How good was C.M. Punk?

Every time this questioned is posed I respond with this:

I have trained martial arts very moderately (comparatively) in my life and I would bet the house I would beat him in any facet of MMA.

Answer: he sucks ass. I know literally 40 random dudes from my old gym that would destroy him.
This. After watching his second fight I don’t believe he has a legit blue belt for a second. What a stupid farce that whole thing was

He’s easily the worst fighter to ever fight on a UFC card. Most people posting here could easily beat him with 2 weeks training.

You gotta remember that he had a lot of injuries from pro wrestling. His body had a ton of mileage on it, there were certain things he just couldn't do physically.

There are guys in my gym who didn't start training until their 30's/40's that can still compete with younger guys, but they aren't shop worn like CM Punk was. It makes a much bigger difference than just his age alone.
Yeah but that’s even more reason for him to have never been in the UFC.

Plus he looked like he barely knew any bjj and that was supposed to be his strong suit.

he did have one of the goat entrances.i mean how crazy was it he used his wwe music with ufc.

If he could have got to 155, he was khabib’s kryptonite.

these amateur wrestlers are no match for the pros

With maybe the exception of James Toney, I think you can make a real argument that Punk was the worst fighter in UFC history.
Toney is way better then Punk .... he received a terrible style match

Everybody here saying they would beat CM Punk.......and it’s true. Sherdoggers can strike, grapple and bench 450lbs. Unfortunately we are not in his weight class as we are all +225lbs lean body mass.

“From what I remember Punk was in line for great things in his mma career”

Utter nonsense.

It's a shame he didn't move to a regional org after his second loss and try to pick up some more fight experience, but I guess the prospect of not getting half a mil to show made it less appealing for him.

Agree with the general assessment, no real special athletic prowess, far too late in his life and hampered by a number of lingering injuries from his WWE days. The worst fighter to ever make the walk.

Been seeing a lot of these "How good was ......" threads lately. Figured I would give a crack at one. From what I remember Punk was in line for great things in his mma career. Right up until he fought Micky Gall. Then it just seemed like he could never get things going. I wonder how far he could have if had not been for that fight.

One of the giants.
CMPunk is on my personal Mount Trashmore of mma.

Their are sherdoggers who never trained a day in their lives who could get off of their couches and beat CM Punk

I'm 5'11 and about 170 pounds, when I was in my late teens early 20s I trained no gi bjj, wrestling, and a little kick/boxing. Was never good at any of them, but could do ok not to get completely destroyed most of the time. I have no doubt in my mind I would fucking throttle CM Punk.

Every time this questioned is posed I respond with this:

I have trained martial arts very moderately (comparatively) in my life and I would bet the house I would beat him in any facet of MMA.

Answer: he sucks ass. I know literally 40 random dudes from my old gym that would destroy him.
If you train for a long time you will probably end up meeting people who could beat someone like Mike Perry for example without much issue and people always say your wrong but they never know what they are talking about until they do meet those people. Probably depends on what gym you train at or how many.

Back