Opinion How good or bad a President is Joe Biden so far?

How good or bad a President is Joe Biden so far?

• Total voters
He expanded the child tax rate in the 2021 Jobs Act. How's that not doing anything for the average, working American?
That's arguably one of the most consequential policies for working families that any POTUS has passed in a while, the main problem with it is that its only for the year and isn't indefinite.

Thing is the beneficiaries are mainly lower income working families and that doesn't really count much in the eyes of the GOP. They want Biden to be helping inflate the stock portfolio of upper class families, not cushioning the budgets of working families. Hence why they prefer Trump whose only major policy before the pandemic was a massive set of tax cuts for the rich that inflated the deficit.

Even if you did that posters would just narrowly tailor their criteria to fit their current opinion of the POTUS. So we can see that a bunch of dopes ITT would put gas prices and rallies as their primary criteria and then decide that based on this objective criteria that Biden is the worst POTUS ever.

The point with that though would be it wouldn’t hold over time. It would be exposed if it wasn’t their real criteria or they’d have to admit they changed their minds since the post. There’s a lot of churn though with accounts. One thing that tends to suck with bans is people don’t get tied to things they said in the past while older accounts can.

That's arguably one of the most consequential policies for working families that any POTUS has passed in a while, the main problem with it is that its only for the year and isn't indefinite.

Thing is the beneficiaries are mainly lower income working families and that doesn't really count much in the eyes of the GOP. They want Biden to be helping inflate the stock portfolio of upper class families, not cushioning the budgets of working families. Hence why they prefer Trump whose only major policy before the pandemic was a massive set of tax cuts for the rich that inflated the deficit.

Trump doubled the child tax credit from 1,000 to 2,000 during his term. I don’t agree with his tax cut bill but it isn’t correct to say it only benefited the rich.

I think some of it comes down to ‘at least he’s not trump’ to a lot of people to be fair

I would say it’s fair that if Trump wasn’t the outgoing president, I likely would’ve ranked lower just from that perspective. We have a system favoring two dominant parties though at the moment. I really think for all the people who hate Biden, they should really reflect on how a candidate like him won. Like re-elections are about if it’s a referendum on the sitting president and 2020 was.

I think some of it comes down to ‘at least he’s not trump’ to a lot of people to be fair
That's not really it for me, if it was just that I'd say he's average. I expected him to be merely "not Trump" but he has surpassed my expectations so far. He's a bit more left than most expected but at the same time he has to some extent shut out the nuttier progressives types from serious positions of power and influence which is a win-win for me.
Trump doubled the child tax credit from 1,000 to 2,000 during his term. I don’t agree with his tax cut bill but it isn’t correct to say it only benefited the rich.
Fair point but I think it was mainly beneficial for the rich. That doesn't even mean that it was all bad, there's the child tax credit you mentioned and arguably the corporate tax is not a good progressive tax so him slashing it wasn't necessarily a bad move either.

The last 4 presidents have been absolutely terrible. That doesn't bode well for the future

I feel like this is a deep state poll and I'll have "re-educators" coming by later tonight.

That's not really it for me, if it was just that I'd say he's average. I expected him to be merely "not Trump" but he has surpassed my expectations so far. He's a bit more left than most expected but at the same time he has to some extent shut out the nuttier progressives types from serious positions of power and influence which is a win-win for me.

Fair point but I think it was mainly beneficial for the rich. That doesn't even mean that it was all bad, there's the child tax credit you mentioned and arguably the corporate tax is not a good progressive tax so him slashing it wasn't necessarily a bad move either.
That’s a fair point, he hasn’t had too many nutty progressives types in his circle. I can agree with that.

Body is there but his soul has left long time ago. Don't know if America is capable of electing somebody that can lead this country in the right direction. Right now it's a shit sandwich.

He's been in office less than a year. His biggest things were getting passed covid and infrastructure. Covid I would say the admin hasn't lived up the promises, but also not really something admins can really do. But after a full year of pinning every issue on Trump and "having a plan" they aren't showing the progress they promised. Infrastructure would probably rank low right now, because it seems mired in infighting, but it aint dead yet.

Biggest wins:
  • Actually leaving Afghanistan, even if it was done horrendously. Some how leaving ineptly is better than the past 3 presidents combined because they were that bad.
  • Child tax credit seems objectively good so far.
  • American Rescue Plan was slow getting passed, but at least it passed while things were still shut down.
Biggest losses:
  • The border. Kids in cages? Remain in Mexico policy? They talked a big game but ultimately aren't showing anything new from the Trump admin.
  • Still no head of the FDA despite being in a pandemic.
  • The public option he promised doesn't even seem like a thing anymore. Again, in a pandemic and focusing very little on health care.
  • Police reform/racial justice was a big topic of the campaigns and so far they haven't delivered on any of the promises.
  • Violating Supreme Court decision and extending the eviction moratorium.
  • (Currently) can't unite the party when it comes to infrastructure, which is their main point of focus right now.

They seem to be struggling to walk and chew bubble gum and are reacting to issues very slowly. Republican obstructions certainly isn't helping but they also knew that was a thing going into it.

Tough on China, finally got the US out of Afghanistan.

If he can also get both infrastructure / social bills passed he’s looking pretty solid.

The worst...dementia-ridden and his family should be ashamed to march him out there with his mental state

Back