Media How GOOD was Anderson Silva Actually?

he did matrix a few guys impressively in his prime

Cheat code, dude had signature moves he used like it was Mortal Kombat.

we might see guys with better runs, longer reigns but I doubt we ever see someone like him at high level MMA again

well MVP if you listen to Big John

Peasant!
Being the embodiment of the perfect takedown artist, Saint Georges would have put Anderson the bald on the ground with a takedown that is unpredecented in it's beauty - the Spider, desperately trying not to get immediately overwhelmed by Georges the great, would then have tried to wrap his shrouded in legend limbs around any part of Georges body, only to realize that Saint Georges is not only a luminary in the art of taking people down, but also a master at the artistry of keeping his opponent on the ground of the octagon, while simultaneously defending the arduous but futile attempts of his opponent to submit him and punishing said opponent with ground strikes which precision is only rivalled by the exactness of a swiss clockwork.
The sands of time are running low, and as the battered and hopelessly exhausted Anderson puts the last quantum of strength together for a hail mary submission, Saint Georges looks the Spider in the eye, smirks and effortlessly defends it.
...and just as the jaded Silva begins to realize his crestfallen fate, Saint Georges the great advances in position, wraps his steely yet lissome arms around the Spider's neck and puts him to sleep...
Lol. If he could have, he would have but he didn't!!! GSP is one of the best minds in MMA. He knew better than to take on Anderson.

He was ok, had a lot of lucky wins, I wouldn’t call him a can but once weidman exposed him he lost his aura of invincibility and people realized he was just a moderately skilled fighter that had a lot of favorable matchups and got away with years of steroid abuse.
He was ok? Fuck hahahaaha. You are sir an idiot

Gsp won his last fight, Anderson has gone 1-7 in his last 8. Gsp has been 8-0.

And that win over Brunson was a pure robbery. Anderson last actual win was in 2012

Mods Why were my posts deleted in this thread??

fighter bashing? Why do you let posts of the same nature be left up about other fighters? Bias favouritism? This is getting ridiculous. Communist China levels of censorship here. It’s turning into a bit of a joke on here how sensitive mods have gotten. This is like nostromo level of bullshit.

I bet this post gets deleted.
Believe it or not, they're faaar more laxed than how they use to be, anything construeded as PED accusations was bannable, fighter bashing bannable, and other things were far more hair triggered for banning.

Most accomplished MW ever despite ruling MW when it was objectively at its weakest. It is what it is.

Anderson in his prime was arguably the best fighter we’ve ever seen

Now that I think of it he was trash........trash. One of the worst fighters that ever lived and his fan bois can’t do anything about it. All they can do is struggle to cope.B005F26C-0EC0-4F5E-BCAC-17BFD17D8BE5.jpeg

The number one GOAT, then Jones.

Mods Why were my posts deleted in this thread??

fighter bashing? Why do you let posts of the same nature be left up about other fighters? Bias favouritism? This is getting ridiculous. Communist China levels of censorship here. It’s turning into a bit of a joke on here how sensitive mods have gotten. This is like nostromo level of bullshit.

I bet this post gets deleted.
This happened to me before, I understand.

The funny thing... The behaviour is communist, but the forum is at... US. Something is wrong.
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

He was ok, had a lot of lucky wins, I wouldn’t call him a can but once weidman exposed him he lost his aura of invincibility and people realized he was just a moderately skilled fighter that had a lot of favorable matchups and got away with years of steroid abuse.
Many truths here

Lol. If he could have, he would have but he didn't!!! GSP is one of the best minds in MMA. He knew better than to take on Anderson.
I mean according to John Danaher, GSP failed to get big for middleweight, so the size difference could've been problematic, but at the very least in terms of his skills i think that St-Pierre would've been a nightmare matchup for Silva.
St-Pierre had the best takedowns ever while Silva's TDD was comparatively weak, but contrary to guys like Sonnen and Hendo, St-Pierre is also great at BJJ and extremely hard to submit, not to mention that he's a more technical refined striker on the feet.

...we'll never really know though, haha.

Back