How good was Antonio Silva?

His fight against Overeem was one of the weirdest things I've seen in mma.

Does nothing the first round except to turtle up in the clinch while getting beat up. His corner says "Yeah, everything according to plan".

Second round exactly the same except at the end he starts turning it up. His corner goes "Ok, job done, now do what we planned"

Third round he goes after Reem and destroys him on the feet like some sort of wild animal.

Became a fan for life after that.

You know that debt we'll forever have towards Holly Holm? I got a similar one for Bigfoot as well.

bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

1. He had his ups and downs, but we'll never forget him, just like Holly.
2. Although the gif doesn't show the whole outcome, that was one of the top 5 exciting moments in UFC.

He never fought Ubereem. Reem was off the roids and coming back from suspension when he fought Bigfoot.

Yes, absolutely right glad someone pointed this out. It was literally his first fight back from his suspension.

He did, but he abused TRT and jacked his levels up to an unacceptable level like Vitor did. He doesn't get a pass.
You know that TRT fighters had to do lots of additional testosterone-related tests? (Belfort commented that sometime ago)

I guess it's pretty obvious had they allowed someone to take testosterone and never cared to check their levels we'd experience lots of abuses.

You know that TRT fighters had to do lots of additional testosterone-related tests? (Belfort commented that sometime ago)

I guess it's pretty obvious had they allowed someone to take testosterone and never cared to check their levels we'd experience lots of abuses.

Bigfoot was caught with unacceptable levels of testosterone. He cheated and was caught. Vitor Belfort was caught as well right before the Jones fight but the UFC covered up his test results so that their main event wouldn't fall through.

Bigfoot was caught with unacceptable levels of testosterone. He cheated and was caught. Vitor Belfort was caught as well right before the Jones fight but the UFC covered up his test results so that their main event wouldn't fall through.
Yep, but that was before the TRT, not during it.

The Belfort one is spot on, but then it was against Jones... See what I did there? <Gordonhat>

Yep, but that was before the TRT, not during it.

The Belfort one is spot on, but then it was against Jones... See what I did there? <Gordonhat>

You have no idea what you are talking about. Bigfoot was on TRT when he got caught. He abused the system. Period.

A quality contender at one point who got wrecked by true elites

Overeem who fought Silva was not Uber, nor prime

For his own sake I hope he retired. He was getting brutally KOd way too much.

You know that debt we'll forever have towards Holly Holm? I got a similar one for Bigfoot as well.

bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

1. He had his ups and downs, but we'll never forget him, just like Holly.
2. Although the gif doesn't show the whole outcome, that was one of the top 5 exciting moments in UFC.

I still remember that night. Watching the fights with some friends, everybody was mad at the Reem because of how dismissive of Bigfoot he was in both the pre fight and the first rounds.

When Bigfoot finished him people screamed like it was the World Cup. It was past midnight and suddenly you could hear small groups of people cheering in the buildings nearby. A magical moment.

I still remember that night. Watching the fights with some friends, everybody was mad at the Reem because of how dismissive of Bigfoot he was in both the pre fight and the first rounds.

When Bigfoot finished him people screamed like it was the World Cup. It was past midnight and suddenly you could hear small groups of people cheering in the buildings nearby. A magical moment.
You were not the only ones, I did the exact same thing with my friends back in that night.

And beer only made it better. Winning with beer > winning with kellog's cereals.

Most overated HW in history IMO. He made a name off Fedor, but was slow and ploding. Would lose to every top 10 lhw right now, even in his prime.

When I saw him fight live at Cage Rage I thought because of his physical attributes and crushing top game might end up being the best HW in the world. Serious.

Back