How good was Antonio Silva?

He was above the gatekeeper level but not at the very top of the division.

I'll have to rewatch it, I thought the Browne & Bigfoot fights were basically Reem beating them up for a few rounds, dumping his load against the fences and then eating shots with no guard.

That all happened too. And hell I thought he would be able to win like that. We all expected the Reem to demolish everyone once he landed in the UFC.

Did the surgery really affect him ?
because he had another surgery eariler in his career,i think the TRT ban was the reason.
He went downhill after the surgery. And the weightcut to 265 affected him as well.

Pre-Popeye chicken fatso KO'd the healthy 300lbs Bigfoot.

giphy.gif

Yes, always tuned in to watch Bigfoot fight, he is always entertaining in a strange way.

Bigfoot didn't fight Ubereem.

That was the physically worse looking Alistair we had seen in several years.

Even during the fight, Anik said "looking a lot softer than what we're used to seeing".

Reem looked way better years before he was callled Ubereem than when he fought Bigfoot.

He was long off the horse meat diet by that point.

But yeah, Bigfoot definitely had some good wins.

He would either pull in some good wins or he would get completely bounced out spectacularly, with almost nothing in between.

He was an average fighter but still destroyed prime Gaydor

Shows you how overrated Fedor is

Not sure if this is true, as he tested positive for equipoise, a very common anabolic steroid that boosts red blood cells while increasing strength, etc. I frankly don’t believe his excuse that he had low testosterone because of an illness.

You don’t believe he had acromegaly/gigantism lol?

Well-rounded guy, hespect. I think the Hunt fight derailed his health / career

He's 3-4 against elite heavyweights when he was on TRT. He also clearly beat Hunt (which would've made for 4-4) but got robbed and used a bit too much of that TRT which is why he was extremely durable in that fight.

Going 3-4 against the elite shows that you belong in that group though.

he beat the fuck out of prime Fedor and exposed Fedor for the flat footed bloated light heavyweight he was having beaten one dimensional fighters in Pride and barely surviving guys like Brett Rogers

source.gif

Had he been around in 2004 and gotten finished by prime Fedor in Pride, 82% of Sher Dog would call him a freak show fighter and a can.
untitled.png

He's a decent fighter. He obviously performed better on medication than not. He had a giant dome and it made it easy to throw these looping shots at him. He should quit since he is just getting knocked out left and right from mma to kickboxing. It also doesn't help he debut in kickboxing against a guy with 100 fights pro/amateur.

I thought he was a terrific HW. Good striking and power, real good ground game. Unfortunately for him with the size of his chin you just can't miss him, and obviously his hormones were fucked up bad and after TRT was banned he was nothing.

TRT Bigfoot was a super legit badass and would be top 5 at HW in most eras.

He was surprisingly well rounded. He stood and banged but his ground game was legit as well.

Good enough to escape Easter Island

Back