UFC history, if you watched UFC back then. That knockout over Bisping was incredible to watch live (on PPV)

An absolute beast. One of the greatest fighters in the history of MMA. Essentially a MW who fought at LHW and HW.

The only knocks is obviously the TRT use and that he fought way past his prime.
Absolutely agree with this. He was essentially a MW- since he himself said he walked around 200-205 pounds. He was also 5 foot 10.5 inches tall, and never complained about his lack of size when he faced bigger guys than him. An absolute legend. One of the all-time greats.

He beat Fedor a guy most consider is the GOAT. So I guess he's pretty good.

Tough, fearless, dangerous. Could have been even better with some fine tuning here and there. Lost some fights he would have won if tuned in.

Hendo was one of my all time favs .... Brutal ko over Renzo...
I'll never understand wtf he was doing with the two or three overhand feints against Trtvitor right before he got smacked

He was massively overrated. Like bigger than the Titanic overrated. So overrated that 9/11 was a pimple on Dan's overrated ass.

That is exactly how I do not feel about Dan Henderson. Or, his career.

Legendary fighter.

Went from Decision Dan to Hendo Bomb in a short time frame.

The guy has fought everyone in two or three different eras. His career goes all the way back to 1997 and by the time he joined the UFC he had 28 hard fought wars with some of the most famous MMA fighters.

19 year career at the top level is insane.

I love Han Denderson

He wasn't. Before PEDs he won boring decisions, many of which he clearly should have lost; and after PEDs he was getting KO'd. The only time he was consistently dangerous was when he was juiced up.

My opinion, too, but it’s an unpopular one. I’ve never under understood the pass some PED cheats get.

Whats your thoughts?

Sure he was on TRT but so was everybody.

one of the greats, but also lost some huge fights (rampage, anderson, vitor x2, etc). and i personally can't get over the fact that he's a known cheap-shot guy.

His first fight with wanderlei was so sick. He was really good, and definitely did better at 205 than 185 for some reason.

that was a sick fight for wanderlei though, lol. dan did good to somewhat stay in that fight, but that version of wanderlei was just too much for him. he clearly did a lot better in their second fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back