How good was Antonio Silva?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Before TRT was banned, and had to get a surgery to remove the tumour from his brain, his only losses were to Cain, DC, Werdum, Arlovski, and Pele when he was less than two years from his MMA debut.

I mean people don't talk about Big Foot too much, when it comes to heavyweight greats, but this guy has a win over Arlovski, Fedor, Ubereem, not Overeem mind you, and Rico.

Never elite, but at his best, a dangerous opponent for any fighter. He won stand-up fights against prime Reem and Arlovski, and brutalized past-prime Fedor with his top game. Nuff said.

Did the surgery really affect him ?
because he had another surgery eariler in his career,i think the TRT ban was the reason.

Never elite, but at his best, a dangerous opponent for any fighter. He won stand-up fights against prime Reem and Arlovski, and brutalized past-prime Fedor with his top game. Nuff said.

Wouldn't say he won the stand up game against Reem, basically just pulled a Homer Simpson on him.

I enjoyed him, from going Donkey Kong on Fedor, to that ko of Overeem...then butchered by Cain in that bloodbath. A lot of power, and a jaw others could cave in as well. You knew that fireworks were likely if Bigfoot was in the cage.

Before TRT was banned, and had to get a surgery to remove the tumour from his brain, his only losses were to Cain, DC, Werdum, Arlovski, and Pele when he was less than two years from his MMA debut.

I mean people don't talk about Big Foot too much, when it comes to heavyweight greats, but this guy has a win over Arlovski, Fedor, Ubereem, not Overeem mind you, and Rico.
He was decent.
Good ground game, heavy hands and courage to stand & bang against guys like Hunt.

But one thing is for sure. he was one of the few that was on TRT because he absolutely needed it.
Got screwed by those who abused it.

Bigfoot was pretty scary, especially after the fedor fight I thought...how can anyone possibly beat bigfoot?

I never really looked at bigfoot the same after he got dropped like a sack of potatoes by DC, I remember DC talking about it like it was going to be an easy fight and he sure made it seem like easy money.

Big foot got some good wins on travis and overeem though but I got the feeling that it was more those guys screaming themselves over. Like travis jumping around like an idiot and blowing out his knee and now he is sitting duck against bigfoot, sma with overeem, putting on a clinic but slows down and gets murked.

Memorable fighter, top 5-10 In his prime no doubt

He destroyed Prime Faydor lol dont @ me Faydor fangirls...same Silva that got destroyed by a green Cormier
{<jordan}

He was hindered badly by the 265lbs weight limit, and crippled by the TRT ban.

A top heavyweight at his best.

Finished Ubereem and fedor.....isn’t that enough?

He never fought Ubereem. Reem was off the roids and coming back from suspension when he fought Bigfoot.

Been in some great fights. He also seemed like a nice guy too. Dont want to fight him eva.

Hindered by a poor chin, but has some great wins and that war with Mark Hunt is the best heavyweight fight in the UFC ever.

RealisticDetailedCougar.gif

Explosive guy for his size also love this KO

Sixth or seventh best fighter with his last name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back