How good was C.M. Punk?

ROBOCOP

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of these "How good was ......" threads lately. Figured I would give a crack at one. From what I remember Punk was in line for great things in his mma career. Right up until he fought Micky Gall. Then it just seemed like he could never get things going. I wonder how far he could have if had not been for that fight.

Every time this questioned is posed I respond with this:

I have trained martial arts very moderately (comparatively) in my life and I would bet the house I would beat him in any facet of MMA.

Answer: he sucks ass. I know literally 40 random dudes from my old gym that would destroy him.

Its crazy to see a guy who.did aerobatics in wwe and looked graceful doing brutal physical stunts look like his shoelaces were tied together and punched like his arms were numb. I'm long away from my peak training form and sparring but i swear I feel like I would.have absolutely startched him myself and I'm just a random dude in decent shape posting on forum.

I like CM Punk, but you can tell he mechanically isn't wired up to throw a punch. It's that muscle memory thing when you figure out how to do something. I remember not being able to throw a punch at all well into my 20s, and I saw the same thing when he tried to throw. Kind of like learning to swing a ball bat. He was just too old, and battle warn to learn, and have any success.

He had no athleticism, no BJJ despite training 2 years his striking was terrible. I honestly think I would have done better against Mike Jackson, especially on the ground where he couldn't lock up a simple triangle and tried some weird reverse guillotine that doesn't work

I have trained martial arts very moderately (comparatively) in my life and I would bet the house I would beat him in any facet of MMA.

Answer: he sucks ass. I know literally 40 random dudes from my old gym that would destroy him.
I know 40 guys at the retirement home that would whoop CM Punk

Had the most feared straight right in the sport.

GOAT material no doubt.

This sums it up.

Never sparred or rolled with anyone as bad as Phil Brooks.

Even the unskilled guys showed more heart.

In his prime he was one of the GOAT Wrestlers

A level Promoter and Entertainer

Vince sucks

Back