How good is/was Brock Lesnar?

Good but not an all time great. Won the title from Couture who is really a LHW (and was old but still fighting well), and aside from that his best wins are Hunt (a stepping stone) and Mir. He loses to every absolutely elite true HW.

Very good and actually underrated. If Brock replaced Stipe in that Ngannou fight I am 1000% certain he would have beat the absolute shit out of Ngannou and finished him, no decision, would have finished him by 2nd round ground 'n' pound

A level athlete
If MMA was bigger and he didn’t get ill he could of been GOAT

Brock was a legit D1 Wrestling legend, and fought the best of the best at HW, beating many of them. When he beat Carwin that was a top-3 biggest fight in UFC history to that point, IMO. I think he deserves respect. You'd take the big money fights too, if you could pull it off. On a personal note, I got to hang out with him once and he is a really good guy. Was telling stories about growing up on the farm (dirt poor) etc.

It surely didn't help, but still, even Stevie Wonder could see Lesnar wasn't as effective as he could be while stricking.

Like someone else said, Lesnar is one of the biggest "What if?" in the UFC's History.
What if he didn't go to the WWE, and just went to learn how to box, BJJ and everything else?
He did really good with what he had, but he could have done so much more, IMO
Brock had way more upside that was left on the table as far as unrealized talent than Cain. Cain was actually training MMA for his whole career unlike Brock.

Good but not an all time great. Won the title from Couture who is really a LHW (and was old but still fighting well), and aside from that his best wins are Hunt (a stepping stone) and Mir. He loses to every absolutely elite true HW.
Man you must not have watched UFC when Shane Carwin was on a tear.

Brock before his Illness was defintely a top HW of all time.

Good enough to win the HW strap and unify it and defend it.

Brock on the juice before diverticulitis had a lot of potential.

If he was serious about MMA and had a good camp, probably the greatest.

UFC HW Champ, so garbage according to Sherdog.
When he was champ the UFC was negotiating with Fedor.
That’s one fight I wish we would have gotten to see.

Super protected until they couldn't protect him anymore. Never should have had a shot at Couture ahead of Big Nog. If anything, Minotauro should have faced Lesnar and the winner gets the shot. Instead? Lesnar beats Heath Herring????

Have you seen his schedule who the fook protected Lesnar.. you are talking nonsense really now he only had top dogs and killers with limited time in the game.. it's like you put CM Punk now with all the top WW's.

A lot of people on these forums seem to have a certain bitterness to him and believe his popularity pretty much came from his name only, which part of it I agree with but there's no denying he did a lot for the sport by putting it on the map. Where would you see him as far as great (ie: DC, Cain, Stipe and Randy), mid tier (Arlovski, Travis Browne, Derrick Lewis) or low tier competition (Struve. Hunt, Bigfoot)
He won the title in the least amount of fights in modern UFC, then defended it against the number one contender while being stricken with a deadly disease that would take a foot of his intestine (which was another record at the time - the defense that is). His only loses were after the surgery. His whole career was at 70%. If any other champion had to deal with what he had to deal with, I would be interested to see how they would do?

He is probably the most freakishly athletic fighter in UFC history, and one of the best wrestlers to apply that trade in MMA. He is top tier because he won the title full stop. At 100% he would possibly be the GOAT, at 70% he is a HOF first ballot.

Middle of the pack simply because he had super low fight IQ and turtles if you sneeze in his direction.

Not a fan but cant deny that he did pretty well coming from a fake sport to becoming champ in what 5 fights?! Thats fucking amazing to cross over like that. Dudes a beast. juiced to the gills but still could take a beating.

That’s because he fought C level athletes.

Back