How good is your balance?

smellmyfarts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Take off your shoes. Stand barefoot on a flat, hard surface and Close your eyes.
Lift your foot. Lift one foot (left foot if you

i can hold it indefinitely

wrestling, surfing and skateboarding my entire life gave me crazy balance, i havent fallen completely down, even when tripped in soccer in like 5 years.

too bad i have no reason to use it practically ever now that i just work. kind of like how i learned to do handstands for a long time but never have a reason to handstand

I skateboarded for most of my life as well and did judo for a while so my balance is top notch.

I should be dead according to this! Surely there must be some mistake?

I had to do this shit on each leg for 30 seconds at a time for my ACL rehab. I guess I pass the test for my age group.

I skateboarded for most of my life as well and did judo for a while so my balance is top notch.

i wrestled for 13 years, and I do quite a bit of snowboarding, but my average is only 12 seconds...............and that's after a little practice WTF?

My roommate can't do it for more than a few seconds. Surely those numbers can't be accurate????

I quit the expriment at 40 seconds on my first try.
One foot was significantly weaker because of a broken large toe.

i wrestled for 13 years, and I do quite a bit of snowboarding, but my average is only 12 seconds...............and that's after a little practice WTF?

really? thats weird man, as a wrestler this was cake

but maybe its because i had a few really elite wrestling partners growing up with sick ass single legs so i would spend all day hopping on one foot trying not to die. to the point where nobody in my gym could finish outside singles on each other anymore. then i had to switch my go-to move to my username <----

I do yoga. Half moon makes your posted challenge nothing.

Trick to keeping your balance is to poke your belly button with your finger when you feel you are losing it.

I have very specific balance due to years of amateur boxing.
Whilst moving I never seem to lose my balance but statically I'm not very good.

I think the more interesting thing about the test is that some people have to be specifically told how to find the average of 3 numbers.

I do yoga and generally do well with the balance postures. I can maintain most one leg balance postures, tree, royal dancer, etc. for a couple minutes, so lifting one leg for 30 seconds is nothing.

the difference between doing this eyes open and closed is HUGE

I do yoga. Half moon makes your posted challenge nothing.

My posted challenge is much harder than a half moon pose for me. Are you not closing your eyes and standing on your dominant foot? The only thing that makes it difficult is closing your eyes, which tests propriocepion. Half moon is more about being flexible than having great balance IMO.

I am like a cat. I should have been a ghey trapeze artist.

Back