How Good is Ray Cooper III?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Has two wins against Shields and now a win against Rory. The issue I have is how shot are the two? Rory coming off a loss, although BS one, to Tibau of all people. That should be a fight he should finish or completely dominate to prevent any possibility of that. Where do you think he's be in the UFC? Top 15? Top 10?
upload_2021-8-15_10-39-16.png
I'm not confident he beats anyone on this list. Possibly Li and Belal. Maia is shot enough so that's possible he KOs him.

I think does ok, somewhere between 15 and 8 or so. I don't see him beating any of the better guys in the division though.

He’s got that really ugly loss to John Howard a few years back, I’d like to see him get that back if he can. Besides that he’s looked good.

Regardless of what happens vs Magomedkerimov, I think he'll be a highly coveted free agent if he were to hit the market. UFC would probably sign him outright if he wins the tourney.

Regardless of what happens vs Magomedkerimov, I think he'll be a highly coveted free agent if he were to hit the market. UFC would probably sign him outright if he wins the tourney.
I think his motivation to sign with the UFC won't be there if that happens. If Magomed beats him decisively he might go to the UFC but if you steamroll people for 1 mill I'm not sure he moves to the UFC. Same reason it's hard to believe Harrison will ever go to the UFC

I think his motivation to sign with the UFC won't be there if that happens. If Magomed beats him decisively he might go to the UFC but if you steamroll people for 1 mill I'm not sure he moves to the UFC. Same reason it's hard to believe Harrison will ever go to the UFC
Harrison is gone after this season unless she's just honeydicking. Every interview with her she mentions that her contract is up after this season.

Cooper already said he's staying in PFL for the foreseeable future. He's only 28 and has plenty of time to rack up wins and make another million or two. That's better than him fighting Tim Means or Max Griffin for 12k/12k on the fucking prelims.

Not gonna lie though, him vs Niko Price or Mike Perry or Michel Pereira would be some fun scraps. But he'd be fighting for peanuts, buried on some shitty Fight Night card.

Cooper already said he's staying in PFL for the foreseeable future. He's only 28 and has plenty of time to rack up wins and make another million or two. That's better than him fighting Tim Means or Max Griffin for 12k/12k on the fucking prelims.

Not gonna lie though, him vs Niko Price or Mike Perry or Michel Pereira would be some fun scraps. But he'd be fighting for peanuts, buried on some shitty Fight Night card.

I don't think they'd offer him 12/12. Lins got about 80/80 I think as a former PFL champ. Obviously it's not a million, but there's no guarantee of winning that (unless you're Kayla).

I don't think they'd offer him 12/12. Lins got about 80/80 I think as a former PFL champ. Obviously it's not a million, but there's no guarantee of winning that (unless you're Kayla).
Yeah, it's a bit annoying here when people strawman the UFC by alleging that everyone no matter what starting experience they have get 12/12. The real numbers are bad enough no need to shoot your own foot by making up wrong ones.

Yeah, it's a bit annoying here when people strawman the UFC by alleging that everyone no matter what starting experience they have get 12/12. The real numbers are bad enough no need to shoot your own foot by making up wrong ones.

Listen, I don't normally read your posts because you post these annoying novels that no one cares to read, but 12/12 is still show/win for new signees, sometimes it's 14/14, maybe 25/25, so no one's "making up wrong ones" you blowhard.

UFC might pay Cooper 50k, and maybe he fights twice a year, but he'll make more in PFL either way.

Listen, I don't normally read your posts because you post these annoying novels that no one cares to read, but 12/12 is still show/win for new signees, sometimes it's 14/14, maybe 25/25, so no one's "making up wrong ones" you blowhard.

UFC might pay Cooper 50k, and maybe he fights twice a year, but he'll make more in PFL either way.
I mean, do you read your own posts?

"12/12 is the show/win for new signees"
"Actually sometimes it's 14/14"
"Oh actually maybe sometimes it's 25/25"
"Oh and maybe Cooper will get 50k"

Clearly, like in most workplaces, there's a scale that varies by experience.

You suggested above that Cooper would be paid 12/12, which is the base scale for a fighter with minimal experience. But Cooper is a 3 time PFL finalist and former PFL champ. Do you not see why that's disingenuous?

Back