How good was Antonio Silva?

Reminder Fedor and his camp accused Bigfoot of using voodoo mind techniques in their fight.

His jaw went from granite to glass after the trt ban!???

Never elite, but at his best, a dangerous opponent for any fighter. He won stand-up fights against prime Reem and Arlovski, and brutalized past-prime Fedor with his top game. Nuff said.
No, he doesn't. The only good fight was Fedor.

big, karate background, had weirdly good movement and agility for a HW

underrated imo

Hindered by a poor chin, but has some great wins and that war with Mark Hunt is the best heavyweight fight in the UFC ever.

RealisticDetailedCougar.gif

Explosive guy for his size also love this KO
UbeReem thought he had it a bag and just like Luke, their arrogance paid heavily and like the itsy bitsy spider against the weed man!

regular top 5 or top 10 when he was at his best. the TRT played a role to an extent or else he wouldnt have been using it, but you cant deny the wins he has. inconsistent tho for sure.

The 265 weight limit and trt go together.
Bigfoot is an exception.

His ribcage was GIGANTIC. At 265 his arms were still tiny. He for sure could have benefited from an open weight class.

He was one of my favourite fighters when i first started watching MMA. Sad to see him decline but that's the way it is sometimes.

His Cain fights are sad.

His win against Overeem was great.

Before TRT was banned, and had to get a surgery to remove the tumour from his brain, his only losses were to Cain, DC, Werdum, Arlovski, and Pele when he was less than two years from his MMA debut.

I mean people don't talk about Big Foot too much, when it comes to heavyweight greats, but this guy has a win over Arlovski, Fedor, Ubereem, not Overeem mind you, and Rico.

The only reason he was able to hang with the top of the heap guys was his size advantage, and even with that he was never the best.

He always had the GOAT walkouts, dancing and grooving
And his daughter has a phat ass

InfatuatedUnitedIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

Guys like Vitor and Hendo fucked Bigfoot over. Bigfoot legitimately needed the exemption for medical reason. Those guys took it to get a pass to cheat (I love hendo but a spade is a spade).

He always had the GOAT walkouts, dancing and grooving
And his daughter has a phat ass

InfatuatedUnitedIndianskimmer-size_restricted.gif

She has to be adopted.

That's a debut I'll be interested in. Sadly most fighters kids haven't had the success of their parents but eventually we'll start seeing some Manning type legacies in this sport. I bet someone like Holloway or Cowboy will train the fuck outta their kid in 5-10 years and we'll start seeing some crazy talented prodigy.

He opened +300 against Overeem lol, I knew there was value in that line because he always had power in his hands.

He was like a super-heavyweight that had to cut down. His gigantism condition made him look like a freakshow fighter (in a good way).
giphy (1).gif

He was decent.
Good ground game, heavy hands and courage to stand & bang against guys like Hunt.

But one thing is for sure. he was one of the few that was on TRT because he absolutely needed it.
Got screwed by those who abused it.
Not sure if this is true, as he tested positive for equipoise, a very common anabolic steroid that boosts red blood cells while increasing strength, etc. I frankly don’t believe his excuse that he had low testosterone because of an illness.

When he was on the shit, he was probably top 15 all time. He was big, skilled, and had heart.
I think he loses to all time HW fighters like prime cain, prime JDS, or juiced up PRIDE Fedor. He's in the same league as guys like Tim Sylvia or Gabriel Gonzaga,

Wouldn't say he won the stand up game against Reem, basically just pulled a Homer Simpson on him.

Nah it was more thought out than what homer did to the Tyson looking guy.

Round 3 Bigfoot just said fuck this, then ran reem right the fuck over. I remember reem wrestling and using takedowns alot.

Nah it was more thought out than what homer did to the Tyson looking guy.

Round 3 Bigfoot just said fuck this, then ran reem right the fuck over. I remember reem wrestling and using takedowns alot.

I'll have to rewatch it, I thought the Browne & Bigfoot fights were basically Reem beating them up for a few rounds, dumping his load against the fences and then eating shots with no guard.

Bigfoot was pretty scary, especially after the fedor fight I thought...how can anyone possibly beat bigfoot?

I never really looked at bigfoot the same after he got dropped like a sack of potatoes by DC, I remember DC talking about it like it was going to be an easy fight and he sure made it seem like easy money.

Big foot got some good wins on travis and overeem though but I got the feeling that it was more those guys screaming themselves over. Like travis jumping around like an idiot and blowing out his knee and now he is sitting duck against bigfoot, sma with overeem, putting on a clinic but slows down and gets murked.

Memorable fighter, top 5-10 In his prime no doubt

You brought back a slew of memories. The Strikeforce heavyweight tournament. I was still living with mom and I was in amazement in the computer room when that thread got posted.

The true introduction of Daniel Cormier as an alternate. Fedor loses, Alistair ditches the entire fucking tourney, strikeforce and the semi final after winning the opening round. And DC the reserve guy beats the guy that beat Fedor lol

Back