How good is the Volkan vs Smith card?

This Nasrat kid is an absolute dynamo at 155! He might not get the warmest reception in Moncton, due to him being an Afghan and the arena's relative proximity to a major military base, but he looked amazing against Diakiese. His hands are fast and sharp and he's got the unstoppable gas tank of youth on his side. I think the guy has tremendous upside.

He also looks like a Muslim Kelvin Gastelum.

This Nasrat kid is an absolute dynamo at 155! He might not get the warmest reception in Moncton, due to him being an Afghan and the arena's relative proximity to a major military base, but he looked amazing against Diakiese. His hands are fast and sharp and he's got the unstoppable gas tank of youth on his side. I think the guy has tremendous upside.

He also looks like a Muslim Kelvin Gastelum.
The way he beat Diakiese was oh so very satisfying.

He pretty much suffered Vera's fate after becoming a free agent for a while.

You have to admit that both KO's were pretty gnarly. I loved every second of them :)

I got Volkan by decision.

That's why I'm kinda excited for it, minus the fights featuring grinders and point fighters.

Volkan by dec is NEVER going to happen. Volkan has pretty terrible cardio. And he always go 100% from the first second and after just 1min you can see how he starts to slow down. It was really obvious vs Cormier. Now Smith is no Cormier and Volkan will most likely destroy him in the first.

But IF he does survive, lets say the first 3-4mins then he is going to win. He will be a little dangerous the first 30-40 seconds perhaps in the second round but after that he is all done! And Smith could keep the same pase for 5 rounds.

Smith is more durable now in LHW as we saw in his last fight but i still think it's not gonna be enough against Volkan thou. And I would guess that Volkan may have improved his gas tank slightly but not a lot. Because he probably realized he is going to need to work on his cardio if he wanna be a champ.

I'm pumped for Charles Bronson vs Misha Cirkunov, tbh.

Good enough that I won't be bothered when I miss it. Maybe I'll watch it next day.

Back