How good is/was Brock Lesnar?

DC was a Olympic wrestler you fucktard
But Brock asslickers like you claim the only reason Brock was not great was because he started to late. Now stfu before I have to kick you in the ass and send you on your way.

He had a decent run to be fair, regardless of his size and weight advantage. Beating Herring, Randy, Mir and Carwin is pretty impressive.

I could see Brock being somewhat competitive against some current heavyweights. He’d more than likely get smoked by Stipe and Cain.

I’d be interested in the DC/Jones fight though,

He would have done better in Pride.... But he doesnt do well with getting hit which is a bad Achilles heel for a contact sport

showed brock was around at the right time.

brock was 5-4 for a reason.

with out his wwe backing he doesing get a title shot off crushing heath hirring face hell he not in the ufc if not for wwe.

brock is just like bobby lashley was
Except, that the Champion (Randy) asked for Brock. If someone offers you a title shot, would you say, "No, I didn't earn it?"

Possibly. Nog often took GNP before getting the sub. Isn't it also likely that he could have been TKO'ed?
Nogueira was never TKO'd via GnP a single time in his entire career. Even in his old man state.

He avoided standing with Herring, took him down and raped him for 3 rounds.

He mostly avoided striking with Randy (which he was edging him at anyway) and used his strength and wrestling to control him and wear him out.

Again, he mostly avoids the stand-up with Mir and controls him on the ground with ease, taking almost zero damage. It was a clinical destruction.

He absorbed some big shots from Carwin but managed to weather the storm by blocking most of Carwin's shots with his forearms. He picked the perfect opportunity to get back to his feet before the round was even over.

Against Carwin he seemed to gas and then panicked badly. Humiliating loss, but he took it well to give him credit.

I think he knew he was done when he fought Ubereem and was physically at his worst after battling diverticulitis for the last few years.

Finally with Hunt, his stand-up, particularly his striking defense had noticeably improved and like with Herring and Mir, he was able to get him to the ground with beautifully timed takedowns and land vicious g&p. He picks his shots very well when he's controlling his opponents on the ground.

Another Sherdogger with a narrative that exists only in their head.
Avoided the striking with Randy, even though he got a knockdown. Rewatch that fight please, Randy was avoiding the striking by trying to clinch and wrestle.

Avoids the standup with Mir, who at the time was known as a standup guru?

I think the bit about Carwin is accurate, but it seems out of place with the rest of your context. Seems like you are complimenting Brock's Fight IQ?

Yes, he looked weaker and slower against Ubereem. So that probably means Ubereem was faster than we give him credit for.

And, yes with Hunt, his striking was much better, still leagues away from average for UFC, but actually decent for UFC HW.

I agree, there is no narrative that Brock sucks, or that Brock was dominant. He took the fights they gave him and parlayed that into a successful MMA career. Not a great, not a bum.

Nogueira was never TKO'd via GnP a single time in his entire career. Even in his old man state.
This is true. I would have loved to have seen this fight. I don't think it was an autowin for Nog though.

Just a year and a half earlier Randy dominated Tim Sylvia with his wrestling.
True. But a year and half on a 45 year old is a big deal, especially when he's had a year layoff. And styles make fights, and Sylvia wasn't a wrestler. It was an ideal matchup for Randy, which is why he came out of retirement for that fight (he admitted as much). Brock, on the other hand, was a wrestler with a 50 pound weight advantage. Randy had a history of struggling against larger grapplers.

Beating Randy was a good win for Brock. But taken in context, it certainly wasn't an elite win.

This quote from Teddy Roosevelt pretty much addresses Brock's legacy:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

He was a great HW who unfortunately got sick and couldn't stay healthy thus he left back to WWE.

Saying he was a bum is basically dissing Frank Mir, Randy Couture, Heath Herring, Mark Hunt, and Shane Carwin.

He is 1-2 in the last 9 years and that "1" was overturned. He lost twice in a row in devastating fashion. Herring took him to a decision.

The dude sucks

He's probably the most accomplished fighter I can think considering his lack of experience. Beaten a few former champs, beat a killer in Carwin, yeah you've forgotten a bit about what he's done.

Even if you're not a fan to say a former champ "sucks" is pretty immature man, c'mon!

He's probably the most accomplished fighter I can think considering his lack of experience. Beaten a few former champs, beat a killer in Carwin, yeah you've forgotten a bit about what he's done.

Even if you're not a fan to say a former champ "sucks" is pretty immature man, c'mon!

I think he's a terrible HW and only had success because the division sucked and he was on roids.

Good enough to whoop DC and make "real" fans mighty salty. Mark AleYeah's words...

Fair enough, you may be write but whether or not beating Hunt impressed you personally it did still happen and he was a top 10 guy at the time. Derrick Lewis is ranked #3 is he not? Can't really see him beating Brock unless Brock is totally useless now. I also think he would have a pretty good chance against Francis if Francis can't put him out in the first minute which nobody has ever done.
All fair points.

He would still beat guys like Lewis and Nygannou today.

Back